7:05 PM EST : Chicago ( 117 ) at Pittsburgh ( -127 ) — – T: 6.5
7:05 PM EST : Arizona ( 136 ) at Washington ( -147 ) — – T: 8.0
7:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -113 ) at Miami ( 104 ) — – T: 7.5
7:10 PM EST : San Fran ( -144 ) at Atlanta ( 133 ) — – T: 8.0
8:05 PM EST : Houston ( -128 ) at Texas ( 118 ) — – T: 9.0
8:10 PM EST : Tampa ( 119 ) at Chi Sox ( -129 ) — – T: 8.0
8:10 PM EST : SD Pad ( -105 ) at Milwaukee ( -103 ) — – T: 8.0
8:40 PM EST : Seattle ( -168 ) at Colorado ( 155 ) — – T: 9.5
10:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( 116 ) at LAA ( -126 ) — – T: 6.5
10:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 105 ) at Oakland ( -114 ) — – T: 7.5
Didn’t see one yesterday, believe bhdevault is enjoying Vegas so here you go guys…
Gabey’s show notes 8/3
CHC at PIT
- CHC 27th overall last 30 days w/ a 23.6% K-rate.
- PIT 14th vs LHP, but surging up the ranks. Lots of individual talent vs LHP on the team.
- Liriano owns a massive 27.8% K-rate backed by a 14.3 SwSt%. 8.4% BB-rate is a career struggle.
- Lester flying under the radar w/ another impressive season. A true 3-ERA talent.
ARI at WAS
- WAS 28th overall last 30 days w/ a 24.7% K-rate. Should begin trending upwards soon though w/ players coming back from injury.
- Fister allowing 1.01 HR/9. BABIPs vs both sides of the plate are at opposite extremes, so he should even out to a .330-.340’ish allowed to both hands of hitters.
SF at ATL
- SF 1st vs RHP & 6th overall last 30 days.
- ATL 27th vs RHP & 26th overall last 30 days.
- Cain has a small sample, but he seems to be losing his ability to generate outs on pitching to contact.
- Folty giving it up to everyone, but his BABIP is very high. He should be a little better moving forward.
NYM at MIA
- NYM 25th vs RHP.
- MIA 30th vs RHP & 29th overall last 30 days.
- Koehler getting rocked w/ a 34.8 Hard% & 8.3% BB-rate. Allowing a .325 wOBA to LHB but his BABIP vs both sides of the plate is very low, so he should get rocked moving forward. 1.08 HR/9.
- Colon allowing 1.28 HR/9 on a 31.1 Hard%. .342 wOBA to LHB on a .349 BABIP.
SD at MIL
- MIL was surging, but now just 21st overall last 30 days & 22nd vs RHP.
- SD 23rd vs RHP & 24th overall last 30 days w/ a 22% K-rate.
- Tyson owns a 25.3% K-rate backed by a 12.4 SwSt%. .329 wOBA allowed to LHB seems like an organizational philosophy.
- Peralta allowing 1.2 HR/9 which is not a new issue for him. High wOBA allowed to everyone. Struggles vs LHB are career-long.
HOU at TEX
- HOU 4th vs RHP & 9th overall last 30 days.
- TEX middle of the pack offensively.
- McCullers 8.7% BB-rate the only knock on his profile. 25% K-rate is stellar.
- Colby allowing 1.09 HR/9 on a 32.2 Hard%. Not as bad as people think. Allowing a .325 wOBA to LHB.
TAM at CWS
- TAM 5th vs LHP.
- CWS 24th vs RHP but 10th overall last 30 days.
- Karns 22.1% K-rate due regression w/ just an 8.1 SwSt%. 8.4% BB-rate is rough too. Allowing a 34 Hard%. Allowing a .286 wOBA to RHB on a .204 BABIP, so a huge reverse split may be lurking.
- Quintana struggles vs RHB are mainly BABIP-driven.
BAL at OAK
- OAK was once top-5 vs RHP, but now in a free fall. 30th overall last 30 days.
- BAL 9th vs RHP, but just 22nd overall last 30 days w/ a 22.2% K-rate.
- Chavez allowing a .336 wOBA to LHB.
CLE at LAA
- LAA 8th vs RHP after starting the season bottom-5 for a long time. 2nd overall last 30 days.
- CLE in free fall after starting the year top-5 vs RHP. 25th overall last 30 days.
- Richards is not fanning batters w/ his 18% K-rate, even though the SwSt% is great at 10.7. 8.1% BB-rate too.
- Kluber owns a massive 27.4% K-rate backed by a 12.8 SwSt|%. DEF issues in CLE will keep his BABIP high.
SEA at COL
- SEA 5th overall last 30 days.
- COL 103 wRC+ vs RHP. 116 wRC+ overall last 30 days.
- Felix is still elite even w/ the blemishes this season. Tonight is not the night to use him though. His BABIP vs LHB is calling for a little regression.
- Butler 11.9% BB-rate. Getting CRUSHED by everyone.