7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 183 ) at Detroit ( -200 ) —- T: 10
    7:20 PM EST : St. Louis ( -139 ) at Milwaukee ( 128 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 228 ) at Chi Cubs ( -251 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 155 ) at Texas ( -168 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 146 ) at Houston ( -158 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -111 ) at Kansas City ( 103 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -129 ) at Colorado ( 119 ) —- T: 11
    10:05 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 136 ) at LA Angels ( -147 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• jess701

Boyd? Weel thinking that whats the worst thing 25 points and big bats you picked

• osuryanf

@elementasrat said...

So you taking him?

I will have some exposure, yes. And if he gets rocked he gets rocked, he’s a contrarian GPP play so I’ll take a gamble.

• KindGuy

@osuryanf said...

I will have some exposure, yes. And if he gets rocked he gets rocked, he’s a contrarian GPP play so I’ll take a gamble.

I’m down to my lost dollar so I can’t take that chance tonight!

• apollo34

I’m really digging Shoe tonight vs the Reds. Would probably stay off him if the game was in the g.a. smallpark tho

• Jaredmlevitt

@osuryanf said...

You think he’s going to be that contrarian? Cheap, pitching well and heavy favorite. I think he’s going to be quite popular.

Someone who could be contrarian is Straily. Yes, angels aren’t a very good team target because they don’t k much. But if you look at the last 5 games, they’ve K’d 10, 7, 9, 8, 8 times. They can be had. The win is gonna be tough for him tonight, but he gets a significant park upgrade tonight. High Risk, but high reward type of pitcher.

• KindGuy

@Jaredmlevitt said...

You think he’s going to be that contrarian? Cheap, pitching well and heavy favorite. I think he’s going to be quite popular.

Someone who could be contrarian is Straily. Yes, angels aren’t a very good team target because they don’t k much. But if you look at the last 5 games, they’ve K’d 10, 7, 9, 8, 8 times. They can be had. The win is gonna be tough for him tonight, but he gets a significant park upgrade tonight. High Risk, but high reward type of pitcher.

You don’t think Rafael Montero is gonna be contrarian? The only thing he has going for him is the park?

• Jaredmlevitt

@elementasrat said...

You don’t think Rafael Montero is gonna be contrarian? The only thing he has going for him is the park?

Thought the convo was about Boyd. my bad.

• jshackmann

Montero was demoted from AAA to AA earlier in the season. His stats are over 2.1 innings in the majors so don’t bring those up. He had 19 walks in 47 AA innings. He is also on a team that cannot score and is facing a legitimate ace in Jose Fernandez, so expecting a win would be a bit to ask for

• Jaredmlevitt

@jshackmann said...

Montero was demoted from AAA to AA earlier in the season. His stats are over 2.1 innings in the majors so don’t bring those up. He had 19 walks in 47 AA innings. He is also on a team that cannot score and is facing a legitimate ace in Jose Fernandez, so expecting a win would be a bit to ask for

He’s had a couple of different stints w/ the Mets over the past couple of years. As a loyal Mets fan, I have little faith in the guy. He went from being in the convo as one of their top pitching prospects to barely in the convo as a fill in starter. He just hasn’t shown the talent to make it in the majors yet. Also, tough to really look at the AAA stats also as they are in the PCL which is a hitter friendly environment. I wouldn’t go anywhere near Montero tonight.

• Metalmitch72

Last couple times I stacked against Musgrove it worked out pretty good for me,even though he is pitching at home I’m stacking the A’s.

• Metalmitch72

Dan Straily and Martinez are good options tonight

• jonconnington

Wade Miley yolo tournament lineup seems legit. Blue Jays will be popular and LOVE to disappoint people.

• wcuball29

@Ndepompei said...

All over Boyd tonight

Boyd tonight kinda reminds me of Phelps the other night…..Regression.

• Supersharpie

Porcello is my SP pick of the night…should be low owned and in a great position for 45-50 fps on FD.

• Kujo2020

Who’s brave enough to give Musgrove another shot? A’s offense is mostly pathetic. I said I would never roster him again, not sure I go there again. I might give him another shot.

• bgraffunder

I am all over boyd but as said above, fear a regression. Have a hedge White Sox stack – Morneau crushes lefties and will be low owned. Also like Musgrove. Could be a night where my lineups are over before it starts due to pitching.

• Olhausen

@elementasrat said...

I don’t think the Orioles are the chalk. It’s an 11 game slate and they’ve been underwhelming recently. Estrada is good on the surface so the fish will probably be on him. His peripherals scream regression though…..

It’s actually a 13 game slate so with coors going they definitely won’t be the chalk.

• Olhausen

@Supersharpie said...

Porcello is my SP pick of the night…should be low owned and in a great position for 45-50 fps on FD.

I also like him but I don’t think he’s going to be that low owned facing TB at home.

• Jakehaddock23

@Olhausen said...

I also like him but I don’t think he’s going to be that low owned facing TB at home.

I beg to differ. With Fern and Arrieta up top, Porcello is going to again be criminally underplayed.

• Jakehaddock23

@Kujo2020 said...

Who’s brave enough to give Musgrove another shot? A’s offense is mostly pathetic. I said I would never roster him again, not sure I go there again. I might give him another shot.

Gonna have lots of Musgrove tonight. Low owned and has ridiculous K%. Yes, the A’s don’t strike out a lot but I still think he dominates them at home

• Supersharpie

@Jakehaddock23 said...

Gonna have lots of Musgrove tonight. Low owned and has ridiculous K%. Yes, the A’s don’t strike out a lot but I still think he dominates them at home

After his last two outings Musgrove is going to have to show me something before I roster him again.

• Yacht67

@jonconnington said...

Wade Miley yolo tournament lineup seems legit. Blue Jays will be popular and LOVE to disappoint people.

The bullpen is weak after miley. Miley would be like 1% owned, rightfully so.

• ChicagoJoe

@elementasrat said...

I’m down to my lost dollar so I can’t take that chance tonight!

Haha, if there’s one thing worse that being down to your last dollar, it’s being down to your lost dollar!

• TeamTwerk

This will be the 4th time Porcello has faced Tampa in the last 2 months. I have a hard time believing Tampa bats aren’t going to improve after facing so many pitches from him over a short amount of time.

• bucherpsu08

I like Maeda. You’re getting a 9k range pitcher for $6500 on DK because of the park. He’s pitched well in Coors twice this year already. You can pair him with one of the aces and build a pretty solid lineup.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).