7:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 142 ) at Tampa Bay ( -152 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 188 ) at Chi Sox ( -205 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 209 ) at Milwaukee ( -231 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Atlanta ( -130 ) at St. Louis ( 110 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 128 ) at Colorado ( -138 ) —- T: 11.5
    9:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -150 ) at Arizona ( 140 ) —- T: 9.5
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 155 ) at Oakland ( -189 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Houston ( 157 ) at LA Dodgers ( -167 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jv21

• Ranked #67

RG Tiered Ranking

Didn’t lose money yesterday and won some ticks too on DK. Faded the Yankees and stacked BAL & MIL. It feels good win fading the chalk. Baseball really does a good job showing that the chalk can bust and it happens a lot. The variance is crazy and I am still getting use to it.

For tonight, I am going to wait to see lineups and how the public is approaching the slate. I definitely think it’s correct to go 4-4 on fd and 5-3 for single entry contest since with 15 games, some teams will smash.

• ifthethunder

Vegas has Miami and Baltimore as the 2 lowest-scoring offenses on the slate again. Will they be completely wrong again?

Lewis Brinson wrecked Megill yesterday, but Megill did o.k. after that. I’ll try Taijuan Walker in one. Not sure about Nestor Cortes though. The Yankees are in a deep funk that smells smelly.
    ~

• miggs6876

I’m stacking the Yankees tonight. Hoping they explode after their disappointment yesterday. Maybe even lower owned with a game at Coors Field too.

• emnj69

@miggs6876 said...

I’m stacking the Yankees tonight. Hoping they explode after their disappointment yesterday. Maybe even lower owned with a game at Coors Field too.

it has to happen at some point but they look simply awful and last night vs a guy that has been bombed all year they made him look like an all star

• zovyn

Will tonight be the night I finally get the White Sox right? (survey says: Probably not, either way)

• zovyn

Looks like I’m going cheap with Houser on the mound and going dong-hunting with my bats. Yeah, I said it. I’ll just start swiping and see if I can hook up with BiGtIGeRs. :P

• jv21

• Ranked #67

RG Tiered Ranking

I just noticed you can filter by BvP on the lineups page, pretty cool. How much weight do yall put in righy/lefty in BvP?

• zovyn

@jv21 said...

I just noticed you can filter by BvP on the lineups page, pretty cool. How much weight do yall put in righy/lefty in BvP?

For me I’ve found, in general, statistically, it matters more than a little… all else being equal. It’s a little different for every pitcher but statistically overall, over time, the R/L vs. R/L does add up to an advantage for opposite handed batters. At the very least it tends to be a serious tiebreaker for me when deciding between two bats OR between two pitchers (based on how much ‘platoon’ advantage exists on paper).

Just know that if you don’t dig deeper, it doesn’t always hold true. Matt Olson (L), for example, has really solid numbers against lefty pitchers. I believe Garret Richards (P- righty) tonight has worse numbers against same-side bats than lefties. It’s not 100% consistent and stat-chasing-analysis always results in exceptions to the rule. But I do think on the surface it’s a smart way to approach it in general.

Sincerely,

A nightly donor to the prize pools.

:P

• jv21

• Ranked #67

RG Tiered Ranking

@zovyn said...

For me I’ve found, in general, statistically, it matters more than a little… all else being equal. It’s a little different for every pitcher but statistically overall, over time, the R/L vs. R/L does add up to an advantage for opposite handed batters.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I figure it would be a good place start when looking at teams to stack and then dig deeper from there. I’ll try this for a bit and see how it goes.

• frugal

@jv21 said...

This season, I’ve done almost nothing but look at O/U and I’m cashing at the highest rate in $1 tourney and $5 double ups that I ever have playing MLB. Maybe just dumb luck but it’s making me strongly rethink my NBA strategy next season despite that sport being so stat reliant.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@zovyn said...

Looks like I’m going cheap with Houser on the mound and going dong-hunting with my bats. Yeah, I said it. I’ll just start swiping and see if I can hook up with BiGtIGeRs. :P

Great job keeping the joke going

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

This season, I’ve done almost nothing but look at O/U and I’m cashing at the highest rate in $1 tourney and $5 double ups that I ever have playing MLB. Maybe just dumb luck but it’s making me strongly rethink my NBA strategy next season despite that sport being so stat reliant.

I did that yesterday and got destroyed

• frugal

@theIrrigator said...

I did that yesterday and got destroyed

Yesterday was a bad day for me too, but those happen occasionally. Can’t win every day.

• jv21

• Ranked #67

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

nice. yeah I have similar thoughts, sometimes the simple approach is the right way

• jv21

• Ranked #67

RG Tiered Ranking

Even though I faded the Yankees yesterday, looks like I am playing them today. I am handing building my SE so its going to take too long to try every team combo. I am just going to stick with what I have and the Yankees fit in well.

• tbird05

Roth isn’t tweeting about it. You guys haven’t posted about it. The rain in Coors. What gives?

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@tbird05 said...

Roth isn’t tweeting about it. You guys haven’t posted about it. The rain in Coors. What gives?

Radar looks pretty benign to me. Bats fine, pitchers probably fine too. Only doing one line, if I was doing more, I’d consider some freeland.

• ifthethunder

@tbird05 said...

I don’t like Coors games anyways. Kind of like the night 3-gamer on DK because Coors isn’t on it.

(Almost) Tempted to play Kyle Freeland in a troll lineup.

In other business, Joey Votto is back home in Cincinnati and I’m hoping he’s about to start a new streak.
    ~

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Can’t win every day.

Cant win any day lol

• ifthethunder

I see the Yankees are starting right-hander Luis Gil now. He’s supposed to be a top prospect, but I’ll roll Cedric Mullins again.
    ~

• zovyn

@ifthethunder

All the Votto.

Mullins keeps popping in and out of my lu.

• homers1226

i like ee

2B
    Headshot of T. Edman
    T. Edman
    $2,900

ATL@STL
    Pre-Game
    3B
    Headshot of N. Arenado
    N. Arenado
    $5,400

ATL@STL
    Pre-Game
    SS
    Headshot of E. Sosa
    E. Sosa
    $2,300

ATL@STL
    Pre-Game
    OF
    Headshot of D. Carlson
    D. Carlson
    $2,800

ATL@STL
    Pre-Game
    OF
    Headshot of J. Winker
    J. Winker
    $5,300

MIN@CIN
    Pre-Game
    OF
    Headshot of T. Hernández
    T. Hernández
    $4,900

• zovyn

Does anybody know what the current FD Main Slate “Go Yard” bonus is/means? And/or where you can find that info?

• NDNole

Im just here to say I have no idea how you MLB guys do it. I consistently get my butt handed to me every time I try and get into MLB lol.

• jjwd

@NDNole said...

Im just here to say I have no idea how you MLB guys do it. I consistently get my butt handed to me every time I try and get into MLB lol.

drastic diversification + bankroll control

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).