6:40 PM EST : Cleveland ( 130 ) at Cincinnati ( -141 ) —- T: 8
    7:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 265 ) at NY Yankees ( -299 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -116 ) at Atlanta ( 107 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 208 ) at Minnesota ( -250 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:15 PM EST : Kansas City ( 140 ) at Chi Cubs ( -152 ) —- T: —
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( 123 ) at Colorado ( -134 ) —- T: 13
    9:10 PM EST : Oakland ( -182 ) at Seattle ( 166 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -134 ) at San Diego ( 124 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Ndepompei

Hoping that people pay up for deGrom or Cole instead of stacking Coors

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Ndepompei said...

Weather potential problems in NY may keep Cole ownership down below what it would be normally. Some mid tier pitchers look a little tasty to be able to get some Coors.

• emnj69

@Ndepompei said...

I am actually playing cueto which is dangerous but u can do some great things with him in there-if he gets shelled he gets shelled but if he can get 10-15 will take it

I want no part of degrom vs braves

• emnj69

@sochoice said...

Weather potential problems in NY may keep Cole ownership down below what it would be normally. Some mid tier pitchers look a little tasty to be able to get some Coors.

hoping it holds off-it looks like it will start up around 9-10 but here in NJ NYC area we are going to get hit with tons of rain and wind-I think they will call it before they start if it looks like it will impact the game as this is not type of weather that will start and stop once it starts party is over

• thedkexperience

@emnj69 said...

I am actually playing cueto which is dangerous but u can do some great things with him in there-if he gets shelled he gets shelled but if he can get 10-15 will take it

I want no part of degrom vs braves

I haven’t looked yet but after a week of trying to pick which bum starter would scrape together a solid start and failing miserably I went back to just picking the biggest names match ups be damned and, go figure, I won a bunch of money and even a single entry tournament last night.

If there are no weather issues you can bet I’m taking someone who is a 90+ in The Show today.

I’ll get my offense from some spot starting outfielder in a lefty righty match up.

• CGCJR

Coors stacks are great when they work, but if they don’t it’s usually pretty devastating. One of these nights Nolan Arenado is going to go off. When he does he’ll probably have 0.87% ownership.

• thedkexperience

@CGCJR said...

Coors stacks are great when they work, but if they don’t it’s usually pretty devastating. One of these nights Nolan Arenado is going to go off. When he does he’ll probably have 0.87% ownership.

This is exactly why I don’t think a cash lineup in baseball exists. You’re going to see 30%+ ownership today on every playable Yankee simply because they are home and in an early game and 30%+ ownership on lots of Giants and Rockies simply because the game is in Coors.

Whenever this happens you can only do one of two things … ride the ownership train to a min cash in tournaments with the hopes that your “cash lineup” filled with 67% owned players like Judge gets you to 47th place in a 50/50, or completely ignore the chalk and dump your money into a flyover state team risking last place for a shot at first.

• emnj69

@CGCJR said...

I like when everybody plays them and they bust lol

• thedkexperience

@emnj69 said...

I like when everybody plays them and they bust lol

Exactly. I know that there are days in the year where I simply have no chance because the herd is stacking Coors, the Yankees have a home game and the most popular player in baseball … checks notes … JD Martinez is in the lineup.

On those days I’m just going to lose.

Good thing 2/3rds of days aren’t those days.

• CGCJR

@thedkexperience said...

This is exactly why I don’t think a cash lineup in baseball exists. You’re going to see 30%+ ownership today on every playable Yankee simply because they are home and in an early game and 30%+ ownership on lots of Giants and Rockies simply because the game is in Coors.

The typical cash lineup has been difficult to field this season because SOO many games are being canceled. It’s steering everyone to the same players (especially in pitching). As far as pitching goes you’re lucky to find someone who
    A) isn’t going to get shelled
    B) will hopefully pitch at least five innings

With the exception of Shane Bieber, the innings, strikeouts, and wins just aren’t coming along with the high salaries. So what ends up happening? Luis Castillo ends up with 80% ownership because it’s a choice between him, someone facing a loaded lineup, or what amounts to a long reliever starting the game.

As with everything in 2020 – nothing is easy.

• zeeshan2

Keep playing Judge while he’s hot

• thedkexperience

@zeeshan2 said...

Keep playing Judge while he’s hot

I’d rather not take him, fade his 40% ownership and look for a platoon bat in the OF for half the price.

• CGCJR

@thedkexperience said...

I’d rather not take him, fade his 40% ownership and look for a platoon bat in the OF for half the price.

Don’t know that you’ll find anyone at half the price, but I get what you’re saying. Kyle Lewis is still a bargain as is Luis Robert. I won’t be on the Judge train tonight either. The dearth of cheap Royals has made things a little harder this week.

• thedkexperience

@CGCJR said...

Don’t know that you’ll find anyone at half the price, but I get what you’re saying. Kyle Lewis is still a bargain as is Luis Robert. I won’t be on the Judge train tonight either. The dearth of cheap Royals has made things a little harder this week.

Robert made the squad yesterday on DK that won me that single entry. Other guys I’ve done well with so far this year are Shin Soo Choo and Alex Gordon. The Seattle bats generally go under owned as well.

Actually who am I kidding, any bats that aren’t on the east coast or in Colorado or play for the Cubs or Dodgers go under owned.

• Ndepompei

@thedkexperience said...

Robert made the squad yesterday on DK that won me that single entry. Other guys I’ve done well with so far this year are Shin Soo Choo and Alex Gordon. The Seattle bats generally go under owned as well.

Actually who am I kidding, any bats that aren’t on the east coast or in Colorado or play for the Cubs or Dodgers go under owned.

Bats in Coors didn’t gain much ownership the first game there either I was pretty surprised.

• brink7

Did anyone else not get their Yahoo baseball winnings from Sunday paid out yet?

• ButBongoFiesta

Using a pitcher against the Dodgers usually isn’t very smart but If I want to fit in some bats then I’m gonna have to use Paddock tonight. Probably go with Paddock/Montas and hope to get like 30 points between the two. Colorado/San Fran plus RH hitters for Minn/Oakland.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/inside-the-bubble-3390812

MLB and NBA blog for today

• thedkexperience

Well if anyone actually believed that baseball was America’s second most popular sport still …

What do you think we get to first? Page 3 of this thread or page 15 on the NBA?

• Ndepompei

@ButBongoFiesta said...

Using a pitcher against the Dodgers usually isn’t very smart but If I want to fit in some bats then I’m gonna have to use Paddock tonight. Probably go with Paddock/Montas and hope to get like 30 points between the two. Colorado/San Fran plus RH hitters for Minn/Oakland.

Paddack/Montas is where I’ve been looking as well

• ifthethunder

@thedkexperience said...

Well if anyone actually believed that baseball was America’s second most popular sport still …

Wu’re playing hockey, ehh! Come on aboard, have a beer!
    ~

• zeeshan2

@thedkexperience said...

doesn’t help that the commish sucks and the inevitable cancellation of the sport

• Jpitten

100% Arrieta and Coors

• ifthethunder

@Jpitten said...

100% Arrieta and Coors

“When you look up “gas can” in the dictionary, it shows a picture of a can of gas pouring itself out on Derek Holland to save him from the team from the horror of being accomplices to murdering the game.”

https://rotogrinders.com/grind-downs/mlb-dfs-picks-and-analysis-8-3-pittsburgh-pirates-at-minnesota-twins-3390782
    ~

Holland! Paddock!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler