7:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 161 ) at Cleveland ( -176 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : Oakland ( -163 ) at Texas ( 149 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 106 ) at Milwaukee ( -114 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 213 ) at Chi Sox ( -237 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Kansas City ( 176 ) at St. Louis ( -193 ) —- T: 9.5
    9:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 163 ) at San Diego ( -178 ) —- T: 8
    9:40 PM EST : Colorado ( -112 ) at Arizona ( 103 ) —- T: 9
    9:45 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -193 ) at SF Giants ( 176 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

Plenty of pitching options on the slate, imo. Shane Bieber is expensive, but you can’t argue with his results. I also like Lucas Giolito.
    ~

• frugal

Going to continue to roll out Sam Haggerty

• mattspot10

@ifthethunder said...

Plenty of pitching options on the slate, imo. Shane Bieber is expensive, but you can’t argue with his results. I also like Lucas Giolito.
    ~

Agree with this. Tough to fit both in on DK but I think Giolito makes a pretty good SP1.

• ifthethunder

@frugal said...

Going to continue to roll out Sam Haggerty

The price is right. And the results are outta-sight!
    ~

• frugal

Looking at a couple value plays. Anyone have faith in Polanco? Absolutely on fire the last 2 games and has gone 2 for 3 vs Gio. Piscotty has 2 hits in 3 of the last 4 and gets a solid matchup tonight.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Did a blog for today’s slate, if y’all want to check it out.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/panda-s-bears-and-bulls-mlb-8-25-slate-breakdown-3419220

• hcassidy

I keep going back and forth between Giolito and Castillo. Want to go Castillo, Brew-Crew batting .198 against RHP with a 27% out rate against change up(his most dominant pitch). But yet the bottom half of the L/U shows tons of value to allow Giolito and a Bieber/Cole and then still have other bats as well.

• ifthethunder

@hcassidy said...

I keep going back and forth between Giolito and Castillo.

I have a lineup with both. And each paired up with Bieber in my other two. I could add Paddack to the mix, but I’m not sure I feel like making Ny more lineups.

If Gerrit Cole is the key to the slate then I’ll just have to take my lumps and try again tomorrow.
    ~

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@ifthethunder said...

I have a lineup with both. And each paired up with Bieber in my other two. I could add Paddack to the mix, but I’m not sure I feel like making Ny more lineups.

If Gerrit Cole is the key to the slate then I’ll just have to take my lumps and try again tomorrow.
    ~

Yeah, the more good pitchers there are on a slate, the easier it to fade some of them and certainly harder to play them all. I don’t think I’ve ever played a slate this season Woodruff or Castillo were on, that I didn’t have shares, but this just doesn’t seem like the slate for it. I don’t blame anyone for playing Castillo at discount over Cole though. The numbers are there for Castillo. He’s just sitting on a .400 BABIP. It wouldn’t surprise me if he outscore Cole. I don’t know. I have to look things back over. Might not be able to fade Castillo after all. That Brewers K-rate is decent too.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Yeah, I’m talking myself into Castillo shares and so nervous about it, I’m missing words when I type.

• hcassidy

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, I’m talking myself into Castillo shares and so nervous about it, I’m missing words when I type.

That is what has me leaning Castillo over Giolito. Though Giolito just had that 13 s/o game(and I could see him doing the same to the Pirates). The numbers say Giolito but, could I have Castillo at a lower ownership!

• rvnfn77

@Pandamonious said...

Did a blog for today’s slate, if y’all want to check it out.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/panda-s-bears-and-bulls-mlb-8-25-slate-breakdown-3419220

Great write up thanks Panda

• hcassidy

@ifthethunder said...

I have a lineup with both.

I only play One L/U per night. So I can’t go every direction my brain is telling me to. I’m off Paddock(good price) but he has been off for my liking. 3 I’m focusing on are Giolito, Castillo and Bieber and a fourth I will name after lock.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@rvnfn77 said...

Great write up thanks Panda

No problem.

With the amount of NBA games winding down, I’m planning on doing them more frequently. It’s hard for me to sit down and concentrate for long enough chunks of time to get anything done though. I have too many outside distractions.

• JIB7

The rain in ATL is making me nervous about a Cole lineup. They starting on time?

• jjwd

Roth has updated that game, and now says yellow/green.

• yisman

FD had some unfilled satellites but I couldn’t get a deposit in in time :(

• Jeddy3

Yanks postponed. Looks like Cole lineups pay the rake tonight.

• yisman

Roth says it’s not raining

They postponed it RIGHT after it locked

I’m stuck with Cole on DK

• jayzee666

I should be banished from all DFS but the powers that be are scared of the REAPER!!!!
    Man I am bad for baseball!!

• JIB7

Braves/Yanks PPD just after lock. Glad I moved off Cole a few minutes ago.

• Roma315

@Jeddy3 said...

Yanks postponed. Looks like Cole lineups pay the rake tonight.

Don’t say that WTF

• Roma315

My damn phone still shows delay too 🤦🏻‍♂️ Can burn up 2 $55 entries and 10 5.55 entries

• JIB7

I got lucky – was checking the radar for the last hour. I wasn’t comfortable with that green hovering around the stadium until 9, maybe even as late as 10. Once I heard the tarp was on the field, I got off the game, worried that if they weren’t starting it in the light rain, they were never going to get going.

Really shitty of these leagues to do things like this when they push DFS/betting so much.

• hcassidy

@Roma315 said...

Don’t say that WTF

They pulled the game, its in a mysterious Rain as Roth showed it not raining. Game PPD.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.