8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( -130 ) at Minnesota ( 120 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 117 ) at Milwaukee ( -127 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Cleveland ( -208 ) at Kansas City ( 190 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : St. Louis ( -116 ) at Colorado ( 107 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : Seattle ( 149 ) at Arizona ( -162 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:07 PM EST : Houston ( -146 ) at LA Angels ( 135 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 216 ) at LA Dodgers ( -237 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:15 PM EST : Texas ( 140 ) at SF Giants ( -152 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Hmm…Forgot about Beeks. He’s been insanely good and will be way less owned than Cobb. I had Beeks exposure last time out and he was like 0.3% owned. The Red Sox don’t scare me much in Tropicana. Since he’ll be pitching 3-7, maybe 8th he’s more likely to get the win if things swing that way than Cobb, who has to have the O’s bullpen preserve whatever good he may do.

• jsteele1020

Great stuff, thanks for sharing guys!

• Pandamonious

@DailyDonater said...

Dozier or Villar?

I’d go Dozier. With the said, Villar’s upside is in stealing bases and I have no idea off-hand what CC or I’m assuming Romine’s abilities are in holding/throwing out runners. I do know it’s technically harder to steal on lefties and attempted a lot less since lefties have a clear view of first base from the mound.

• tjventre

@Pandamonious said...

I’d go Dozier. With the said, Villar’s upside is in stealing bases and I have no idea off-hand what CC or I’m assuming Romine’s abilities are in holding/throwing out runners. I do know it’s technically harder to steal on lefties and attempted a lot less since lefties have a clear view of first base from the mound.

Buck doesn’t like to run much anyway — Orioles are 26th in steals per game this year and were dead last in 2017. And if (when) they fall behind, the upside’s gone anyway.

• Sizmik

Dozier in a good spot tonight, better numbers but obviously doesn’t have the SB upside

• superjon

@Pandamonious said...

Throw Vargas in too. He might be more risky than Cobb, but arguably a little bit more upside. He has a great ballpark. An opponent that can disappear. A .346 BABIP when the teams BABIP allowed is .299. A 10.5% SS rate, yet only a 17.3% SO rate against a projected lineup that has a 24.2 SO% against lefties.

Vargas at home: 4.31 xFIP, 23.7 SO%, 26.6 HC%..He has a .393 BABIP at home. That’s insanely high and not sustainable.
    Vargas on road: 5.34 xFIP, 14.0 SO%, 40.7% HC..with a more realistic .323 BABIP

I could see Vargas piecing together a decent game here.

Those aren’t good numbers.

• sfox35757

@superjon said...

All 3 good options. My advice. Wait till the live show tonight and go with the guy they aren’t on as much.

Exactly since the guy they say they aren’t on, is really the one they like.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

12 run total and 4 total base runners.

• Pandamonious

@superjon said...

Those aren’t good numbers.

DK is different than FD. I should have specified as an SP2 on DK and that’s my fault. Either way, that’s not the point at all. His numbers at home have been middle of the road. Those home numbers are as good or better than a lot of pitchers on this slate. He’s 4.8K. You have to take what you think he can do and factor in price and what you can get for it. I see a guy who can get 15 DK points. Maybe a few more. For a pitcher at that price that’s pretty good.

• DailyDonater

Must play Acuna…. Must save salary… CONFLICTING THOUGHTS

• yisman

Another day of this.

Loaded up on bats for yahoo all day and DK showdown

Pitchers’ duel again. smh

• homers1226

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/_/id/34187/greg-allen

• DailyDonater

Has cheap pitchers elite batters formula ever worked for anybody in tournaments?

• Brian7479

@Pandamonious said...

For cash, I lock in my two pitchers first and build out from there. I usually then put in my cheaper plays that I’ve locked into. I don’t know if you even play cash and I’m not done researching this slate, so this is just an example and not a recommendation.

So for tonight, I might lock in Folty first, then Godley. Now I know what I have to work with bats wise, which tonight would leave you about 3.8K per bat. I’ll then plug in the guys who are sub 3.8K who I think are great values with some upside. For example, Forsythe is projected to lead off at 3.4k against a lefty. Gordon has been hitting the ball really well lately, Clevinger’s biggest struggles this year have been the road and lefties, and Alex Gordon should be batting 2nd and is only 3.1K, so I might plug him in. I pretty much always punt catcher in cash. McCann is only 2.7K, has been hitting the ball hard, fantastic BVP against Lopez, and might be batting a spot or 2 higher than most catchers, so I would lock him in. Now I’m up to about 4.3K to spend per bat and can start looking at filling in spots with the guys I really like, This is where I would then lock in a couple of my favorite expensive guys that i expect to have huge games and are consistent that will my anchor bats. The guys that, if any of my cheap guys put up a goose egg will make up for it. Then depending on what I have left and who I may still really want to fit in I may need to find one more punt or just go balanced.

For GPP it’s a little different. Most days I’m building up to 40 to 50 line ups by hand so my process might be completely different then someone making less than 10. Sometimes I start with a stack I want, a pitcher I want, then fill in. Sometimes I build two stacks I like then see what pitchers I can fit and adjust. So, for example say tonight I want to stack Hoskins, Santana, Cabrera, and Ramos, so I plug them in. That’s a fairly expensive stack. So I already know I need to punt at least one pitcher or find a cheaper stack of some kind to work with them. On a full slate like tonight I usually I end up with around 10 offenses I want exposure to, a handful of one-off guys I like that I may use to make certain pieces fit together and 6-8 pitchers I’m willing to work with to fit it all together. Then it’s just a matter of trying to not leave anything out, but even with that many line ups there’s going to be combinations you would like to make that you won’t be able to. Especially since your absolute favorite offenses you’re going to want heavier exposure to.

Where are you seeing Clevingers struggles being on the road? Other than walks he’s been worse at home in like every category. You’re information is misleading man

• Pandamonious

@DailyDonater said...

Has cheap pitchers elite batters formula ever worked for anybody in tournaments?

I think anything can work on any given slate. You’re most likely limiting the upside of your line up, but if everything falls into place it could work out well. If the pitchers don’t completely tank and enough of your hitters come through you can definitely cash. Getting near the top isn’t as likely.

• EhhTimmay

Pretty sure I have way too much Fulmer in my lineups.

Hope he comes back in good shape.

• Brian7479

Fanduel 2K punt of the day………………… Mikie Mahtook

• DailyDonater

@Pandamonious said...

I think anything can work on any given slate. You’re most likely limiting the upside of your line up, but if everything falls into place it could work out well. If the pitchers don’t completely tank and enough of your hitters come through you can definitely cash. Getting near the top isn’t as likely.

I really appreciate that. Opened my eyes up. Thanks!

• damionismyname

@EhhTimmay said...

Pretty sure I have way too much Fulmer in my lineups.

Hope he comes back in good shape.

He’s on a pitch count.

• Pandamonious

@Brian7479 said...

Where are you seeing Clevingers struggles being on the road? Other than walks he’s been worse at home in like every category. You’re information is misleading man

I wrote that up fairly quick, and was more than anything using it as an example of how to build a line up and specifically said this wasn’t a recommendation on players to use so I don’t know what the beef is. To specify though his xFIP is 1 run higher on the road than at home. Partially because he walks people twice as much on the road, his LOB% is 10% better on the road and he has .264 BABIP on the road, but .336 at home. I guess my argument more so is, he’s due for regression on the road than he’s been bad on the road. There’s nothing I see at least in his profile to suggest a reason for why he’s been better on the road, if anything, like I said he’s due for regression on the road.

• DailyDonater

I’m throwing $500 in tournaments tonight so I might as well ask. I’ve been observing winning lineups for the past 4 days and the top winners always have a stacks. normally it’s 4 to 5 of one team, then the rest of another. I have never seen a winning lineup with just expensive players from a variety of teams. Why is that? I have a lineup that is not stacked at all, rather batters who have mashed the ball lately, and my outfield consists of Davis, Peralta, and Acuna. I have a ominous feeling it will not cash because it’s not stacked from the same team.

• ASitar

Peralta AND Acuna?? Hhhmmm.

60 DK points?

• Sizmik

@DailyDonater said...

I’m throwing $500 in tournaments tonight so I might as well ask. I’ve been observing winning lineups for the past 4 days and the top winners always have a stacks. normally it’s 4 to 5 of one team, then the rest of another. I have never seen a winning lineup with just expensive players from a variety of teams. Why is that? I have a lineup that is not stacked at all, rather batters who have mashed the ball lately, and my outfield consists of Davis, Peralta, and Acuna. I have a ominous feeling it will not cash because it’s not stacked from the same team.

Multi Lineups….problem with a stack is that if your team doesnt do what they are supposed to you are screwed. Its meant for multi lineup because you can stack a bunch of different teams a bunch of different ways and if you hit, you will be near the top. Im a single lineup player for the most part, I play cash and single entry and i dont necessarily look for stacks. If it happens that the best value and upside is 2-3 players on a team than so be it but thats almost never the case and if it is, they are really expensive and you have to go cheap on pitching. This is a tough slate, not much value in pitchers and limited sleepers. Thats just my take on it…

• Sizmik

@ASitar said...

Peralta AND Acuna?? Hhhmmm.

60 DK points?

ill save you 1100, go with Albies tonight and another 1200 and go with Castellanos

Thank me tomorrow

Disclaimer:
    If this is wrong i will deny ever saying it and brand you a lie!!!!

• ASitar

@Sizmik said...

ill save you 1100, go with Albies tonight and another 1200 and go with Castellanos

Thank me tomorrow

Disclaimer:
    If this is wrong i will deny ever saying it and brand you a lie!!!!

I have Castellanos too. Devon Travis for $330?!! That’s a good stack

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).