5:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 115 ) at Milwaukee ( -125 ) —- T: 9
    6:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 145 ) at Arizona ( -158 ) —- T: 8.5
    6:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 158 ) at St. Louis ( -173 ) —- T: 7
    6:37 PM EST : Boston ( 147 ) at Toronto ( -160 ) —- T: 10.5
    6:37 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 159 ) at Washington ( -174 ) —- T: 9
    6:37 PM EST : Oakland ( -189 ) at Texas ( 172 ) —- T: 9.5
    6:40 PM EST : Baltimore ( 163 ) at Tampa Bay ( -179 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -154 ) at Detroit ( 142 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Ndepompei

Can’t play unless DK sets a precedent and offers refunds for yesterday. Too risky.

• Moszman

Will not refund, just like if a rainout happened, on the main slates anyway.

• marker0357

No games posted on DK or FD for Bball yet. I suspect they won’t play. Hopefully, we still get baseball and hockey. I assume Golf is still on as I haven’t heard anything about it yet. I’m sure FD and DK will make it right when it’s all said and done. Good Luck to all today in whatever you are willing and able to participate in. Personally, I’ll probably play the ponies a bit.

• Ndepompei

@Moszman said...

Will not refund, just like if a rainout happened, on the main slates anyway.

I know I understand that but if there isn’t a refund and games can get cancelled right before they lock with no real warning then it’s too risky for me. I’ll stick to golf for now. Tough spot for the companies to be in I get them not refunding completely.

• superjon

@Ndepompei said...

I know I understand that but if there isn’t a refund and games can get cancelled right before they lock with no real warning then it’s too risky for me. I’ll stick to golf for now. Tough spot for the companies to be in I get them not refunding completely.

The difference is if you played the MLB main slate then you knew the risk after seeing what happened to the NBA hours before.

It was safe to assume to the Brewers wouldn’t play, and therefore it was likely at least a few other teams would do the same.

• RatedDAL

Last night was NOTHING like a rain out. The Gobert Covid test result is a better comparison.

Any rain out potential is a risk you are either willing to take or not. This was not something you could prepare for unless the teams announced their intentions prior to the start of the slate. The back and forth about the Dodgers game only made it worse.

I’m taking a break from DFS after last night. Can’t trust anything at the moment.

• Ndepompei

@superjon said...

The difference is if you played the MLB main slate then you knew the risk after seeing what happened to the NBA hours before.

It was safe to assume to the Brewers wouldn’t play, and therefore it was likely at least a few other teams would do the same.

Yep I get that. Again tough spot for FD and DK and I get not refunding just won’t be playing MLB for now and I’m sure a lot of other people will be the same way.

• Wooden_Bones

I’m seeing the LAD/SFG game is already being listed as ppd on DK. I haven’t heard any official news though. Anyone know anything?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Wooden_Bones said...

I’m seeing the LAD/SFG game is already being listed as ppd on DK. I haven’t heard any official news though. Anyone know anything?

Not sure it’s PPD. I think DK has been avoiding double-headers, and it’s now scheduled as a double header.

Kind of ridiculous anyway to have a game that starts at 4 on a slate where the next closest game is at 6:37 EST, so probably the right call.

• ifthethunder

I have an MLB Ironman streak going, so I’m entering. If it’s cancelled, it’s cancelled. If DK contest cancellations are the biggest problems in your life, you are 1) very lucky, or 2) just might need to make a call to 1-800-GAMBLOR.
    ~

• JustDFSin

@RatedDAL said...

Last night was NOTHING like a rain out. The Gobert Covid test result is a better comparison.

Any rain out potential is a risk you are either willing to take or not. This was not something you could prepare for unless the teams announced their intentions prior to the start of the slate. The back and forth about the Dodgers game only made it worse.

I’m taking a break from DFS after last night. Can’t trust anything at the moment.

If your off work use it to your advantage

• Wooden_Bones

@Pandamonious said...

Not sure it’s PPD. I think DK has been avoiding double-headers, and it’s now scheduled as a double header.

Kind of ridiculous anyway to have a game that starts at 4 on a slate where the next closest game is at 6:37 EST, so probably the right call.

Yeah, my guess is that they’re just looking to exclude the LAD/SFG game(s). They have it listed as a 7:10 start, which was probably the original start time before a double header was added today.

• frugal

@Wooden_Bones said...

Yeah, my guess is that they’re just looking to exclude the LAD/SFG game(s). They have it listed as a 7:10 start, which was probably the original start time before a double header was added today.

This. DK has been keeping the double headers on the schedule but stating players would not accumulate points. They should just remove those games to avoid confusion.

• superjon

@frugal said...

This. DK has been keeping the double headers on the schedule but stating players would not accumulate points. They should just remove those games to avoid confusion.

I think that’s what FD has been doing. Not including the double headers on the main slate.

• ifthethunder

@frugal said...

I agree. But yesterday DK outlined players in red who were either in non point-accumulating games, or in games that got cancellation confirms. So that’s what I’ll follow today.
    ~

• thedkexperience

I’ll check back in later today but at this juncture I’m not playing a dime of DFS in any sport aside from UFC until we get more information.

UFC doesn’t care. Someone sits out they’ll grab a guy off the street.

• Njsum1

@ifthethunder said...

I agree. But yesterday DK outlined players in red who were either in non point-accumulating games, or in games that got cancellation confirms. So that’s what I’ll follow today.
    ~

And you don’t HAVE to play, and you know the risks if you do, so tread carefully.

• mr_papageorgio

@thedkexperience said...

UFC doesn’t care. Someone sits out they’ll grab a guy off the street.

And then that guy off the street KOs a -400 favorite 30 seconds into the fight lol

• mcgruffthecrimedog

Just can’t play anything besides MMA and golf, since everything else is up in the air.

• frugal

@ifthethunder said...

~

Right, anyone in a double header doesn’t accumulate points, on the app red with an exclamation point next to them similar to how they handle a PPD. This isn’t new as of yesterday, they’ve been doing this lately whenever a double header happens. Last night they had the LAD game looking like it would play when the news dropped it wouldn’t. I swapped all batters but stupidly forgot to swap pitching.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

And you don’t HAVE to play, and you know the risks if you do, so tread carefully.

Just my gut belief from everything I’ve heard, is that the NBA will announce they’re resuming play tomorrow later today, which will lead to everyone in MLB just going ahead and playing. Remember, looking at the main slate, OAK, TEX, DET, MIN, MIA, NYM all played last night, AFTER MIL/CIN boycotted. That accounts for half the slate. PHI/WAS, BOST/TOR, and BAL/TB also played, but I believe those games all started before MIL cancelled, but it’s still reason to think they’re going to play.

Either way, I suspect today will be different, and teams that do sit out, if any, will be announced well before first pitch. No reason for anyone to show up to the park. They could have discussed plans before they left the stadium after their games yesterday.

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

Just my gut belief from everything I’ve heard, is that the NBA will announce they’re resuming play tomorrow later today, which will lead to everyone in MLB just going ahead and playing. Remember, looking at the main slate, OAK, TEX, DET, MIN, MIA, NYM all played last night, AFTER MIL/CIN boycotted. That accounts for half the slate. PHI/WAS, BOST/TOR, and BAL/TB also played, but I believe those games all started before MIL cancelled, but it’s still reason to think they’re going to play.

Either way, I suspect today will be different, and teams that do sit out, if any, will be announced will before first pitch. No reason for anyone to show up to the park. They could have discussed plans before they went left the stadium after their games yesterday.

Well it was announced late as I think MLB was more a reaction to what the NBA did. But I agree with your assessment for today. I feel NBA picks up tomorrow and MLB plays today as scheduled. Though I think MLB players do something today pregame to make a unified statement.

EDIT: Uh-oh…looks like the NBA may be done for the year.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/yahoo-sources-lakers-clippers-vote-to-end-nba-season-leave-meeting-with-other-teams-025141302.html

• Wooden_Bones

@frugal said...

Well it was announced late as I think MLB was more a reaction to what the NBA did. But I agree with your assessment for today. I feel NBA picks up tomorrow and MLB plays today as scheduled. Though I think MLB players do something today pregame to make a unified statement.

EDIT: Uh-oh…looks like the NBA may be done for the year.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/yahoo-sources-lakers-clippers-vote-to-end-nba-season-leave-meeting-with-other-teams-025141302.html

I suspect by the end of today we’ll have a clear picture on what mlb and the nba are planning moving forward. It’s in every parties best interest to have some sort of plan on how to handle things from this point on. I’m moving forward with today’s mlb slate like a normal day. Well, as normal as a slate has been during 2020.

• WhiteyJones8

@Pandamonious said...

Either way, I suspect today will be different, and teams that do sit out, if any, will be announced well before first pitch. No reason for anyone to show up to the park. They could have discussed plans before they left the stadium after their games yesterday.

I’m kind of curious what the NBA does schedule wise. There were supposed to be three games yesterday and three games today. If they restart tomorrow will it be the three games from yesterday or would they try to play all six (that’s not logistically possible in the bubble, right?)

Anyways, I agree with you on MLB. It’s highly unlikely that any games cancel today. The only team that even halfway mentioned it was the Dodgers. Kershaw said they expect to play today but they will follow Mookie Betts lead.

• frugal

@Wooden_Bones said...

I suspect by the end of today we’ll have a clear picture on what mlb and the nba are planning moving forward. It’s in every parties best interest to have some sort of plan on how to handle things from this point on. I’m moving forward with today’s mlb slate like a normal day. Well, as normal as a slate has been during 2020.

yeah, I entered in my MLB lineups already pending confirmed lineups. NBA…that’s tough. If LAC and LAL sit out but everyone else wants to play, do they simply promote DAL to the WCF (EDIT: semi finals)? And then…there will forever be an asterisk hanging on whoever wins and perhaps a even a stigma. They’re in a tough spot.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.