5:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 115 ) at Milwaukee ( -125 ) —- T: 9
    6:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 145 ) at Arizona ( -158 ) —- T: 8.5
    6:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 158 ) at St. Louis ( -173 ) —- T: 7
    6:37 PM EST : Boston ( 147 ) at Toronto ( -160 ) —- T: 10.5
    6:37 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 159 ) at Washington ( -174 ) —- T: 9
    6:37 PM EST : Oakland ( -189 ) at Texas ( 172 ) —- T: 9.5
    6:40 PM EST : Baltimore ( 163 ) at Tampa Bay ( -179 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -154 ) at Detroit ( 142 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• dragon1952

@Roma315 said...

I’m fighting still for my refund from yesterday. The slate should have been scrapped

I was told “Since the MLB product does offer the late swap feature users did have the opportunity to swap their players for players that were playing later in the night.”

Well I had already swapped from SEA/SD players to LAD/SF players and then that was the last game on the slate. I replied to them how can you swap when it was the last game on the slate? No reply.

• yisman

looks like no 9 inning games today at all

just a few doubleheaders for teams that couldn’t afford to miss more games

• yisman

Mets leaked a bizarre video of their GM talking about how commissioner Manfred wanted the Mets to do a ‘symbolic walkout’ rather than postponing the game

whatever the case may be, I’m pretty sure that game is not happening today

• JustDFSin

@Dakotasbest said...

Exactly. It’s disgusting they couldn’t handle the situation last night better. I’m just one person so they don’t give a shit. I hope they continue to frustrate their customers until everyone comes together and doesn’t take it anymore. Taking a hit for one day to keep everyone happy is a minimal price to pay compared to what it could cost them eventually.
    Big companies have fallen before my friend.

Do like the nba players do boycott

• hcassidy

@dragon1952 said...

I was told “Since the MLB product does offer the late swap feature users did have the opportunity to swap their players for players that were playing later in the night.”

Well I had already swapped from SEA/SD players to LAD/SF players and then that was the last game on the slate. I replied to them how can you swap when it was the last game on the slate? No reply.

Thing is though, both SEA and SF(if your talking main slate) were both mentioned as teams that were in discussions to not play last night at 5 something eastern time. 2 hours before the first game locked, that is DK’s reason to stand behind you had swap so I avoided those games completely. What got me last night was the Kelly and Kemp not playing and couldn’t fit anyone into my L/U.

• yisman

in a surprise twist, the Mets released a lineup right at gametime and took the field

I edited all my Mets/Marlins out to the Dodgers/Giants DH because Mets never put a lineup out :(

• yisman

mets took the field and then did some kind of walkout

I think they’re not playing after all

this is VERY confusing

• hcassidy

@yisman said...

in a surprise twist, the Mets released a lineup right at gametime and took the field

I edited all my Mets/Marlins out to the Dodgers/Giants DH because Mets never put a lineup out :(

What site was this cause I was shut out of all to even set a L/U

• yisman

@hcassidy said...

What site was this cause I was shut out of all to even set a L/U

yahoo ran an all day slate

I’m not going to cash it seems

because I rostered Gausman and Yahoo got confused by the DH and may not count his stats

• yisman

SNY saying no Mets game and they are ending the telecast after showing Mets leaving

why they couldn’t have announced their intentions beforehand, I don’t know

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Have a good evening everyone.

• ifthethunder

@yisman said...

for a while, it would be refunded as dollars but they changed it (DK rep called it “a glitch”), although I’m not sure why they care.

Yes, it probably shouldn’t matter. DK dollars can’t be withdrawn, only used in contests. Same as crowns. But I think it’s a good change, easier to figure out what’s going on with your account.
    ~

• SkateFiend

If you want some KBO action enter lineups now, they’re starting to fill a tad earlier than usual.

• gridironguru99

RG Overall Ranking

@zovyn said...

These companies (FD and DK) have next to no overhead. And rake in millions daily. FD still has 4 sports with $ contests running (PGA, UFC, NASCAR, and LOL) – they’re not ‘losing’ any money… they’re just making significantly less. For a couple days. I promise they aren’t losing any sleep nor is there a lack of people willing to gamble their money away regardless.

Just sayin’. :)

Employees, salaries, real esate, massive software/IT spend and a HUGE advertising/marketing budget. I think you’re vastly over estimating how big the DFS universe is now. I’d be surprised if these companies make a profit on DFS – perhaps football.

• SkateFiend

@yisman said...

SNY saying no Mets game and they are ending the telecast after showing Mets leaving

why they couldn’t have announced their intentions beforehand, I don’t know

None of this is official league policy or planning. The players are just doing what they want, the MLB and NBA both have to coddle them. The MLB owners are probably desperate for the season to end, which was probably a net loss for them so far.

People aren’t going to watch all multiple double, triple headers of 3 sports on the same day. Calls for boycotts will intensify. The NBA found a way to complicate what was already a mixed bag of a bubble season.

• carney259

RG Overall Ranking

@dragon1952 said...

There were still three games that hadn’t locked yet when they announced SEA/SD and LAD/SF were not going to play. If they had cancelled the slate, then everyone who had rostered DeGrom and had an early HR or two in their lineups would be throwing a fit right now and demanding winnings.

• stellagirl

I wonder what happens tomorrow. Huge slate of games, now.

Sure feels like I will be reserving lineups, then bailing out of them again.

• TheRyanFlaherty

I sympathize with the sites to some degree, this is all really an unprecedented situation.

Now having said that, tomorrow is day 3 of the uncertainty, so I would say if I was running any of these sites I cancel everything other than single game Showdowns and I’d run a SD for every game scheduled. Until there’s some sense of stability that seems like the only fair way to approach things, where a contest runs or it doesn’t and there’s no way it screws people over.
    Since I obviously don’t run a site that’s how I’ll be approaching MLB tomorrow. Choosing some SD’s to hopefully at lest make sure I keep my achievements active.

• marker0357

regular players are going to want to know how achievements will be handled before they further invest.

• RudyPujols

@marker0357 said...

regular players are going to want to know how achievements will be handled before they further invest.

By my math there were 67 days to begin with, so even if you missed two you could still get iron man. Now you can only miss one, assuming the regular season isn’t extended past 9/27 and/or Achievements aren’t adjusted. Is my math off?

• beare

right now its almost crazy to play anything to much of a guessing game.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@stellagirl said...

I wonder what happens tomorrow. Huge slate of games, now.

Sure feels like I will be reserving lineups, then bailing out of them again.

Yeah, there’s a reason DK hasn’t posted a slate for tomorrow. Most teams were supposed to travel for the start of new series’ tomorrow, and I would assume they still do so, even if they don’t play tomorrow. So, that’ll basically knock out double headers. By my simple counting, tomorrow SHOULD be a 12 game slate, which for MLB would be the norm previous seasons. Really, actually smaller, since every team use to play Friday night, and it’d be 15 game slate. Really, what I’m trying to get at is, tomorrow’s slate of games wouldn’t be any bigger due to the cancellations, since DK won’t have the day games on the main slate or the double headers.

I figured most if not all teams would play today, so I’m not going to bother to guess what’ll happen tomorrow though.

• winsome

Stop giving sites the benefit of the doubt. They are partnered with the leagues therefore they incur the risk. Everyone is not equal in this situation. If they have to eat losses that’s a cost of doing business. They’re using the gambler psychosis against you. “Accept our fluid rules or dont play”. If you feel cheated, you were.

• yisman

pretty disgusted

bubbled again because Yahoo didn’t credit Gausman with the points

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/7119541/115754451

• yisman

@Pandamonious said...

Just my gut belief from everything I’ve heard, is that the NBA will announce they’re resuming play tomorrow later today, which will lead to everyone in MLB just going ahead and playing. Remember, looking at the main slate, OAK, TEX, DET, MIN, MIA, NYM all played last night, AFTER MIL/CIN boycotted. That accounts for half the slate. PHI/WAS, BOST/TOR, and BAL/TB also played, but I believe those games all started before MIL cancelled, but it’s still reason to think they’re going to play.

Either way, I suspect today will be different, and teams that do sit out, if any, will be announced well before first pitch. No reason for anyone to show up to the park. They could have discussed plans before they left the stadium after their games yesterday.

Unfortunately, this did not turn out to be the case.

It didn’t matter as much because DK and FD canceled the slates, but two games canceled about 3 minutes before first pitch and Mets/Marlins was an NBA-style late scratch. No one knew if the game was playing at lock time.

Extremely unprofessional.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.