1:35 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -166 ) at Pittsburgh ( 152 ) —- T: 9
    2:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -114 ) at St. Louis ( 105 ) —- T: 9
    2:20 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 156 ) at Chi Cubs ( -170 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Texas ( -127 ) at Seattle ( 117 ) —- T: 9
    4:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 116 ) at Oakland ( -125 ) —- T: 9
    4:10 PM EST : Arizona ( -125 ) at SF Giants ( 115 ) —- T: 9.5
    4:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 198 ) at LA Dodgers ( -219 ) —- T: 9
    7:08 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 115 ) at Atlanta ( -125 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

Just opened a contest on DK for the main slate and looking at the pitching options. Holy Guacamole! Yu Darvish is good, but he’s 11,000 and the wind is blowing out at Wrigley. And it gets worse from there.

I wouldn’t mind an opener like Matt Wisler, but for some reason DK decided he should be 7,000 instead of 4,000.
    ~

• thedkexperience

@ifthethunder said...

Just opened a contest on DK for the main slate and looking at the pitching options. Holy Guacamole! Yu Darvish is good, but he’s 11,000 and the wind is blowing out at Wrigley. And it gets worse from there.

I wouldn’t mind an opener like Matt Wisler, but for some reason DK decided he should be 7,000 instead of 4,000.
    ~

Yeah, the pitching is bad. I don’t even want to use Yu but I think there are maybe 5 guys on this slate who are even plausible usable. I have to imagine Yu is above 70% if not approaching 80%.

If he gets 30 points at 80% then you’ll probably need him but if he gets 15 points then the whole day becomes a complete dart throw.

• Femdimes

how’s the rain looking in Baltimore?

• kcroyalty29

In cash games, it has to be Carrasco over Darvish for SP1 on DK, right?

And Burnes SP2?

• harryfox23

@thedkexperience said...

Yeah, the pitching is bad. I don’t even want to use Yu but I think there are maybe 5 guys on this slate who are even plausible usable. I have to imagine Yu is above 70% if not approaching 80%.

I’d think recency bias will play a little bit into keeping his ownership down as the Sox have hit 854* home runs the past 2 days in Wrigley.

*all figures are approximate

• JIB7

LeBlanc gone with injury in the first inning.

• JIB7

Thornton was just an opener? Oops…stacked the Rays lefties.

• ifthethunder

@kcroyalty29 said...

In cash games, it has to be Carrasco over Darvish for SP1 on DK, right?

And Burnes SP2?

I went with one l.u. Carrasco, one with Darvish. I have to be 50% right, right?

Announcer voice: Actually it’s possible that both get blown up and neither gets a win.
    ~

• jayzee666

@ifthethunder said...

I went with one l.u. Carrasco, one with Darvish. I have to be 50% right, right?
    ~

You have a better chance with Carrasco as I have about 90% Darvish, and I am bad for DFS.
    I have been ruining good pitchers this year at an alarming rate and making lousy pitchers look like Gods!!

• thedkexperience

Darvish is just 28% afterall. Yet again I show how little I understand about ownership percentages.

• yisman

Carrasco, you ****

why you gotta do this

• jayzee666

I really need to stick with dime and quarter games. The more $$ I play, the stronger my powers get!!

• thedkexperience

@jayzee666 said...

I really need to stick with dime and quarter games. The more $$ I play, the stronger my powers get!!

Plot twist … $25 single entry tournaments are easier than any multi entry tournament, even the quarter arcade.

• jayzee666

@thedkexperience said...

Plot twist … $25 single entry tournaments are easier than any multi entry tournament, even the quarter arcade.

Has nothing to do with the easieness of the contest.
    You still need your picks perform and the more I put in, the worse my picks do. It is just how my powers work. When/If I do cash, usually in the quarter games. Double and triple ups are where I shine. I tend to have more last place sweats in those..

Right now, that Burnes dude is experiencing the REAPER up close and personal. Actually doesn’t matter as I have pretty much shut down the bats I picked.

This is what I do and I do it very well!!!

• thedkexperience

16th in The Skipper on DK

• yisman

damn, I used Tomlin in showdown and played $250 worth

pulled after 3 innings!

• yisman

Touki came in and poured gasoline all over the field

first 4 have reached against him

• yisman

I give up

I lose Tomlin after 3 and then my guy gets PH for in the 5th

these managers are out to get me… https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/90301298?uc=2169299531

• thedkexperience

@yisman said...

I give up

I lose Tomlin after 3 and then my guy gets PH for in the 5th

these managers are out to get me… https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/90301298?uc=2169299531

This is one of the reasons why I keep spamming the most expensive pitchers on the slate. Anyone these days who isn’t a 6-8 years into their MLB career as a legit 20-30 million dollar ace is just getting pulled in 4 innings.

• yisman

Somehow I cashed even with losing two players early

In most showdown contests, playing both pitchers seem to make sense

Only times I don’t do it: Coors Field and Wrigley with the wind blowing out

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).