8:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 155 ) at Chi Sox ( -168 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Colorado ( -119 ) at Milwaukee ( 110 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : NY Mets ( 156 ) at St. Louis ( -170 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 111 ) at Arizona ( -120 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( -146 ) at Oakland ( 135 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -240 ) at San Diego ( 219 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 122 ) at Seattle ( -132 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( -113 ) at LA Dodgers ( 104 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• KillaChap

Did last night mark the end of the “Ace Curse?” I think so. Arietta should be locked and loaded tonight. Pair him up with Gary Sanchez and Freddie Freeman.

• wcuball29

Hopefully everybody is off Lamb tonight

• ASitar

Pitchers I’m considering under $7.5k (FD) and BvP standouts.

Dan Straily – Risky in this ballpark, but should get 7 k’s and should get enough run support for the W. He also holds batters to a .243 BA. 7.2 IP, 7 k’s, 3 ER, W (47 points). 0 HRs allowed vs this Rangers squad.
    CC Sabathia- Boom or bust, but the power hitters are lefties and he’s worth the risk. 6.2 IP, 2 ER, 9 k’s, W (53 points).
    Joe Musgrove – I think his last game will not be his norm (allowed 11 hits, 2 k’s). 24% k rate and 3% walk rate. Pitt 9th in MLB at 8.27 k’s/game. Plus, Nova sucks and I can see Houston putting up 8 runs for the W support. 8 IP, 1 ER, 8 k’s, W (57 points).

Trout vs Dickey 6/11
    Morrison vs Buchholz 5/12, 2 HRs
    Ortiz vs Archer 13/43, 3 HRs
    Betts vs Archer 4/18, 2 HRs
    H Ramirez vs Archer 4/9, 2 SB
    Bogaerts vs Archer 7/19
    Arenado vs Anderson 6/20, 3 HRs
    Blackmon vs Anderson 6/24, 2 HRs
    LeMahieu vs Anderson 4/17, 1 HR
    CarGo vs Anderson 1/14
    Moreland vs Straily 1/14
    Andrus vs Straily 1/22
    Dozier vs Sanchez 2/23
    JD Martinez vs Gibson 8/19, 2 HRs
    Kinsler vs Gibson 9/21, 1 HR, 1 SB
    Miggy vs Gibson 5/15, 1 HR
    Aybar vs Gibson 4/10
    Piscotty vs Niese 4/8
    Carpenter vs Niese 5/12
    Gyroko vs Niese 6/16, 1 HR
    Moss vs Niese 4/10
    Molina vs Niese 11/31, 1 SB
    Peralta vs Niese 7/20
    Seager vs Sabathia 2/16
    Cano vs Sabathia 3/14
    Gardner vs Iwakuma 6/14, 2 SB
    Kike Hernandez vs Bum 10/16, 3 HRs
    AGon vs Bum 8/48

GL tonight.

• tristanwolf

Sanchez is $100 cheaper on FD tonight? Lol ownership gonna be >60%?

• zshoom

• 2016 Single Entry Series Finalist

@tristanwolf said...

His price is gonna shoot up to above 4k at some point in the next couple days, so might as well get on it now. Same thing happened with Kepler/”(player-popup)Trea Turner”:/players/trea-turner-21824 a few weeks ago, Villar/Saunders/Travis/Choo earlier in the season, Sano/Seager/Lindor/Correa last year, a bunch of others that I’m missing. I think it takes a few games for the algorithm to adjust after setting the original price too low. There was also an occasion where Holliday was 2.6 went like 3 for 4 with a homer and a bunch of rbi and was 2.4 the next day in a good matchup.

Worth pointing out that Posey is only 2.9k tonight. Will be definitely pivoting to him in a couple.

• osuryanf

@wcuball29 said...

Hopefully everybody is off Lamb tonight

At this point they should be, he’s been terrible for quite awhile.

• CJtheGrump

Don’t look now… Schoop’s been good. 6 straight games with a hit and HR in his last two.

• feekdogg

I’m a sucker for satellites, mainly because they get me into contests that I’d never really be willing to risk otherwise, but for whatever reason, I can’t get one into the Fanduel Sunday Million. At this point, it would have been cheaper for me just to pay to enter the contest. And yes, I am trying again tonight.

• KillaChap

@feekdogg said...

I’m a sucker for satellites, mainly because they get me into contests that I’d never really be willing to risk otherwise, but for whatever reason, I can’t get one into the Fanduel Sunday Million. At this point, it would have been cheaper for me just to pay to enter the contest. And yes, I am trying again tonight.

I love these new 3-100 players games on FD. I’ve cashed in almost every one I’ve played in. Much better than throwing away money in the big GPP’s every night.

• ASitar

LOTS of good bats and stacks today. 340 will be the top score on FD. Red Sox could be a sneaky lower-owned stack. Tigers, Blue Jays, Rockies, Astros, Cubs, Cardinals will be the ones to look at.

• wcuball29

@osuryanf said...

At this point they should be, he’s been terrible for quite awhile.

Well most of that terrible came on the road

• wcuball29

@tristanwolf said...

FD must think its Mark Sanchez

• feekdogg

@KillaChap said...

I love these new 3-100 players games on FD. I’ve cashed in almost every one I’ve played in. Much better than throwing away money in the big GPP’s every night.

My typical night on FD is a $5 3-man contest, one entry in the $3 Squeeze and a $2 entry into a satellite. Anything above that is typically more than I’m confident risking.

• osuryanf

@wcuball29 said...

Well most of that terrible came on the road

I guess.. but he still couldn’t even get a single hit in the ridiculously high scoring 9-8 game at home last night. He’s a complete fade for me.

• dolemiles

On DK, looking at Salazar, Musgrove, Gray and Garcia for pitching. Been using all under $10K pitchers recently with mostly good results. Hope it continues. Diamondbacks, Tigers and Nats look like good stacks tonight.

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

Salazar at 7.7k on DK is about to be in the 30+% ownership range.

• osuryanf

@peachfuzz said...

Salazar at 7.7k on DK is about to be in the 30+% ownership range.

Maybe, but coming off of injury I figure a lot of people will be scared of him.. His last performance was terrible, but luckily has a good matchup against OAK so we shall see.. He’ll be a guy that’ll either put up 30, or -5 haha.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

Kiki Hernandez ftw tonight. 10-16 with 3 bombs off Madbum #bvpisreal lol.

Tonight will be 7th day in a row playing baseball, which I hadn’t done since May. Played about 20 days total since May. Gonna keep playing while on this baseball heater. I was on vacation last week so I dumped some money into FD to get ready for football and since it was just sitting there, I had the itch to play some FD MLB. A week later playing about $15 a day on average, I’m up a little over $100 in 6 days so I’m gonna keep playing until I see results change in my lus. Targeting the overlay in spots helped again last night. Off work today so I’ll thinking an above average amount of entries.

• IronMonkey415

Mookie against Archer is pretty good as well.

• Razzle11

@ASitar said...

LOTS of good bats and stacks today. 340 will be the top score on FD. Red Sox could be a sneaky lower-owned stack. Tigers, Blue Jays, Rockies, Astros, Cubs, Cardinals will be the ones to look at.

340 huh……that’s one impressive score

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

@osuryanf said...

Maybe, but coming off of injury I figure a lot of people will be scared of him.. His last performance was terrible, but luckily has a good matchup against OAK so we shall see.. He’ll be a guy that’ll either put up 30, or -5 haha.

Yeah, that’s exactly it. He’ll be boom or bust, but he’s the only guy in that price range who could legit throw a complete game with 10Ks.

• ASitar

Fine, 338.2. I put 6-8 LUs in the 45,000 person FD MLB Squeeze. Usually 285-300 wins it. I just feel that their are a lot of big bats that will go off tonight and someone with those bats will have a 65 point pitcher in their SlU as well.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@peachfuzz said...

Yeah, that’s exactly it. He’ll be boom or bust, but he’s the only guy in that price range who could legit throw a complete game with 10Ks.

definitely high risk, high reward. He isnt that cheap on FD at 9,600 but feel like I need to throw him in a lu. At that price on FD, he could low owned, too. Though not much in his range. No one will play Archer.

• osuryanf

I really want to start discussing cash game MLB strategy/info with a solid MLB Cash player, in return I can discuss PGA (above average in that) and NBA when it starts (by far my most profitable sport) with them..

Any takers? Someone who routinely plays MLB cash, please.

• snascimento

@KillaChap said...

SHHHHHH!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).