2:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 0 ) at Houston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    2:20 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 129 ) at Chi Cubs ( -140 ) —- T: —
    3:05 PM EST : Detroit ( 157 ) at Texas ( -171 ) —- T: 11
    3:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 119 ) at Colorado ( -128 ) —- T: 13.5
    4:07 PM EST : St. Louis ( 125 ) at Oakland ( -135 ) —- T: 9
    4:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 129 ) at LA Dodgers ( -140 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:10 PM EST : Washington ( -147 ) at Arizona ( 137 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Boston ( 110 ) at NY Yankees ( -120 ) —- T: 10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jayzee666

REAPER VERY happy today.
    His is on a serious streak again.

• Coheedrodeo

anyone not getting Smeltzer pts?

• Giez

Houser can’t throw after 2 strikes I swear… damn Heyward

• CJtheGrump

• CJtheGrump

Well today I can only hope a Twins stack was chalky in cash games. I hate baseball sometimes. I wanted to just go with Verlander, but to do that meant I’d have to take a 2nd pitcher who is likely not cash-game playable or at least 5 hitters who are not cash-game playable just to make the salaries work.

• wpatrigo

Grisham with the late bomb!

• SoreOnSunday

Smeltzer doesn’t get the win??

• NYGfan1983

173.95 DK Mini Max my best score

Castellanos 5 hurt me and so did Beaz 5

• TnCowboy

10 lineups. 142.75 best. 89.75 worst. 3 Houston bats that cost $15k between them combined for 0. Ugh. That’s baseball dfs.

• tristanwolf

ugggh really need corbin to get out of this mess.

• SoreOnSunday

Naturally i posted earlier I didn’t feel good about this slate…and i crushed it…i guess i just need to make myself uncomfortable before lock from now on lol because every time I feel good I bust

• yisman

I went double cheap at P today with Smeltzer and Smyly. Smeltzer delivered, but that Leury Garcia GS really hurt Smyly.

• thetitanlb

David Price is the scumbag of the damn century smh

• thetitanlb

Holy crap. Yankees are legit rolling out half a AAA lineup and price cent even navigate that. Total joke. Release that punk

• thetitanlb

Man…..

• Njsum1

@maxrluminox said...

I hit 202 last night with a mix of players including Torres. The reason why he was a good play was the Vegas Total and he went from hitting 7th to cleanup-3rd. The spot was good.

The Vegas total on every Sox-Yankee game is high unless Sale is pitching, and even then it’s over 9. Just because a player gets a good spot in the batting order, doesn’t mean he’ll hit a homerun, yet alone 2, especially when the player has struggled versus that handedness of pitcher as well as that particular pitcher.

My complaint about Torres was that his ownership was inflated because of his price. As if he knew it was time to stop sucking against the Red Sox, left handed pitching, and Brian Johnson because DK gave him a discount.

Price doesn’t mean much for hitters in MLB…a player is either going to hit a homerun and steal some bases, or maybe a multi rbi double or triple or not. If I pay 2500 for a player and he gets a 0, he hurts my lineup, if I pay 6k for a hitter and he hits a 3 run homer I’m all good. A players either going to hit or not is my point, and price only matters to an extent.

Torres was not a good play, because if he was 5300 no one would have played him, even with the good batting order spot, and decent game total. People will play expensive players in good spots at almost any price. He only got ownership because of his low price. Meaning he would have been 4% owned at best in the 4800 to 5300 price range (not over 20%), and his big game wouldn’t have pushed my lineups down the payout scale.

• thetitanlb

Prife is getting smacked by Tauchman, Higasoka, Maybin, and Ford. Who ever the hell those AAA players are. Let that sink in

• Njsum1

Interesting….Gleyber is 5100 tomorrow in a much better matchup on a similar size slate as yesterday. He’s likely to retain his batting order spot, he’s on the road (chance for extra at bats) against a pitcher he’s homered off of and struck out against in 2 at bats (doesn’t mean much, yet its not discouraging), and whose handedness the stats favored until he homered off of Johnson yesterday. Now his splits are about even. And the o’s staff is just generally terrible all around.

Let’s see if he’s 20% owned again. IMO he deserves to be, as his expected output for tomorrow should be significantly higher than it was yesterday. His price is about 25% higher than yesterday, yet this spot seems to be at least 25% better.

Yet I doubt he will be as highly owned, which will prove my hypothesis correct, that he got ownership yesterday, not because he was a good play, yet because he was cheaper than normal.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).