1:10 PM EST : Washington ( 155 ) at NY Mets ( -165 ) —- T: 8.5
    1:20 PM EST : SF Giants ( 110 ) at Atlanta ( -119 ) —- T: 9
    2:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -161 ) at Minnesota ( 148 ) —- T: 9.5
    2:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 188 ) at Chi Sox ( -207 ) —- T: 9
    2:35 PM EST : Houston ( -221 ) at Texas ( 181 ) —- T: 9
    4:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 143 ) at Seattle ( -172 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 216 ) at LA Dodgers ( -233 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:08 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -152 ) at Oakland ( 127 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• homers1226

going with stl,cin stack

• ifthethunder

@homers1226 said...

going with stl,cin stack

I managed to cash Lance Lynn lineups yesterday thanks to Edmundo Sosa and Tommy Edman. Would have done even better with more Cards, so I’ll be dealing them again today too.
    ~

• zovyn

@ifthethunder said...

I managed to cash Lance Lynn lineups yesterday thanks to Edmundo Sosa and Tommy Edman. Would have done even better with more Cards, so I’ll be dealing them again today too

Sosa saved my Gutierrez LU nicely.

Who’s our punt savior today?

• ifthethunder

@zovyn said...

Sosa saved my Gutierrez LU nicely.

Who’s our punt savior today?

I have him at SS again today, and he’s 2,100…100 cheaper than yesterday. Guess who?

P.S. I got a home run from Nats outfielder Lane Thomas yesterday. He’s leading off and priced at the minimum on DK again today.
    ~

• ifthethunder

@homers1226 said...

KYLE SCHWARBER ??

I have him in tiers (one of two). And one regular lineup. But I’m not sure enough to commit more than 1 of 5 classics to him. He hasn’t faced Eli Morgan before. Sometimes, Morgan is good.

P.S. Ah, there’s the link. Morgan was good one of his last 3 and terrible the other 2.
    ~

• jjwd

big miss on the Cleveland weather. That could really hurt

• zovyn

@jjwd said...

big miss on the Cleveland weather. That could really hurt

Yeah, I think they’re going to be okay if they’re patient but…

• jayzee666

So far, so good.
    Castellanos with a SO.
    Baumgarner in trouble.
    Molina SOs so that Carlson didn’t have to SO with bases loaded.

No players from games with runs.
    At least Mullins didn’t SO.

Early LP sweats.

• zovyn

I’m not sure how many times I can throw good pitchers at the Marlins and watch them get slapped around before I jerk the wheel.

• ifthethunder

@zovyn said...

I’m not sure how many times I can throw good pitchers at the Marlins and watch them get slapped around before I jerk the wheel.

Fish see Reds in the water, part deux.
    ~

• zovyn

@ifthethunder said...

Fish see Reds in the water, part deux.

Yeah… it’s that whole “it-can’t-happen-two-days-in-a-row” versus “who’s hot who’s not” DFS mental battle. :P

• ifthethunder

@zovyn said...

Yeah… it’s that whole “it-can’t-happen-two-days-in-a-row” versus “who’s hot who’s not” DFS mental battle. :P

Not to mention, “how many pitchers on this huge slate do you actually feel good about, taking prices into account.”

My first pass was Dylan Cease, Tyler Mahle, and Mad Bum (I thought the last might be sneaky, given he’s not really at a discount). 6% ownership is sneaky, but he didn’t stealth his way through the 1st against a Philly team that isn’t hitting so much these days.

I do have a Cease and Desist, err Kwang Hyun Kim l.u. Maybe this will be the one!
    ~

• zovyn

@ifthethunder said...

I do have a Cease and Desist, err Kwang Hyun Kim l.u. Maybe this will be the one!

I was between Mahle, Kim, Greinke, and Berrios for my SE. Had the $ so I just plugged Mahle in w/o much thought. He’s settling in a bit nowso fingers-crossed he doesn’t kill me.

Probably spending WAY too much time this weekend researching NFL pre-season matchups.

• zovyn

tfw you go 3+5 for an ATL platoon mini-stack and instead the 2+4 RvR mini-stack blows up…

• ifthethunder

@zovyn said...

I was between Mahle, Kim, Greinke, and Berrios for my SE. Had the $ so I just plugged Mahle in w/o much thought. He’s settling in a bit nowso fingers-crossed he doesn’t kill me.

Probably spending WAY too much time this weekend researching NFL pre-season matchups.

I’m waiting until the last day to figure out what to do with my $10 NFL showdown and $5 classic day one tickets. Both those contests are ridiculous lottos with over 470,000 and 1,2 million entries each, so might as well just throw darts anyways.

As for today, my only homer is from Marlin Jesus Sanchez. Off Tyler Mahle, who I have in the same lineup. Need more hitting!
    ~

• zovyn

@ifthethunder said...

I’m waiting until the last day to figure out what to do with my $10 NFL showdown and $5 classic day one tickets. Both those contests are ridiculous lottos with over 470,000 and 1,2 million entries each, so might as well just throw darts anyways.

As for today, my only homer is from Marlin Jesus Sanchez. Off Tyler Mahle, who I have in the same lineup. Need more hitting!
    ~

So far it looks like only Berrios was a better choice than Mahle… so maybe I’m not so dumb after all.

As for NFL… I’ve been hitting those $0.50 36-person NFL satty contests for a month. Currently have ~50 $3 tickets to the opening FD NFL main slate. Hoping to have 60+ by gameday.

Ordinarily I’d just train 3 or 4 lineups amongst all those entries. Going to try and actually MME an event for once and do all unique lineups. Why not. :)

• land_of_the_lock

Congrats if you landed on joey wendle today. Lotto balls.

• ifthethunder

@ifthethunder said...

Need more hitting!

Tommy Edman (again) and Joey Wendle heard the call.
    ~

• biga0787

Chalk goes off basically everyday… baseball is zero fun anymore

• ifthethunder

@zovyn said...

So far it looks like only Berrios was a better choice than Mahle… so maybe I’m not so dumb after all.

I was afraid to pick Berrios.

Funny thing, Jesus Luzardo is crushing it. Imagine if you picked him? 1.7% of those surveyed said Yes!

• zovyn

Cleveland Indians Retweeted
    Mandy Bell
    @MandyBell02
    ·
    24m
    The Indians/Red Sox game will begin at 4:20 p.m. ET.

• ifthethunder

Cashing 3 of 5 thanks to Wendle. But the Paul Goldschmidt goose egg wasn’t helpful. Also while I like the Cease outing….I stacked the White Sox yesterday. Not today.
    ~

• JIB7

@land_of_the_lock said...

Congrats if you landed on joey wendle today. Lotto balls.

Woot!

Was easy to get to with a chalk Rays stack and 6.5 implied total.

• land_of_the_lock

@JIB7 said...

Was easy to get to with a chalk Rays stack and 6.5 implied total.

Cool. I played the TAM players that didn’t suck on a BvP basis, and did pretty well, but Wendle really broke through today. Congrats to you. Keep it up!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).