7:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 161 ) at Cleveland ( -176 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : Oakland ( -163 ) at Texas ( 149 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 106 ) at Milwaukee ( -114 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 213 ) at Chi Sox ( -237 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Kansas City ( 176 ) at St. Louis ( -193 ) —- T: 9.5
    9:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 163 ) at San Diego ( -178 ) —- T: 8
    9:40 PM EST : Colorado ( -112 ) at Arizona ( 103 ) —- T: 9
    9:45 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -193 ) at SF Giants ( 176 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• UGAdude

I love my Braves but they are becoming the new Nats with the questionable postponements.

• JIB7

I’ve been in that park more than once when they’ve stopped or delayed play, put the tarp on the field, and no rain ever game.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@yisman said...

Roth says it’s not raining

They postponed it RIGHT after it locked

I’m stuck with Cole on DK

Something very fishy is going in Atlanta… they did the same last week… Delay start and two minutes after lock… postponed.

Have 48% Cole vs 30%ish field in the $18
    Played a single bullet in the Mega Gold Glove and stayed away from Cole for this exact reason so at least I am ahead of 35% of the field there

• noddy

I don’t have Cole, but something has to be done about this shit. There has to be something that can be done for shit happening after lock. Just like Porzinges being ruled out after lock when they said he was starting. This shit cost some people a lot of money and it’s BS.

• Volkster6

I have Cole in all my LUs … what the heck. That was a waste of a slate… good thing I’m only exposed for, well, damn… lots

• blackdirkdiggler

Thanks Kevin! Un freaking believable!

• UGAdude

@noddy said...

I don’t have Cole, but something has to be done about this shit. There has to be something that can be done for shit happening after lock. Just like Porzinges being ruled out after lock when they said he was starting. This shit cost some people a lot of money and it’s BS.

I think if a game gets postponed they should unlock the players and let you switch them out for players whose games haven’t started yet. At least for sites that have late swap.

• hcassidy

The Nats, Orioles and Braves were the worst 3 culprits of doing this last year when they were to face a ‘Top Pitcher’ All they had to do was show Sustained rains incoming and claim the field couldn’t handle the water.

• Volkster6

@UGAdude said...

I think if a game gets postponed they should unlock the players and let you switch them out for players whose games haven’t started yet. At least for sites that have late swap.

I wrote the same thing to DK assist and they told me it’s my responsibility to follow all the weather. It was a Nats game and they’re always bad for weather but still… pop up storms are brutal. Nothing we can do

• yisman

Could’ve done Giolito/Paddack instead of Cole/Paddack

ugh

only bright side is I didn’t use Cole on Yahoo but he was probably very low owned there because he was way more expensive than Glasnow/Giolito

• zioncres

• 2020 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@UGAdude said...

I like this idea.

• ballabal

I was at a game in Cleveland last year. Rain was letting up and they still postponed it until the next day – when I had to fly back to Texas. As for tonight, Cole was in my DK LU’s but not in my FD LU’s. Maybe I can win with my NBS LU’s on DK tonite.

• hcassidy

@UGAdude said...

As long as more than 1 game is going to play in a slate they won’t change it period. It’s written into the ‘Terms of Service’ has been that way for years. I had it happen to me the other night and I ate my money and said nothing.

Edit: Funny thing is went back and looked and it was Nats/Braves game.

• Lathum

66% of my lineups nuked. Awesome.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Now watch Bieber go negative….

• Lathum

@Unico10 said...

Now watch Bieber go negative….

He will because he is in the other 33% of my lineups

• UGAdude

@hcassidy said...

As long as more than 1 game is going to play in a slate they won’t change it period. It’s written into the ‘Terms of Service’ has been that way for years. I had it happen to me the other night and I ate my money and said nothing.

Edit: Funny thing is went back and looked and it was Nats/Braves game.

Yeah I know, it’s screwed me before several times. They don’t have to change it, but I think it would make sense.

• hcassidy

Now I need to figure out Giolito or Castillo. I keep going back and forth and that is my last piece I need.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

3rd time in two weeks they PPD a game within minutes after it locking. 3rd time I get bit hard by it. Love it.

• marker0357

well, didn’t see that coming. I even checked the weather per Roth about a half hour before. I guess it’s buyer beware when it comes to DFS. It’s my own fault for not checking weather directly myself. Screwed on every slate. Even radar only says 15% rain. I wasn’t watching the game nor am in the area. Was the rain ultra-heavy in the 6 o’clock hour with poor drainage?

• yisman

when you have NBA teams late scratching a guy right after lock or with this, I tend to assume something shady is going on

someone in the Braves organization made the call and I assume he’s benefiting financially from it

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@marker0357 said...

well, didn’t see that coming. I even checked the weather per Roth about a half hour before. I guess it’s buyer beware when it comes to DFS. It’s my own fault for not checking weather directly myself. Screwed on every slate. Even radar only says 15% rain. I wasn’t watching the game nor am in the area. Was the rain ultra-heavy in the 6 o’clock hour with poor drainage?

Apparently you can’t play anything with rain hovering around towards 1st pitch. They just cancel it now. Seems to be the trend with the main slate night games. If it’s supposed to start raining mid game, they’ll start and wait 2 hours in a delay, but if 1st pitch hasn’t happened it’s called off.

• yisman

@Pandamonious said...

Apparently you can’t play anything wi

it wasn’t raining when they called it and it’s not expected to rain. It drizzled like an hour before scheduled first pitch and that was it.

http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/weather.pl

• depalma13

There is a simple fix to this. If a game is postponed the game time should be moved to the last lock of the night.

You should never lose because your players never played.

Refund the money or give everyone the opportunity to to swap those players out.

• Volkster6

I can’t see how someone high up in the Braves organization would benefit from a postponement but who knows… maybe he played a Gio Castillo stack, saw Giminos ownership, Roth’s weather report and said “bam here we go”

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.