7:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 136 ) at Chi Sox ( -148 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 146 ) at Miami ( -158 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 161 ) at Houston ( -175 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 142 ) at Boston ( -154 ) —- T: 8
    7:15 PM EST : Oakland ( 188 ) at St. Louis ( -205 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( -142 ) at Texas ( 131 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -110 ) at Arizona ( 102 ) —- T: 9.5
    9:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 150 ) at SF Giants ( -163 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• BrendanBurns615

Gary Sanchez continues to burn me. Should I hop aboard the Gary train or wait for the variance to kick in?

Who do we like for pitching today?

I have my eyes on Taillon for mid-level value and Price for Ace production.

• ASitar

Going chalk with Stroman and Hammel (FD) because I don’t trust the other pitchers/ballparks and you can still fit Gary Sanchez!!! and other good bats. I don’t care that his ownership will be 60%, hrs the only guy on the slate aside from Bryant and Turner that are almost guaranteed 28+ points. Thinking of putting CarGo in a LU because his ownership should be low due to his cold streak and I think he’s due for a big game. FYI, Wertg is 7/19 with 2 HRs vs De La Rosa and WOW Donaldson is 5/17 (2 HRs), Bautista is 9/32 (2 HRs), EE is 6/23 (2 HRs), Upton Jr is 8/27 (1 HR) vs Santana.

Looking at Fulmer and Tallion later. Stacks are San Fran, Cards, Tigers, Reds, Mariners.

GL

• choppadown

Reducing my play today. been taking a beating the last week for some reason. Thought I had some super lineups this week and they didn’t pan out.

Might take Bundy in the early.

• TheRealJosh5

give me all the Alex Reyes on FD.

• IronMonkey415

I guess it’s Stroman, Blackmon and some Yankees for me in the early slate

• ASitar

Choppadown, thanks for the suggestion on Bundy. I had Urias since I needed to fit a pitcher in with my Jays stack, Werth and Cargo, but Bundy has the better chance for the W. I hate to pass on Dahl (I have him in my Hammel LU), but I think Cargo is due and if Cargo (probably 18% ownership) has a big game and Dahl ((probably 32% ownership) has a 1 for 4 type of game it will put me in a good spot.

Stacking the Cards in a few later as well. Famous last words, but how can a Moss/Gyroko/Piscotty/Grichuck LU not be the way to go?

• zline34

I don’t care if Sanchez is 80% he’s seeing the ball good and got that confidence, he gonna kill it again.

• mnstone14

For cash, thoughts on taking the discount with Price over Thor or do you have to pay all the way up?

• xxbigkidxx

This week has been a disaster..my pitching selections have tanked something awful. I have not handicapped well at all. I decided to go with the early slate to maybe build some confidence on DK. I am starting Santana/ Cole. I am jumping on the G. Sanchez train. (He will go 0-5 today)

• DarkLions

I have a Nats Stack with Bundy and a late slate of Baez and Bryant. Don’t sleep on Javier Baez today. Also everyone is on Sanchez bandwagon. I sense a meltdown and going with Ramos at catcher instead. He lights lefties up and is due for a outbreak after a long slump.

• Olhausen

@choppadown said...

Reducing my play today. been taking a beating the last week for some reason. Thought I had some super lineups this week and they didn’t pan out.

This. Last year I was able to put 50-100$ plus a night in play and at worst break even most nights. Now I’m barley putting 10$ a night in play because I’ve had my ass handed to me for the better part of two months. Last week I cashed 5 out of 7 nights but still only came out 30$ on top. I’m not sure what has changed but I’ve definitely not hit on pitching like I did last year. Also the 5 man stack limit has had a big effect on me I feel. Last season I had so many scores over 200 on Dk that I couldn’t keep track off the top of my head. This season I’ve gone over 200 once or maybe twice tops.

• TheRyanFlaherty

@choppadown said...

It’s funny that the past few rough streaks I’ve had, I’ve seen you post something similar, or respond to a post of mine stating something similar….
    Although this week I did get off to a good start, the past few days have been brutal.
    I’ll take this as a positive – that my research and thought process may be off and it’s variance and nights were illogical results have occurred.

Although today I am being stubborn and not playing Sanchez, so we’ll see how that goes….Maybe Buck will cooperate and just have his Pitchers through at him every at-bat.

Also, as a Red Sox fan I feel pretty dirty about my DK team which may feature Stroman/Bundy as pitchers, and if not Bundy it’ll be Green…..Don’t really want to root for any of those three, lol, good thing I’ll be busy this afternoon. Set, forget and hope it goes well.

• TeamTwerk

Tough to fade Babe Sanchez even though there’s no way he can continue to play this well and he’s going to so highly owned

• dgriggs83

Ive been doing a lot of research on building lineups and a lot that I have read has said to do to 4 man stack. Ive been trying it for the past week and havent really had much luck. Just curious on how yall feel about the two 4 man stack or what yall might do differently?

• Stickman731

Liking Urias and stacking COL in early slate. Only 2 LU on early slate. Going to sit back and watch the Sanchez show and enjoy baseball by the pool with a beer.

• ASitar

I wouldn’t exactly say Sanchez will have a meltdown, cmon he’s a major leaguer. He might go 1 for 3 with a walk, but he’s not going to strike out 3 times. Look at EVERY game he’s played. Minus one game he’s been a top three catcher. He’s not a head case that will meltdown because of pressure.

• osuryanf

Took 12th in the $150 3 max last night, woulda have easily won if I picked even remotely decent pitchers.

Hoping to continue the heater tonight!

• xxbigkidxx

Schoop and Alvarez bases loaded strike out swinging…perfect. UGLY yet again. Tough trying to catch a break lately.

• dgballer

@Stickman731 said...

Liking Urias and stacking COL in early slate. Only 2 LU on early slate. Going to sit back and watch the Sanchez show and enjoy baseball by the pool with a beer.

I like the sound of that. CANNONBALL!!!!!

• choppadown

Glad the two pitchers I’m on (Stroman and Bundy) gave up a run each. Get it out of the old system and roll for 8 more innings?

• mabrla

@Olhausen said...

This. Last year I was able to put 50-100$ plus a night in play and at worst break even most nights. Now I’m barley putting 10$ a night in play because I’ve had my ass handed to me for the better part of two months. Last week I cashed 5 out of 7 nights but still only came out 30$ on top. I’m not sure what has changed but I’ve definitely not hit on pitching like I did last year. Also the 5 man stack limit has had a big effect on me I feel. Last season I had so many scores over 200 on Dk that I couldn’t keep track off the top of my head. This season I’ve gone over 200 once or maybe twice tops.

I got out of my month long slump by putting more weight in hot hitters WITH peripherals/exit velocity/etc to back them up.

I feel like the balls are juiced this year and the pitchers are worn down…so I stopped always making the “smart” play and focused more on hard contact vs. contact pitchers and have started to heavily dive into the bullpens trying to project poor potential relief men. I studied the pros lineups and it seems like they made this adjustment post ASB.

You’ll get out of this man….I lost for 28 straight slates and I’m back. Gotta get back on the map for the skilled non-pro’s!!

GL moving forward.

• tristanwolf

@dgriggs83 said...

Ive been doing a lot of research on building lineups and a lot that I have read has said to do to 4 man stack. Ive been trying it for the past week and havent really had much luck. Just curious on how yall feel about the two 4 man stack or what yall might do differently?

some good info here- stacking always debatable but 4 man stacks seem to win more often overall (on FD).

http://www.dfsgold.com/mlb/dfs-tips-strategy

• mabrla

@ASitar said...

I wouldn’t exactly say Sanchez will have a meltdown, cmon he’s a major leaguer. He might go 1 for 3 with a walk, but he’s not going to strike out 3 times. Look at EVERY game he’s played. Minus one game he’s been a top three catcher. He’s not a head case that will meltdown because of pressure.

It’s not him. It’s the 50% GB rate and 50% HR/FB ratio that predicts an inevitable fall back to earth.

It may not happen this year, but he isn’t the greatest player of all time. They all regress.

• KindGuy

I knew it was coming but MLB post all star break has been rough. My bankroll is gasping for air and I need to make adjustments quick.

• PGGG

Hasn’t been updated in two days……

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).