7:10 PM EST : Arizona ( -130 ) at Cincinnati ( 120 ) —- T: 8.0
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 100 ) at Boston ( -108 ) —- T: 9.0
    7:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 134 ) at Miami ( -145 ) —- T: 8.0
    8:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 228 ) at Chi Cubs ( -250 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -101 ) at Houston ( -107 ) —- T: 7.0
    8:40 PM EST : Washington ( -180 ) at Colorado ( 165 ) —- T: 10.0

SF at PIT

• SF is strong vs RHP.
    • PIT is very strong vs RHP, especially considering how slow they started the season. Top-5 offense over the last 30 days.
    • Peavy has historical home run issues. Low BABIP vs LHB is masking his issues.
    • Morton allowing a ton of hard contact. He’s been unbelievably bad vs LHB.

ARI at CIN

• Corbin flashing great K numbers, but struggling with hard contact and home runs.

PHI at MIA

• PHI league-average vs LHP.
    • MIA abysmal vs RHP.
    • Jerome is extremely generous with home runs.
    • Hand is just plain bad vs RHB.
    • Jerome is generally the worst pitcher on any slate he finds himself on.

ATL at CHI

• ATL is just terrible against everyone with their current lineup.
    • CHC are beginning to come alive offensively. They’ve been bottom of the barrel for quite some time, but are slowly turning it around thanks to their talented crop of youngsters.
    • Folty giving up hard contact and TONS of home runs. Getting CRUSHED by everyone.

WAS at COL

• COL’s numbers vs RHP at home are insane.
    • WAS has been struggling this season with all their injuries, They’ve yet to turn it around even with everyone back.
    • Flande has severe home run issues. Pick on him with mainly RHB.

CLE at NYY

• NYY demolish RHP.
    • CLE has been mostly disappointing since starting the season on fire.
    • Tomlin bad vs everyone.
    • Nova having trouble vs LHB.

TEX at DET

• DET has been freefalling of late, but they look like they could be turning it around.
    • TEX is a fringe top-10 offense vs RHP.
    • Simon struggles with control and home runs.
    • Perez is a can of gas.

MIN at BAL

• BAL is top-10 vs RHP, and finally starting to come around after stalling out for a little while.
    • MIN has been bad vs RHP all season long.
    • Miguel allowing a ton of home runs on an inflated HR/9. Bad vs both sides of the plate, but even worse vs LHB.

KAN at BOS

• BOS is top-10 vs LHP, and on fire as of late.
    • KAN gonna KAN.
    • Duffy allowing lots of hard contact, and struggling with his control. Big-time struggles against RHB.
    • Miley is a gas can vs RHB.

TAM at HOU

• TAM top-10 over the last 30 days.
    • HOU is top-10 vs RHP.
    • Archer is the elite pitcher you didn’t know was elite. Unreal K% and SwSt% numbers.
    • McHugh is excellent vs oppo hitters, but struggles mightily with same-handed batters.

CWS at LAA

• CWS have been bad all season, but they’re top-10 over the last 30 days.
    • LAA offense goes as Trout goes.
    • Quintana’s struggles vs RHB seem mostly BABIP-induced.

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• mabrla

I had Archer and still didn’t hit the cash line. He was my only gut call of the night. I like Thatmetsfan’s idea…going full gut tomorrow.

The pitchers that are typically terrible can’t just give up 5 runs an inning. It’s at the point in the season where everything regresses to average and unlucky things can happen. Even in plus match-ups that were automatic earlier this season.

• ljason8eg

I’m pretty new to baseball, doing the beginner 50/50s on DK to get my feet wet.

Quick question; Is it common to have a bunch of duplicate lineups in 20-30 lineup single entry games? Seems kind of strange especially when the picks mostly aren’t chalk.

• cjs5555

@ljason8eg said...

I’m pretty new to baseball, doing the beginner 50/50s on DK to get my feet wet.

Quick question; Is it common to have a bunch of duplicate lineups in 20-30 lineup single entry games? Seems kind of strange especially when the picks mostly aren’t chalk.

yes, it is common…but surprised it would be happening in the beginner games.

• Olhausen

@Stylerip said...

My suggestions is to stop reading all the articles that claim to know which players to pick. Chalk plays rarely do well, and are usually high owned. Also when a player scores a lot the previous night, he is more than likely to regress and have a shit game next time. I can’t stress this enough to do your own research without getting picks served to you on a silver platter.

I never look at the articles anymore until I’m done researching for the day. Also I’m going to start making one lineup a day that I do everything opposite of what my research tells me just in case. Tonight I’m actually up $ so I can’t complain.seems the only way I win on Dk lately is when the chalk plays don’t go off.

• NextSignal

Had a few Archer / Lamb combos that did okay tonight. Definitely wasn’t a big night as my hitters were stifled by some unexpected arms as well. Lamb is definitely one to keep an eye on as we move toward the end of the year though. That’s now 15 K’s in the past 11.1 innings against two tough opponents. Hell of an easy GPP choice if he stays relatively cheap.

• DRTII

LOL @ McCann, Zobrist and Desmond throwing up zeroes. Archer was a savior, but what a joke for the other chalk players.

• deejones49

Had Archer/Miley finished with 158 in the Moonshot McCann/Gardner/Bird finished with 2 points combined killed my dreams lol.

• DRTII

I was going to bring up Bird (had him as well) but figured he wasn’t a sure thing. So, yeah. 2 points out of 4 of my players and I still money (so far). Good job on the 158, that’s a lot better than I did today with 2 rosters in the Moonshot.

• AQUAFTM45

Well…theres always Pre-Season NFL for less variance..

• aafritz13

Just curious if anyone else notices ‘banders’ almost taking every spot in the spot top 100 of the moonshot. I dont know if he/she played every GPP but my god what a night they had to have. Incredible hit with a MIN stack plus Archer. YIKES!!!!

48 out of top 100

30 out of top 40 scores…… WOW

• DRTII

@aafritz13 said...

Just curious if anyone else notices ‘banders’ almost taking every spot in the spot top 100 of the moonshot. I dont know if he/she played every GPP but my god what a night they had to have. Incredible hit with a MIN stack plus Archer. YIKES!!!!

48 out of top 100

30 out of top 40 scores…… WOW

Kind of hard to miss that. I don’t really like it, but if that’s the way DK wants it and thinks it’s good for the game, then it’s gonna stay that way. Guess it’s time to bring grenades to a gunfight.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

I just looked it up now…. I put in 50 LUs… cashed MIA, PHI, MIN stacks… had Archer on PHI and MIA but didn’t on my only two MIN stacks. Was heavy on TEX and BAL and didn’t pay off… also was heavier on Arrieta than Archer and that was a mistake.

I am not interested enough to download the spreadsheet, but it looks like if banders had 500+ LUs they did a great job zeroing in on MIN… if they had 1000+ LUs… whatever…

I enjoy so much the Monday tournament with the 200 LU limit. I really think that is a sweet spot where multi-entry meets bankroll meets skills.

• DRTII

@Unico10 said...

I just looked it up now…. I put in 50 LUs… cashed MIA, PHI, MIN stacks… had Archer on PHI and MIA but didn’t on my only two MIN stacks. Was heavy on TEX and BAL and didn’t pay off… also was heavier on Arrieta than Archer and that was a mistake.

I am not interested enough to download the spreadsheet, but it looks like if banders had 500+ LUs they did a great job zeroing in on MIN… if they had 1000+ LUs… whatever…

I enjoy so much the Monday tournament with the 200 LU limit. I really think that is a sweet spot where multi-entry meets bankroll meets skills.

Not taking away from the skill or stacking MIN, but the pitchers were EASY tonight. And those that were bad even ended up doing awesome. Getting the hitters right was the real challenge. That being said, no one knew the pitchers were going to be so good and it’s never a given, so the stacks he/she/they made were relying on chalk pitchers with stacks.

Great strategy when it works, but I’d like to see 50 – 100 LU max for these tournaments. 999999 max isn’t helping anyone but those collecting rake and those that can afford to strongarm the top spots.

• banders234

Full disclosure, I used fantasycruncher’s import feature to put in my lineups, so yes I used a script (probably obvious). I had 480 lineups with 4 stacks. WAS, MIN, NYY, and CHC (120 each). Normally what happened tonight would never work out like that… but I guess with the weather scaring so many people off the MIN game…

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

@banders234 said...

Full disclosure, I used fantasycruncher’s import feature to put in my lineups, so yes I used a script (probably obvious). I had 480 lineups with 4 stacks. WAS, MIN, NYY, and CHC (120 each). Normally what happened tonight would never work out like that… but I guess with the weather scaring so many people off the MIN game…

As I said, with 500 lineups… Impressive
    Great job!

• Wombat

@banders234 said...

Congrats man. I might have to check out fantasycruncher. I know a lot of the best players use some sort of lineup randomizer. I use the RG one sometimes but what I want is to be able to set the % of lineups I want each player in, does it allow you to do that?

• ckamins87

• 2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

After doing a bit more research, I see banders got 2nd in the moonshot a week ago with a twins stack when they scored 11 runs. Theyve been kind to you recently lol.

• planetbeyond

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. Put my cash lineups together on my phone yesterday and was pressed for time due to a family thing. Meant to roster Alcides Escobar as a punt at shortstop and accidently put Eduardo Escobar in instead. Never noticed because I was going back and forth at several other positions. Eduardo busts out the dong stick and gives me 10.5 FD points allowing me to sweep all my cash games.

Embrace the varience lol!

• ascole28

How can someone claim Sano is the only option on the twins? Brian dozier ring a bell? How about one of the top prospects in baseball in Buxton?

• PhiloBeddoe

What has Dozier done since the All Star break? Zip. Buxton is by no means an option at this point. All u got to do is check it out. BD will snap out of this slump, but Buxton might be a ways away. Great that they called him up though. Get a taste of the big show.

• TrueLikeGiroux

@tommykarate said...

how is this cubs TT 4.1 if the wind is blowing out this hard? makes no sense..
    maybe i should just call my bookie tonight and skip DFS

Nice call, easy money.

• MRCOOKONUTS

@Warbucks79 said...

i can stack the maximum allowed and I miss the player that scores the most, every time.

Play multiple lineups and change a few players on the team you stack.Simple solution?
    That will increase your odds of hitting the correct player that scores the most..

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).