7:05 PM EST : Washington ( -122 ) at Baltimore ( 113 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Houston ( 139 ) at Pittsburgh ( -151 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Boston ( -142 ) at Tampa Bay ( 131 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:20 PM EST : Colorado ( -121 ) at Milwaukee ( 112 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 134 ) at Arizona ( -145 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( -151 ) at Oakland ( 139 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( – ) at Seattle ( – ) —- T: —-
    10:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -217 ) at San Diego ( 198 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• fantasyordeztiny

@cplatt87 said...

Strasburg I agree is a trap and I will be fading across the board, but Lester has a great matchup so I’m not sure why you’d feel he’s a trap. Padres aren’t good and Petco is a good park for pitchers.

I’ll take my chances tonight with Lester. Strasburg, however, is on my “Do Not Touch even if he’s got the best matchup on the fucking board” list.

• feekdogg

@wisertime said...

haha. I see 84 and think Moss in Minny. he was my favorite NFL player ever. ( I was not a minny or patriot fan) , but he played like no one else. as a sports fan, he is in the class of the most gifted athletes ever, in comparison to jordan, barry sanders, mario Lemieux , Bolt ect. those guys did shit people could only dream of pulling off. those guys were human highlight reels

True Randy Moss story. New Year’s Eve, 1998/1999. Vikings just finish a 15-1 season. A bunch of us are partying in Minneapolis at a place called International Market Square. A bunch of Vikes players appear on stage at the party, crowd goes nuts, etc. End of the night, me and a buddy are back in the Hilton running around and being too loud. We’re waiting to get on an elevator. The elevator dings and off walks Randy Moss, all by himself. I like the Vikings and all, but my buddy is obsessed with them. As Moss walks by, my buddy says, “Randy, can I talk to you?” Without turning around, Moss just says, “Nope” and continues walking to the end of the hall. We stand there just watching him go down to the end of the hall. All of a sudden, from the other direction, here come some more of our buddies, who are running down the hall with a local news anchor. As they run past us, they yell out that they’re going to party with the Vikings. So we join the pack and head to the end of the hall. They let us in the suite and there’s a handful of Vikings players. Randy sat in the corner the entire time, never said a word to anyone, and nobody said anything to him. It was really weird, but something I’ll always remember.

• cwill356

so Strasburg is the contrarian play tonight based off of his last 4 games?

• cwill356

@lolGTO said...

People still believe this?

where is the data that supports otherwise?

• jordan200580

Here’s how to win at MLB dfs. Puck the pitcher nobody is talking about, in a bad match up, who’s price seems way too high. Take anybody with a sub .200 BvP and fill out the rest with a stack of Lefty vs lefty hitters playing in San Diego…

• jordan200580

@jordan200580 said...

Here’s how to win at MLB dfs. Puck the pitcher nobody is talking about, in a bad match up, who’s price seems way too high. Take anybody with a sub .200 BvP and fill out the rest with a stack of Lefty vs lefty hitters playing in San Diego…

Pick lol. Puck comes later….

• wisertime

of course the dodger bats come alive again, a day late. thanks LAD

• Razzle11

@cwill356 said...

where is the data that supports otherwise?

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor

• Olhausen

Well last week I finally had a good one. Cashed 4 of 7 days on Dk and 5 of 7 on fan duel. Here’s hoping to win big in the super moonshot or whatever the hell its called this week.

• lolGTO

In the NL Petco is 7th out of 15th in HR allowed. 13th for LH power going by FG’s park factors. Top 10 in runs in ESPN’s ballpark factors. Fantasy Labs’ trends has it as a plus as well. Some of this is due to the Padres weak pitching, but that’s mitigated a bit by their below average offense.

And this:

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2016/1/19/10787848/petco-park-padres-not-pitcher-friendly-anymore-right-field-fence-move

It isn’t a hitter’s paradise, bu it doesn’t play like the same park it was a few years ago.

• Jaredmlevitt

@lolGTO said...

People still believe this?

Above the NL average this year in terms of hr/game.

• Kujo2020

I’ve gotten burned a ton lately rostering the so-called high price aces. Lester, Price, and Carrasco have awesome match ups, but it almost feels like a trap picking one of them. I think I’ll role the dice in a GPP with either Taillon, Bundy, Godley, or Bettis. Most likely it will be Godley.

• Olhausen

Is anybody else having problems getting on daily baseball data.com today?
    I can’t access it on my iPad or iPhone.

• snascimento

@TheWhiteMamba said...

I’m thinking Jake Lamb hits two dingers today!

I want to believe that, too …but dude has just been COLD, striking out > 31% of the time over the last 30 days.

• ribeyeshrimp

@Razzle11 said...

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/year/2013

• Razzle11

@Olhausen said...

Is anybody else having problems getting on daily baseball data.com today?
    I can’t access it on my iPad or iPhone.

not coming up on my laptop either

• Razzle11

@ribeyeshrimp said...

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/year/2013

That’s for 2013?

• ribeyeshrimp

@Razzle11 said...

That’s for 2013?

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/year/2014

• Stickman731

@Razzle11 said...

@cwill356 said…

I would love to see these data sorted by Month and dew point. I think it will vary significantly.

• Razzle11

@Stickman731 said...

I would love to see these data sorted by Month and dew point. I think it will vary significantly.

that would need to be done by somebody smarter than me

• IronMonkey415

Logan Forsythe still has the hot hand, could be a decent play.

• ASitar

Will a Zimmerman, Murphy, Turner, Harper stack be too highly owned with the Rockies, Brewers, DBacks, Cubs being good stacks on this slate? Also, I like Kivlehan tonight and will be putting a Solarte, Kivlehan, Janikowski, A. Dickerson stack for when Stras falls apart. Catcher is the tough pick for me tonight as it will be the key to a high scoring LU. Ramos, Castillo, Sanchez, Contreras, Leon?

• BmoreClutch

Strasburg scratched. Headed to the DL with elbow soreness

https://twitter.com/MarkZuckerman/status/767775573204611072

• Razzle11

@ASitar said...

Will a Zimmerman, Murphy, Turner, Harper stack be too highly owned with the Rockies, Brewers, DBacks, Cubs being good stacks on this slate? Also, I like Kivlehan tonight and will be putting a Solarte, Kivlehan, Janikowski, A. Dickerson stack for when Stras falls apart. Catcher is the tough pick for me tonight as it will be the key to a high scoring LU. Ramos, Castillo, Sanchez, Contreras, Leon?

SD faces Lester, not Stras?

• Willhicksgolf

I’m thinking Chad Bettis could be a solid value pitcher. Any team stacks in mind? Looks to me like a good night for spreading the hitters around with the good weather forecast.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).