8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 186 ) at Minnesota ( -203 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 130 ) at Milwaukee ( -141 ) —- T: 10
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 260 ) at Houston ( -287 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( -148 ) at Chi Sox ( 137 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Colorado ( 193 ) at St. Louis ( -211 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Boston ( -103 ) at San Diego ( -105 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Toronto ( -114 ) at Seattle ( 105 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 136 ) at LA Dodgers ( -148 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BigPod

Does anyone know if it’s Boyd or VerHagen pitching for Detroit? I’m seeing conflicting lineups.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@BigPod said...

Does anyone know if it’s Boyd or VerHagen pitching for Detroit? I’m seeing conflicting lineups.

It will be VerHagan.

• BigPod

@Pandamonious said...

It will be VerHagan.

Thank you sir!

• Pandamonious

Anyone else looking at this slate and kind of confused on what to do?

There’s maybe 2 to 4 obvious spots for offense (Twins, Rays, maybe Phillies or Brewers?). Lots of very good to good pitchers you wouldn’t normally stack against. Lots of average pitchers against average offenses where you can basically go either way, but the most sensible thing to do would be to avoid it. A couple questionable spots, mostly looking at Lambert (I don’t think he’s as bad as the numbers say when he gets away from Coors) and Sheffield (highly regarded prospect who could go either way backed by a bad pen).

• monarch

I have interest in Sheffield. Lambert cant strike anyone out so I’d probably have more interest stacking against him

• monarch

Also the parks and weather are not great tonight for offensive production so I’m speculating if you can find the right stack you are in great shape.

• emnj69

@Pandamonious said...

u just described every night in baseball for me lol -football I always have a clear sense of direction-baseball more then any other sport I feel you need a lot of entries to get anything right-it literally comes down to stacking almost every teams bats and pairing with a few pitchers that you are comfortable with-each night there is a stack that goes off on the bats-football most times u know your studs are going to perform as expected(with a rare dud) but baseball-many nights I have run out a team with bellinger trout yellich and say betts only to have them all underperform-even the best hitter is only getting hits one out of every three times at the plate.

• superjon

@BigPod said...

I like the Twins either way

Also I think my spend up will be Devers

• Pandamonious

Houston is an obvious spot too that I forgot to mention.

I guess maybe it’s just one of those slates. Stack only a couple different offenses, rotate one-offs and use a ton of different pitchers if MME. You know though that it won’t be one of the obvious spots that ultimately gets it done. Pirates will probably hit 5 HR’s and score 15 runs.

• athairuammit11

I like the SEA stack tonight, might be a little game loggy

• BigPod

I’m kind of liking the Blue Jays, but then again I Loved the Rangers last night and that didn’t work out so well lol. The Jays allow you to pay up for pitching and seem to be in a good value spot and ninth inning bats.

• sports667

There are a couple of very sneaky teams to stack tonight that will super low owned. I’m calling my shot, I am going to take down the 88 buy-in on FD.

• telestraightshooter

Strong wind blowing in @ Wrigley, low total of 8, but I’ll pass since –

• NOT a getaway day were strike zones can literally (its documented in the charts) expand up to 15%
    • Ump has K rate of 0.93/ BA rate of 1.02
    • ‘nat offense is currently rated near irresistible force.

if anything I’ll play a couple token contrarian LU’s leaning on offense

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Do we think or have we heard if J.D. will play tonight in NL ballpark, he’s not as bad as Nelson Cruz but he’s a liability in the field

• monarch

@telestraightshooter said...

Strong wind blowing in @ Wrigley, low total of 8, but I’ll pass since –

• NOT a getaway day were strike zones can literally (its documented in the charts) expand up to 15%
    • Ump has K rate of 0.93/ BA rate of 1.02
    • ‘nat offense is currently rated near irresistible force.

if anything I’ll play a couple token contrarian LU’s leaning on offense

Ya. I think the GPP play is six bats despite the wind. Cpt Heyward and you can get just about everyone which is rare for showdown.

I’ve seen enough of Lester to know Anthony Rendon can hit a HR off of him wind or no wind

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Never…I always know exactly what to do……until they actually start playing baseball 😁

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Houston is an obvious spot too that I forgot to mention.

I guess maybe it’s just one of those slates. Stack only a couple different offenses, rotate one-offs and use a ton of different pitchers if MME. You know though that it won’t be one of the obvious spots that ultimately gets it done. Pirates will probably hit 5 HR’s and score 15 runs.

I’m not an MME guy, yet I rarely think that’s a good approach for MME MLB DFS. 2 nights ago, Houston and Boston seemed like the prime hitting spots and they put up 1 and 2 runs respectively. Imo…If you can’t narrow down pitching…don’t MME.

I’m not saying it won’t ever work. If someone is really feeling an offense is can’t miss, then they should go for it. Yet I don’t want to even try to count how many times can’t miss offenses missed completely. Yet can’t miss pitchers (even cheap ones) miss much less frequently.

I think it’s OK to go heavy on offenses you like if you’ve got pitching narrowed down, I just wouldn’t have more than like 15 to 20% exposure to an offense if I was MME.

• ASitar

No one likes an Indians stack? Ooouuwwweee, Santana/Ramirez/London look rreeeaally good

• Pandamonious

@Njsum1 said...

I’m not an MME guy, yet I rarely think that’s a good approach for MME MLB DFS. 2 nights ago, Houston and Boston seemed like the prime hitting spots and they put up 1 and 2 runs respectively. Imo…If you can’t narrow down pitching…don’t MME.

I’m not saying it won’t ever work. If someone is really feeling an offense is can’t miss, then they should go for it. Yet I don’t want to even try to count how many times can’t miss offenses missed completely. Yet can’t miss pitchers (even cheap ones) miss much less frequently.

I think it’s OK to go heavy on offenses you like if you’ve got pitching narrowed down, I just wouldn’t have more than like 15 to 20% exposure to an offense if I was MME.

Don’t disagree with this at all. Generally spreading out in MLB is the way to go. This was just my early initial thought that with nothing much standing out tonight offensively while there is several solid pitching options this might be a rare night to deviate from a more traditional approach. As the day rolls on and I start turning over rocks I’m seeing more that I like. My OP was more of a general early, maybe irresponsible, thought to maybe get he ball rolling in here.

• Pandamonious

@ASitar said...

No one likes an Indians stack? Ooouuwwweee, Santana/Ramirez/London look rreeeaally good

I’m OK with it. Don’t know if I like it. Junis has struggled against them much more than not. Cleveland offensively has just been so disappointing overall this season and they’ve been even worse at home. I think ultimately I’ll find better spots.

• telestraightshooter

@monarch said...

I’ve seen enough of Lester to know Anthony Rendon can hit a HR off of him wind or no wind

yes, but @ reduced greatly odds
    HR props are 2x normal line, lowest +410

On second thought, I ‘ll have a max pitching LU & a base hitter heavy LU

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

My OP was more of a general early, maybe irresponsible, thought to maybe get he ball rolling in here.

Never irresponsible to share thoughts. Here’s irresponsible….I may play Peter Peter Lambert Eater in a lineup or 2. He’s not very good, yet I went through his game logs and he always seems to get destroyed at home or by a top 3 offense. He’s actually cobbled together a few decent performances on the road against middle of the road offenses. 🤷‍♂️ Tonight he’s on the road against a decent, yet not great offense, that likes to K, in a good ballpark, with a choice ump.

Full disclaimer….STL stacks are also a very good idea 👍

Edit…just saw you mentioned Lambert earlier…Ok now I feel less crazy…haha

• zeeshan2

Berrios or Degrom tonight?

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

Pirates will probably hit 5 HR’s and score 15 runs.

Most of their good hitters are lefties so against Desclafani it wouldn’t be the strangest thing that’s happened this year.

• mr_papageorgio

@Njsum1 said...

Never irresponsible to share thoughts. Here’s irresponsible….I may play Peter Peter Lambert Eater in a lineup or 2. He’s not very good, yet I went through his game logs and he always seems to get destroyed at home or by a top 3 offense. He’s actually cobbled together a few decent performances on the road against middle of the road offenses. 🤷‍♂️ Tonight he’s on the road against a decent, yet not great offense, that likes to K, in a good ballpark, with a choice ump.

Full disclaimer….STL stacks are also a very good idea 👍

Edit…just saw you mentioned Lambert earlier…Ok now I feel less crazy…haha

I don’t think Lambert is the worst idea if you want to pair him with a stud an/or get some big bats. No Carpenter either so he’s setup about as well as possible to succeed tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).