8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -116 ) at Chi Sox ( 107 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 159 ) at Houston ( -172 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:15 PM EST : Oakland ( -175 ) at Kansas City ( 161 ) —- T: 10
    8:40 PM EST : Boston ( -100 ) at Colorado ( -108 ) —- T: 13.5
    9:40 PM EST : Arizona ( 0 ) at San Francisco ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:07 PM EST : Texas ( 135 ) at LA Angels ( -146 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -175 ) at San Diego ( 161 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -185 ) at Seattle ( 170 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Moszman

Stacked Royals last night (Oakland exploded), tonight rolling with Athletics so I guess Kansas City is the play tonight?

• monarch

@Moszman said...

Stacked Royals last night (Oakland exploded), tonight rolling with Athletics so I guess Kansas City is the play tonight?

It’s the As again. DK is conceding that by setting Montgomery at 4k. I’d be looking at Chapman, Phegley, Pinder and Khris Davis. They aren’t even expensive. And Matt Olson of course

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

It’s the As again. DK is conceding that by setting Montgomery at 4k. I’d be looking at Chapman, Phegley, Pinder and Khris Davis. They aren’t even expensive. And Matt Olson of course

Yesterday, I gave the good people of this thread Lauer and Musgrove. The day before Elieaser Hernandez and Wacha. The day before Anderson and Gallen.

Today I will present those crazy enough to listen….Mike Montgomery and Drew Smyly for your SP2

😁

Edit…although Olson will likely homer off Montgomery

• lovpink

Is the total on the lineups page correct for coors 18 i’m seeing 13.5 other places it changed

• RatedDAL

Just what every slate needs, the Red Sox visiting Coors

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@RatedDAL said...

Just what every slate needs, the Red Sox visiting Coors

,against a pitcher making his big league debut, who doesn’t appear to be a prospect of note. Crushed in AA and got crushed in AAA. The PCL is tough so maybe he deserves a pass, but so is Coors.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

,against a pitcher making his big league debut, who doesn’t appear to be a prospect of note. Crushed in AA and got crushed in AAA. The PCL is tough so maybe he deserves a pass, but so is Coors.

His last ten games in the minors is pretty rough, PCL or not…just wish I could figure out Rockies bats, going through their order and not finding much other than the obvious 3. Desmond and Murphy 🤢

• TnCowboy

Yesterday, my gut screamed Oakland so I stacked A’s in 28 of 32 lineups across three sites. Then the dubious “KC the only weather trouble spot tonight” Roth tweet scared me enough to only stack 4 of 32. Ugh.
    Tonight I’m thinking Boston. But I’m certain something will take me off of them before lock.

It’s a Coorsy Night. No Coors – NO Cash.

• telestraightshooter

K.Davis has 4 hits (2HRs) last 9 AB’s – is that sustainable an upward trend?

• casper

@telestraightshooter said...

K.Davis has 4 hits (2HRs) last 9 AB’s – is that sustainable an upward trend?

Montgomery k rate 19% hc rate over 40% his price is just to low right now.

• tonedefrob

@Njsum1 said...

Yesterday, I gave the good people of this thread Lauer and Musgrove. The day before Elieaser Hernandez and Wacha. The day before Anderson and Gallen.

Today I will present those crazy enough to listen….Mike Montgomery and Drew Smyly for your SP2

😁

Edit…although Olson will likely homer off Montgomery

I agree with Montgomery. His BABIP for the year is .348. HR/FB% a staggering 26.5%. That’s not sustainable. Has a good ump in Everitt. I’ll take him over Houser, who gets the Marquez show, at $1K less.

Smyly I’m on the fence about.

• deadphish

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

posted this in LineupHQ thread, but want to post here in hopes of getting advice on other lineup builder options…

“10 lineups max & 2 builds max? what’s next…no lineupHQ for non premium members? it seems there are no perks at all for members who signed up to sites through RG links. are there any other sites that offer a free lineup builder with less/no restrictions?”

• monarch

@tonedefrob said...

I agree with Montgomery. His BABIP for the year is .348. HR/FB% a staggering 26.5%. That’s not sustainable. Has a good ump in Everitt. I’ll take him over Houser, who gets the Marquez show, at $1K less.

Smyly I’m on the fence about.

This is probably not the night his 26.5 HR/FB rate begins to normalize….lol

The A’s and Dbacks are the two teams that just mash LHP. As a team the projected LU tonight has a 40 percent FB rate vs LHP and if Montgomery is anywhere near his 26 percent rate then he won’t be in the game very long then its Ian Kennedy time…then its position players on the mound time.

Someone was on here complaining about starters in when the A’s were up 16-3 and Chapman hit a HR. They aren’t the Astros that pull a Bregman for a Myles Straw. The A’s are nothing but high launch angle FB hitters.

I’m an A’s fan so take it with a grain of salt but they are really good and explosive on the road.

• 1greatbuyz

• x3

2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@monarch said...

The A’s and Dbacks are the two teams that just mash LHP. As a team the projected LU tonight has a 40 percent FB rate vs LHP and if Montgomery is anywhere near his 26 percent rate

Or Flyball vs Flyball could just result in some really really high flyballs.

• telestraightshooter

Lefty Drew Smiley sports a ISO of .500+ vs lefties…..

Is that real?!?

Thats almost 2x whats considered normal for bad starters!

• Tcbaseballfan

And I’m starting Smyly……

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

trying to break down the slate in a logical way since I will be playing just 3 lineups.

Optimal build will probably be with a SP1 and a cheap SP2, but there are some value bats that may make it possible to have a good stack without reaching at SP2… the pricing is interesting to say the least

• monarch

@Unico10 said...

trying to break down the slate in a logical way since I will be playing just 3 lineups.

Optimal build will probably be with a SP1 and a cheap SP2, but there are some value bats that may make it possible to have a good stack without reaching at SP2… the pricing is interesting to say the least

Hilliard for the Rockies is 2700.

Houser will be chalk but I have a Castillo/Heaney A’s five man that I really like. There is a lot of value and heavy ownership going to Coors tonight.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Hilliard for the Rockies is 2700.

Houser will be chalk but I have a Castillo/Heaney A’s five man that I really like. There is a lot of value and heavy ownership going to Coors tonight.

Agreed.
    Rojas is 2k if he makes the lineup vs Samardzja

It’s a big slate and although Coors will carry ownership I will be overweight on BOS/COL rotating SPs and one offs/secondary stack…. may play a bit more after all :) (nvm… the $111 is filled already)

• yisman

David Peralta out for the season and Justin Turner suspended a game.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Relatively new to analyzing the umpire stats, Patrick Corbin has a great K umpire correct? That’s putting him over the Verlander hump for me and opening some salary

• telestraightshooter

@deadphish said...

“10 lineups max & 2 builds max? what’s next…

DFS is a rapidly declining business, especially MLB DFS
    … so rG gotta do stuff to increase membership.

DFS in decline because a 18% rake fee is NOT sustainable

• ASitar

Is Lamb the best value of the slate? He’s got great stats vs the Shark too

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

@yisman said...

David Peralta out for the season and Justin Turner suspended a game.

Turner was ridiculous yesterday with his scenes after looking at strike 3 to end the game… Dave Roberts should have probably been suspended too.

I get it that there were some bad calls during the game and they were frustrated with the ump, but they picked the wrong spot there…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler