8:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 144 ) at Texas ( -156 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 201 ) at Chi Cubs ( -220 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -166 ) at Milwaukee ( 153 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 151 ) at Houston ( -164 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -130 ) at Kansas City ( 120 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -140 ) at Colorado ( 129 ) —- T: 10.5
    10:05 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 138 ) at LA Angels ( -150 ) —- T: 9
    10:15 PM EST : Arizona ( 143 ) at SF Giants ( -155 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• firemedicpat

@BRORANNOSAURUS_FLEX said...

All you can do is use your best judgement and play the odds in situations like this. I lost a lot of money on tonight’s cancellation, too. Nothing that I was noticing, or Roth was reporting, screamed “fade.”

Yeah, rough night all around for anyone who did good research.

• gravitymaze

Removed J.D. Martinez for Ryan Braun at the last second anyway so deserve to lose.

• Olhausen

@mchrisman said...

Colo game was an easy fade anyways – rain or no rain

You obviously don’t know anything about dfs Man. I have Dodgers through out my lineups because they were very lowed owned due to fish like you that think this way. Of course I know they are bad vs lefties but they are in coors field against a young pitcher and I’m right were I wanted to be tonight. I have a 5 man Dodgers stack sitting at over 100 points and only 58 points from 1st. All the Dodgers were under 10% and most I had were under 5 percent. If they go off I easily have a top 10 Gpp finish tonight with the position I was in. If it wasn’t in coors I would not be this pissed but I didn’t even plan on going with any Dodgers until the end of my reaserch today because I had a good feeling they were going to go off. Either way I’ll never know now but thanks for rubbing it in my face.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

and now it’s offically over for the night. 13 straight days. Thanks for nothing Johny.

• tnib

Insane. I had Cron, Davis, and Freeman in my LU while waiting on the weather update and when it was a pretty sure play in COL, I swapped them out for Culberson, Kendrick, and Betts 5 minutes before lock. If Duvall hits two out of the park in the late innings, I’m OK. But it looks like a huge night just turned into a big loser….grrr!!! Ironically, a dude named fairweatherfan had a double stack with all of his hitters from Coors field. Looked like a brilliant and gutsy play…and he gets dead last…oyyy!

• Olhausen

All you can do is use your best judgement and play the odds in situations like this. I lost a lot of money on tonight’s cancellation, too. Nothing that I was noticing, or Roth was reporting, screamed “fade.”

That sucks man, I’m sorry to hear that. I wouldn’t be so mad if I wasn’t struggling so bad in the second half this season. I’ve done a little better lately and then tonight 7 out of my 8 Gpp lineup’s were in a killer position and then the rain comes. One thing for sure is I’m not blaming Roth at all. I know how weather works and there’s no way he could have predicted a rain storm was going to pop up right over the stadium and sit there for hours. It’s funny cause he even said coors hasn’t burned us yet so let’s hope it doesn’t tonight.

• jayzee666

You don’t fade the CURSE, the CURSE fades you!!

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

At least the weather report thread has been removed.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Two weeks ago it was the perfect time to take two weeks off and get ready for NFL

Killed me mockingly…. So much weird stuff

• satchmo77

The best thing about Tuesday night is that when you get screwed, you only have to wait a few hours to make things right lol. Rough night.

• gravitymaze

@Unico10 said...

Two weeks ago it was the perfect time to take two weeks off and get ready for NFL

Killed me mockingly…. So much weird stuff

Can’t believe its almost NFL time. Much easier to pick then MLB imo

• y2mulder

They started a game between 10-11pm local time earlier this year, if I remember correctly. They always have tremendous patience with the weather.

I was at a game that started at 9:50 last month where the field was covered in HAIL. The only way a game gets called here is if a storm just camps over downtown all night…..which is what happened today.

Sometimes the 1% chance gets you.

• satchmo77

@slpanthers24 said...

and now it’s offically over for the night. 13 straight days. Thanks for nothing Johny.

13 days no cash at all, or 13 days finishing in the red every day?

• ASalvaro

@gravitymaze said...

Can’t believe its almost NFL time. Much easier to pick then MLB imo

MUCH and so is nba and nhl…mlb dfs is all random

• yoshi2132

@Olhausen said...

You obviously don’t know anything about dfs Man. I have Dodgers through out my lineups because they were very lowed owned due to fish like you that think this way. Of course I know they are bad vs lefties but they are in coors field against a young pitcher and I’m right were I wanted to be tonight. I have a 5 man Dodgers stack sitting at over 100 points and only 58 points from 1st. All the Dodgers were under 10% and most I had were under 5 percent. If they go off I easily have a top 10 Gpp finish tonight with the position I was in. If it wasn’t in coors I would not be this pissed but I didn’t even plan on going with any Dodgers until the end of my reaserch today because I had a good feeling they were going to go off. Either way I’ll never know now but thanks for rubbing it in my face.

You realize That Anderson, in his his 9 starts in coors, hasnt blown up once? He faced the Dodgers there last time & he demolished them.

• gravitymaze

@ASalvaro said...

MUCH and so is nba and nhl…mlb dfs is all random

So true and like some have stated here weather has cost them good money tonight. Out of the big four in term of sports MLB has the most variables to consider.

• cjs5555

@y2mulder said...

I was at a game that started at 9:50 last month where the field was covered in HAIL. The only way a game gets called here is if a storm just camps over downtown all night…..which is what happened today.

Sometimes the 1% chance gets you.

exactly. i think the other thing here is this was a divisional game. a lot easier to make up. the hail game was interleague play…they waited it out because it would have been really hard to make the game up.

• gravitymaze

cmon simmons

• Olhausen

@yoshi2132 said...

You realize That Anderson, in his his 9 starts in coors, hasnt blown up once? He faced the Dodgers there last time & he demolished them.

So When max schurzer and Steven Strausburg pitched in coors earlier this year No one should have stacked against them because the hitters had no chance right? Apparently you are just as bad as that fish that posted because what I did was a viable strategy. I mean what was I thinking? No way the great Tyler Anderson gets blown up at coors. GTFO

• cjs5555

@Olhausen said...

So When max schurzer and Steven Strausburg pitched in coors earlier this year No one should have stacked against them because the hitters had no chance right? Apparently you are just as bad as that fish that posted because what I did was a viable strategy. I mean what was I thinking? No way the great Tyler Anderson gets blown up at coors. GTFO

LAD and COL stacks both good ideas tonight. Ownership a bit suppressed because the pitchers have quality stats, so the upside is much higher than a typical Coors game where everyone is the chalk.

• Olhausen

@cjs5555 said...

LAD and COL stacks both good ideas tonight. Ownership a bit suppressed because the pitchers have quality stats, so the upside is much higher than a typical Coors game where everyone is the chalk.

Thanks, I understand it could have gone no where but the upside was amazing tonight. My lineup’s were incredible tonight before the coors game even started so that’s why I’m so mad. These couple of people trying to rub it in is weak as well. I’ll make sure to kick them while they are down the next time they post about a bad break.

• tonytone1908

Yup, Coors is never a clear “fade.” The upside is just way too high.

Nothing you can do about a storm that pops up and just sits there for hours. I swear when I looked at the radar that thing was not moving, it actually spread out compared to how it started.

• zline34

@Olhausen said...

Thanks, I understand it could have gone no where but the upside was amazing tonight. My lineup’s were incredible tonight before the coors game even started so that’s why I’m so mad. These couple of people trying to rub it in is weak as well. I’ll make sure to kick them while they are down the next time they post about a bad break.

I was going to stack Coors in about 40 lineups tonight, but I had a bad gut feeling. Weather has cost me some big money in the past, so I made half of my lineups Detroit/Cleveland mini stacks which worked out great. I still made some money despite 20 dead lineups, but I think Coors could have been a high scoring game at very low ownership.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Now Tyler anderson is over 7k for the day game tomorrow, wtf

• Dolphins2016

@zline34 said...

I was going to stack Coors in about 40 lineups tonight, but I had a bad gut feeling. Weather has cost me some big money in the past, so I made half of my lineups Detroit/Cleveland mini stacks which worked out great. I still made some money despite 20 dead lineups, but I think Coors could have been a high scoring game at very low ownership.

Is there a reason why DK and other sites don’t wait for the game to be played the next day before ending the contest? Because it unfair as hell… especially if someone has 3 or 4 players left and over 100 points.. Or at least give the entries who had players left in a postponed game a refund.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).