1:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 150 ) at Washington ( -163 ) —- T: 7
    1:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 148 ) at NY Mets ( -161 ) —- T: 6.5
    1:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 103 ) at Detroit ( -111 ) —- T: 9
    3:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 146 ) at Colorado ( -158 ) —- T: 10
    7:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( -156 ) at Miami ( 144 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 171 ) at Tampa Bay ( -186 ) —- T: 7
    8:05 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 200 ) at Chi Cubs ( -219 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( -164 ) at Minnesota ( 151 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Just started research for the early slate on FD. Going to be very interesting.

5 of the 8 pitchers are priced over 9k. I can see a lot of people just stacking CWS/DET, taking a one off from BOS (vs Plutko) and then taking a high priced pitcher.

Right now I think my favorite ace is Nola. So many bats are priced down to the point where “it makes sense” to pay up at pitcher today. It kind of makes me want to take a hard look at Boyd.

My quick takes on all the pitchers.

Scherzer is the top arm, but Philly has some guys that profile well vs him.

Degrom is in a good spot vs SFG. Should be the chalk, but I kind of like McCutchen as a one-off.

Nola. I’m only worried about Harper.

Price. Good pitcher, not the best match up. Better spots to choose.

Bumgarner. Mets are kind of hot. I think he’s a bit overpriced. No interest.

Boyd. I like him. Profiles well against a high strikeout team that doesn’t carry a lot of power. Should be low owned.

Shields. No thanks.

Plutko. No thanks.

• MrPerfekt7

@superjon said...

Just started research for the early slate on FD. Going to be very interesting.

5 of the 8 pitchers are priced over 9k. I can see a lot of people just stacking CWS/DET, taking a one off from BOS (vs Plutko) and then taking a high priced pitcher.

Right now I think my favorite ace is Nola. So many bats are priced down to the point where “it makes sense” to pay up at pitcher today. It kind of makes me want to take a hard look at Boyd.

My quick takes on all the pitchers.

Scherzer is the top arm, but Philly has some guys that profile well vs him.

Degrom is in a good spot vs SFG. Should be the chalk, but I kind of like McCutchen as a one-off.

Nola. I’m only worried about Harper.

Price. Good pitcher, not the best match up. Better spots to choose.

Bumgarner. Mets are kind of hot. I think he’s a bit overpriced. No interest.

Boyd. I like him. Profiles well against a high strikeout team that doesn’t carry a lot of power. Should be low owned.

Shields. No thanks.

Plutko. No thanks.

Will have shares of Nola and Degrom paired with some Boyd. May try n squeeze a Nola/Degrom on DK but looking like that will be tight.

• jsteele1020

What do you guys think of Newcomb?

• TheRyanFlaherty

This is the first time I’ve noticed a .50 mini-max in a while. Wondering if that’s actually or the case, or if I just haven’t noticed since it’s not something I necessarily look for?
    With the new rewards tiers it makes sense to take advantage of it at that price as I haven’t done that achievement yet, I’d have liked it to be more than a 4 game slate, but if it’s not being offered regularly (like I said I’ve seemed to see it always at a $1 now) than beggers can’t be choosers.

• prime21

How about Glasnow vs Royals?

• ASitar

I’m going Nola/DeGroom with a few White Sox hitters (especially Davidson). E5 and Melky vs Price and a couple of punts (Difo, Reyes, Engel). I think both Boyd and Shields are too risky to expect more than 12 DK points. What will hurt my LU is if both my pitchers put up less than 30 DK points each.

• superjon

I see Detroit winning 3-2 with Shields giving up a solo shot.

No interest in any bats from that game.

• tjventre

@jsteele1020 said...

What do you guys think of Newcomb?

Might stay away…not much strikeout upside today.

• Ndepompei

Playing scherzer/deGrom with White Sox and Tigers bats

• BUFUu2

@superjon said...

I see Detroit winning 3-2 with Shields giving up a solo shot.

No interest in any bats from that game.

I took shields and boyd from that game when heavy clev boston game bats with some from wash but mostly like degrom paird with scherzer….

• ASitar

Guyer is my punt of the afternoon. Should be low owned given his recent “success”, but he has history vs Price (and batting 6th). 4 for 14 with a double, triple, HR. I’m using Rondon as well, so I guess I have two legit punts.

• mr_papageorgio

@ASitar said...

Guyer is my punt of the afternoon. Should be low owned given his recent “success”, but he has history vs Price (and batting 6th). 4 for 14 with a double, triple, HR. I’m using Rondon as well, so I guess I have two legit punts.

Guyer is the lock of all locks today because he did nothing for me last night and I’m not playing him today. Fire away!

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

I’m thinking on DK the play is DeGrom and Price. It’s too obvious and extremely easy to just go DeGrom/Scherzer and stack the Tigers game. I’ll do that in some line ups, because I don’t think it’s a bad way to go, but I worry that ultimately the upside in it isn’t there other than from the pitchers. Price has way more upside than Shields or Boyd. He could easily match Nola for 2K less, and MadBum has been struggling with RHB’s and road games this year and today he’s got both. With DeGrom/Price you can take a couple value bats from the Tigers/Sox and still get in a nice Red Sox stack.

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

I’m thinking on DK the play is DeGrom and Price. It’s too obvious and extremely easy to just go DeGrom/Scherzer and stack the Tigers game. I’ll do that in some line ups, because I don’t think it’s a bad way to go, but I worry that ultimately the upside in it isn’t there other than from the pitchers. Price has way more upside than Shields or Boyd. He could easily match Nola for 2K less, and MadBum has been struggling with RHB’s and road games this year and today he’s got both. With DeGrom/Price you can take a couple value bats from the Tigers/Sox and still get in a nice Red Sox stack.

I’m going Max/Boyd with a mix of Sox, Nats, and Mets with Lindor as a 1 off. I just don’t see anyone in the Sox LU who scares me. I really hope Bum gets some ownership because I think he’s a massive trap;

• feekdogg

@tjventre said...

Might stay away…not much strikeout upside today.

Stevie made a really good point on the Morning Grind. These teams haven’t played since Urena cowardly plunked Acuna. Does Atlanta retaliate and plunk a Marlin?

• Pandamonious

@mr_papageorgio said...

I’m going Max/Boyd with a mix of Sox, Nats, and Mets with Lindor as a 1 off. I just don’t see anyone in the Sox LU who scares me. I really hope Bum gets some ownership because I think he’s a massive trap;

Not at all worried about Anderson, Garcia, or Davidson against a lefty with the wind blowing out to left?

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

Not at all worried about Anderson, Garcia, or Davidson against a lefty with the wind blowing out to left?

I loved Garcia earlier this season when he first came back and DK refused to raise his price but he’s playing through injury now so I’m less worried than I normally would be. I could see one of those guys getting one out but like someone said earlier this feels like a 3-2 or 4-3 kind of game. I could definitely be wrong but that’s my take and I’m sticking to it.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Going degrom abd Bumgarner with 8 sox.

• jtkucheck

I see no one is stacking Indians, but no one is using Price?

• duxaosm

Scherz will be chalk, since hes pretty cheap, going degrom for lower ownership, pairing with boyd, white sox cant string together hits consistently and theyve been in tank mode for a while. Going cheap at catcher, stacking some lower owned red sox, and then one offs from each offense.

I violated rule 1 last night and that was tinkering last minute, ended up taking out my first choice core plays baez and harper and it legit cost me 50k. Still reeling….

• Pandamonious

@jtkucheck said...

I’m going mostly DeGrom/Price, but as you know, last night I liked the Pirates.

• ASitar

My Indians are E5, Melky, Guyer. All 3 have favorable history vs Price too.

• jjpk

@jtkucheck said...

I have Price in one. His recent form is good. Pairing him with DeGrom. WSOX/DET bats there with Harper and Alfaro as my HRs of the day.

Other LU is Nola/Boyd. Lets me run out a nice BoSOX stack with some value from the NYM.

No Max for me against a Phillies team that can K a lot, but I had to trim spending somewhere.

• Pandamonious

@duxaosm said...

Scherz will be chalk, since hes pretty cheap, going degrom for lower ownership, pairing with boyd, white sox cant string together hits consistently and theyve been in tank mode for a while. Going cheap at catcher, stacking some lower owned red sox, and then one offs from each offense.

I violated rule 1 last night and that was tinkering last minute, ended up taking out my first choice core plays baez and harper and it legit cost me 50k. Still reeling….

CWS have been a top 10 offense over the last 2 weeks, top 5 over the past week. They’re not playing for anything, but they’re hitting. They’ve scored the 5th most runs in the league over the past 7 days.

• jtkucheck

@Pandamonious said...

I’m going mostly DeGrom/Price, but as you know, last night I liked the Pirates.

Haha I don’t judge anyone on a particular night’s outcome… we are all very wrong and very right at times if we play enough.

Just thought it was odd that nobody had a strong take on either side of the matchup.

I have 5 Indians and Scherzer/Bum, so I guess we will know soon how wrong I am capable of being.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).