5:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 115 ) at Milwaukee ( -125 ) —- T: 9
    6:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 145 ) at Arizona ( -158 ) —- T: 8.5
    6:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 158 ) at St. Louis ( -173 ) —- T: 7
    6:37 PM EST : Boston ( 147 ) at Toronto ( -160 ) —- T: 10.5
    6:37 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 159 ) at Washington ( -174 ) —- T: 9
    6:37 PM EST : Oakland ( -189 ) at Texas ( 172 ) —- T: 9.5
    6:40 PM EST : Baltimore ( 163 ) at Tampa Bay ( -179 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -154 ) at Detroit ( 142 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• yisman

Mariners traded Taijaun Walker to the Buffalo Blue Jays so he won’t be making a start today

• Dakotasbest

I’m honestly upset at the fact that I feel cheated. I could not unregister from the tournament I was in once it filled.
    Once the slate began and there was a ppd, DK should’ve right then and there sent out an email and said the tournaments will be cancelled and refunded. I won’t be playing until DK makes this right.

If some of you are still playing good luck. Just stack an early game that has one of the best pitchers on the slate. Then cross your fingers the games with the other good pitchers get ppd so the other players in the contest are forced to pick between only 2 remaining pitchers.

• Wooden_Bones

@frugal said...

yeah, I entered in my MLB lineups already pending confirmed lineups. NBA…that’s tough. If LAC and LAL sit out but everyone else wants to play, do they simply promote DAL to the WCF (EDIT: semi finals)? And then…there will forever be an asterisk hanging on whoever wins and perhaps a even a stigma. They’re in a tough spot.

There needs to be an asterisk on the entire 2020 when it’s all said and done.

• WhiteyJones8

@Dakotasbest said...

I’m honestly upset at the fact that I feel cheated. I could not unregister from the tournament I was in once it filled.
    Once the slate began and there was a ppd, DK should’ve right then and there sent out an email and said the tournaments will be cancelled and refunded. I won’t be playing until DK makes this right.

If some of you are still playing good luck. Just stack an early game that has one of the best pitchers on the slate. Then cross your fingers the games with the other good pitchers get ppd so the other players in the contest are forced to pick between only 2 remaining pitchers.

What time did you enter this contest? When the Bucks and Magic game got cancelled at 1:30 everyone knew at a minimum the Brewers would likely cancel and other games were a possibility. You should have known like 5+ hours prior to lock this was going to happen. It is doubtful whatever tournament you were in was full that early. You could have cancelled at that point.

• davidsimsky

MLB better be careful. They are not in the same ballpark as NBA in terms of popularity. The game is way too slow for the TikTok generation. I’ll go on record as saying MLB will be gone within 10 years and even quicker if players sabotage their own game.

I like OAK today. Lyles is garbage.

• yisman

@frugal said...

yeah, I entered in my MLB lineups already pending confirmed lineups. NBA…that’s tough. If LAC and LAL sit out but everyone else wants to play, do they simply promote DAL to the WCF (EDIT: semi finals)? And then…there will forever be an asterisk hanging on whoever wins and perhaps a even a stigma. They’re in a tough spot.

today’s games postponed but NBA players voted to resume season

I guess games tomorrow

• marker0357

@yisman said...

Mariners traded Taijaun Walker to the Buffalo Blue Jays so he won’t be making a start today

damn, I was stacking against him

• Dakotasbest

@WhiteyJones8 said...

What time did you enter this contest? When the Bucks and Magic game got cancelled at 1:30 everyone knew at a minimum the Brewers would likely cancel and other games were a possibility. You should have known like 5+ hours prior to lock this was going to happen. It is doubtful whatever tournament you were in was full that early. You could have cancelled at that point.

So I should assume my mlb lineup would be screwed because the nba protested? If that’s the theory then nobody should play any fantasy. Hell maybe the golfers will protest too since the nba did. Glad the nhl ppd games…. oh wait.
    When I sign up for a contest that has a set amount of games to be played at given times that’s what I put my money in for. Once that tournament is compromised cancel the tournament and send refunds. I did not sign up for the compromised tournament it’s quite simple.

• zeeshan2

NBA is coming back friday per shams

sorry for putting nba stuff in here

• marker0357

@davidsimsky said...

MLB better be careful. They are not in the same ballpark as NBA in terms of popularity. The game is way too slow for the TikTok generation. I’ll go on record as saying MLB will be gone within 10 years and even quicker if players sabotage their own game.

I like OAK today. Lyles is garbage.

agree about Baseball comment but not so much about NBA. That league has really deteriorated since the days of Jordan. The NFL is still king and, in my opinion, NHL is the best run of all the leagues. The one with the biggest impact is the NFL, by far.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Got a blog up breaking down today’s slate.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/panda-s-bears-and-bulls-mlb-8-27-slate-breakdown-3421103

• Zieg30

@marker0357 said...

agree about Baseball comment but not so much about NBA. That league has really deteriorated since the days of Jordan. The NFL is still king and, in my opinion, NHL is the best run of all the leagues. The one with the biggest impact is the NFL, by far.

NHL is the best run of all the leagues”??? Not sure what you’re smoking, but don’t drive while you’re smoking it.

The NHL has traditionally been the worst run of the major sports leagues. Only recently have they possibly surpassed the MLB, who have made a recent spate of horrible decisions.

• Wooden_Bones

@Pandamonious said...

Got a blog up breaking down today’s slate.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/panda-s-bears-and-bulls-mlb-8-27-slate-breakdown-3421103

Nice write up!

The only thing I can’t get on board with is Boyd. He might be able to turn things around at some point, but I don’t have any faith in him doing it tonight. He owns a 5.85 FIP and 4.60 xFIP so far this season while allowing 8 HRs in 6 starts. I’ll side with the offense on both sides for this game.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Wooden_Bones said...

Nice write up!

The only thing I can’t get on board with is Boyd. He might be able to turn things around at some point, but I don’t have any faith in him doing it tonight. He owns a 5.85 FIP and 4.60 xFIP so far this season while allowing 8 HRs in 6 starts. I’ll side with the offense on both sides for this game.

Understandable. Curious what his ownership will be. The chalkier he is, the more hesitant I’ll be. His last 2 starts the numbers are there. I was surprised how poor overall Twins have been against LHP so far. I think it’s just one of those things people assume. Oh, Twins, they mash, but the numbers say they don’t here.

• internetfamous

@WhiteyJones8 said...

I mean the Brewers reside in??? So ofcourse it was a given they were going to sit. You can’t know teams slated to play 4 hours after lock are going to sit as well. Sure you can assume it but at 7:34 PM all of the teams were on the field taking batting practice.

I also play mostly the 50/20/10 man contests as I don’t MME, I still play the bigger 18$ bigger entrants as well cuz god forbid, and I was able to take my entries out for THOSE contest but couldn’t take them out of the ones that had already filled 2 hours before lock.

I lost a ton when the yankees game was rained out for 0 reason and didn’t complain, it was garbage but I knew it had rained there earlier and there was light rain lingering so I knew and accepted some of the risk, the other 4 baseball games getting wiped out last night I had no idea were even a reality of cancelling until lock had happened, its just differnt.

That being said today is a new day and ill wait about a week when things clear up to get back into it.

• frugal

@Zieg30 said...

NHL is the best run of all the leagues”??? Not sure what you’re smoking, but don’t drive while you’re smoking it.

The NHL has traditionally been the worst run of the major sports leagues. Only recently have they possibly surpassed the MLB, who have made a recent spate of horrible decisions.

Right the ratings of pro sports is NFL way at the top, NBA 2 and rising, and MLB 3 and falling.

• Wooden_Bones

@Pandamonious said...

Understandable. Curious what his ownership will be. The chalkier he is, the more hesitant I’ll be. His last 2 starts the numbers are there. I was surprised how poor overall Twins have been against LHP so far. I think it’s just one of those things people assume. Oh, Twins, they mash, but the numbers say they don’t here.

His name recognition should drive ownership up a little higher than expected.

• WhiteyJones8

I haven’t played cash games in a while but I think I am today on FanDuel.

Basically, you grab Scherzer, cheap lefty Nationals, a couple Oak bats and then a cheap Blue Jay or two.

Thames being just $2200 and Eaton $2,700 makes getting Scherzer pretty easy. The only bad thing is you really can’t afford Soto going this route but that’s ok

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Just my gut belief from everything I’ve heard, is that the NBA will announce they’re resuming play tomorrow later today, which will lead to everyone in MLB just going ahead and playing. Remember, looking at the main slate, OAK, TEX, DET, MIN, MIA, NYM all played last night, AFTER MIL/CIN boycotted. That accounts for half the slate. PHI/WAS, BOST/TOR, and BAL/TB also played, but I believe those games all started before MIL cancelled, but it’s still reason to think they’re going to play.

Either way, I suspect today will be different, and teams that do sit out, if any, will be announced well before first pitch. No reason for anyone to show up to the park. They could have discussed plans before they left the stadium after their games yesterday.

• Dakotasbest

@internetfamous said...

lost a ton when the yankees game was rained out for 0 reason and didn’t complain, it was garbage but I knew it had rained there earlier and there was light rain lingering so I knew and accepted some of the risk, the other 4 baseball games getting wiped out last night I had no idea were even a reality of cancelling until lock had happened, its just differnt.

Exactly! I did the same thing and it is way different.

• ifthethunder

@Zieg30 said...

DON’T PICK ON GARY BETTMAN’S MOM!
    ~

• JSteele

Boston/Toronto is considering not playing today.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan
    Boston Red Sox players have strongly considered not playing tonight’s game against the Toronto Blue Jays to protest against social injustice, sources tell ESPN. The teams are talking currently and have offered one another support regardless of whether they decide to play or not.

• yisman

PHI/WSH game is OFF

postponed

• WhiteyJones8

@yisman said...

PHI/WSH game is OFF

postponed

OMG! Not again!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.