7:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -113 ) at Miami ( 104 ) — – T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : San Fran ( -144 ) at Atlanta ( 133 ) — – T: 8.0
    8:05 PM EST : Houston ( -128 ) at Texas ( 118 ) — – T: 9.0
    8:10 PM EST : Tampa ( 119 ) at Chi Sox ( -129 ) — – T: 8.0
    8:10 PM EST : SD Pad ( -105 ) at Milwaukee ( -103 ) — – T: 8.0
    8:40 PM EST : Seattle ( -168 ) at Colorado ( 155 ) — – T: 9.5
    10:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( 116 ) at LAA ( -126 ) — – T: 6.5
    10:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 105 ) at Oakland ( -114 ) — – T: 7.5

Didn’t see one yesterday, believe bhdevault is enjoying Vegas so here you go guys…

Gabey’s show notes 8/3

CHC at PIT

• CHC 27th overall last 30 days w/ a 23.6% K-rate.
    • PIT 14th vs LHP, but surging up the ranks. Lots of individual talent vs LHP on the team.
    • Liriano owns a massive 27.8% K-rate backed by a 14.3 SwSt%. 8.4% BB-rate is a career struggle.
    • Lester flying under the radar w/ another impressive season. A true 3-ERA talent.

ARI at WAS

• WAS 28th overall last 30 days w/ a 24.7% K-rate. Should begin trending upwards soon though w/ players coming back from injury.
    • Fister allowing 1.01 HR/9. BABIPs vs both sides of the plate are at opposite extremes, so he should even out to a .330-.340’ish allowed to both hands of hitters.

SF at ATL

• SF 1st vs RHP & 6th overall last 30 days.
    • ATL 27th vs RHP & 26th overall last 30 days.
    • Cain has a small sample, but he seems to be losing his ability to generate outs on pitching to contact.
    • Folty giving it up to everyone, but his BABIP is very high. He should be a little better moving forward.

NYM at MIA

• NYM 25th vs RHP.
    • MIA 30th vs RHP & 29th overall last 30 days.
    • Koehler getting rocked w/ a 34.8 Hard% & 8.3% BB-rate. Allowing a .325 wOBA to LHB but his BABIP vs both sides of the plate is very low, so he should get rocked moving forward. 1.08 HR/9.
    • Colon allowing 1.28 HR/9 on a 31.1 Hard%. .342 wOBA to LHB on a .349 BABIP.

SD at MIL

• MIL was surging, but now just 21st overall last 30 days & 22nd vs RHP.
    • SD 23rd vs RHP & 24th overall last 30 days w/ a 22% K-rate.
    • Tyson owns a 25.3% K-rate backed by a 12.4 SwSt%. .329 wOBA allowed to LHB seems like an organizational philosophy.
    • Peralta allowing 1.2 HR/9 which is not a new issue for him. High wOBA allowed to everyone. Struggles vs LHB are career-long.

HOU at TEX

• HOU 4th vs RHP & 9th overall last 30 days.
    • TEX middle of the pack offensively.
    • McCullers 8.7% BB-rate the only knock on his profile. 25% K-rate is stellar.
    • Colby allowing 1.09 HR/9 on a 32.2 Hard%. Not as bad as people think. Allowing a .325 wOBA to LHB.

TAM at CWS

• TAM 5th vs LHP.
    • CWS 24th vs RHP but 10th overall last 30 days.
    • Karns 22.1% K-rate due regression w/ just an 8.1 SwSt%. 8.4% BB-rate is rough too. Allowing a 34 Hard%. Allowing a .286 wOBA to RHB on a .204 BABIP, so a huge reverse split may be lurking.
    • Quintana struggles vs RHB are mainly BABIP-driven.

BAL at OAK

• OAK was once top-5 vs RHP, but now in a free fall. 30th overall last 30 days.
    • BAL 9th vs RHP, but just 22nd overall last 30 days w/ a 22.2% K-rate.
    • Chavez allowing a .336 wOBA to LHB.

CLE at LAA

• LAA 8th vs RHP after starting the season bottom-5 for a long time. 2nd overall last 30 days.
    • CLE in free fall after starting the year top-5 vs RHP. 25th overall last 30 days.
    • Richards is not fanning batters w/ his 18% K-rate, even though the SwSt% is great at 10.7. 8.1% BB-rate too.
    • Kluber owns a massive 27.4% K-rate backed by a 12.8 SwSt|%. DEF issues in CLE will keep his BABIP high.

SEA at COL

• SEA 5th overall last 30 days.
    • COL 103 wRC+ vs RHP. 116 wRC+ overall last 30 days.
    • Felix is still elite even w/ the blemishes this season. Tonight is not the night to use him though. His BABIP vs LHB is calling for a little regression.
    • Butler 11.9% BB-rate. Getting CRUSHED by everyone.
  • ChoppoDong

@wuchild97 said...

lester and liriano out. blows.

Game back on MLB……Liriano out – confirmed.

• Rico13

Thanks

• ChoppoDong

Per usual…….my bats are smoking hot and my pitchers dropped the soap. Well, it’s usually the other way around, but either way……soap is slippery. Someone always seems to be dropping it in my lineups.

• deejones49

Roth warned us.

• TeamTwerk

Do you think management of the two teams talk during delay and agree to pull starters or do you think both teams independently reached the same decision?

• lionssuck

Don’t think I’ve seen somebody hit for the cycle by the 5th inning before

• emac

@TeamTwerk said...

Do you think management of the two teams talk during delay and agree to pull starters or do you think both teams independently reached the same decision?

Because the pitchers likely cooled down for a long enough period of time, it did not make sense to have them warm up again and tweak/pull something.

• cjs5555

@TeamTwerk said...

independent. in all likelihood each of them will start again in 3 days.

• Mindofigor

If i was management and knew a delay was coming, I’d let a bull pen pitcher start and then after the delay put my ace. Baaam

• dpadilla

Pierzinski is trying to win me some money tonight. Tying home run and bought me some more giants ABs

• jshackmann

Right after the Chris Davis HR pulls me into the cash in spite of Liriano, that is when Richards decides to give up a HR on his own which puts me out of it

• Olhausen

Absolutely makes me sick to my stomach with liriano being out. Of corse it happens to be the night I play the most money I have in months. The one lineup that could save me is a Richards lineup at 140 with 40 plus left. But I already know he will give up 10 cause the dfs goods hate me lately.

• txdave41

McCullers may actually end up giving me my worst pitcher score ever. -4.67 right now. lol TG I only threw him in a $1 flyer GPP.

• iamleddy

Liriani and Wiley in all my lineups tonight, I picked some winners!

• cjs5555

heavy exposure to solarte and amarista tonight…offsetting the pain of having liriano in every lineup

• Mindofigor

Got solarte, castillo, seager and nelson cruz in my lineups to offset liriano. Cashing nicely in everything

• cjs5555

of course, who hasn’t homered tonight? (except goldschmidt of course… also owned him in a few)

• silverblazer36

ALL the pitchers are getting lit up tonight lol

• cjs5555

a little bit of sweating….

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/8018358?uc=108458958

• raul214

Wtf San Diego!!!

• raul214

@cjs5555 said...

a little bit of sweating….

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/8018358?uc=108458958

Good shit man GL!

• cjs5555

thanks!

• dragon1952

Man I am sick to my stomach…I’ve got 148 pts for my non-pitchers with 17 inn left and a freakin’ -16 pts for McCullers/Cain….7 goddamn HR’s and a pair of fucking duds at P.

• raul214

Anybody cashing in the 275k on DK?

• Mindofigor

I had nathan karns… gave me 19. so clutch with all things considering

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).