7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 160 ) at Atlanta ( -174 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 117 ) at Milwaukee ( -126 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Kansas City ( 169 ) at Chi Cubs ( -185 ) —- T: —
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( 165 ) at Colorado ( -195 ) —- T: 12.5
    9:10 PM EST : Texas ( 131 ) at Oakland ( -142 ) —- T: 8
    9:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -122 ) at San Diego ( 112 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:10 PM EST : Houston ( -128 ) at Arizona ( 107 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -192 ) at Seattle ( 175 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• cheezpizza

Lynn and Hendricks are my top pitchers today.

• Ndepompei

@cheezpizza said...

Lynn and Hendricks are my top pitchers today.

Lots of good spots for pitching tonight thinking ownership will be pretty spread out

• JIB7

Yeah lots of interesting places to go for pitching. I like Heaney against the Mariners. Heck, John Means May not even be awful… Marlins going to have an AA line up out there?

Also considering Luzardo.

• BigRay

@JIB7 said...

Also considering Luzardo.

I think that is a good play, hopefully the A’s bats meet some Lynn regression.

• BigRay

Time to eat some chalk Rockies against gascan man

• FantasyKLC

FanDuel showing Scherzer starting. I thought it was Corbin.

• RudyPujols

Wow, what a contrast. An abundance of viable SP options. Only about 5-7 who get the auto-fade imo. Over 10 of them are potentially in play. Might be a day to take a hard stance on 3 or 4 teams to stack and just rotate SP combos.

• JIB7

Really like the idea of stacking Rockies/Orioles, but I’m always hesitant to stack 2 home teams. A lot of potential AB’s lost, especially if you dip into the lower part of an order.

• yanksfan1

Does Luzardo get to 5 innings?

• JIB7

@yanksfan1 said...

Does Luzardo get to 5 innings?

If he’s effective, I think so. The articles seemed to indicate that the whole point of his relief outings was to stretch him out to put in the rotation. 44 pitches first outing, 67 the next. I guess that means 80-90 tonight.

• BigRay

Last night the A’s broadcasters seemed to think 5 innings

• yanksfan1

5 innings leaves possibility for W points on FD but not the QS, then again not a lot of P are getting to 6 IP anyway and the reason you take Luzardo imo is so you can stack the Rockies

• JIB7

McMahon or Hilliard?

• lester461

Decent chance Scherzer is starting and he’s 7100 on DK. Why does DK always price down top tier pitchers when they’re not starting?

All Da LUZARDO!

• Ndepompei

@lester461 said...

Decent chance Scherzer is starting and he’s 7100 on DK. Why does DK always price down top tier pitchers when they’re not starting?

Scherzer is starting tomorrow

• goboltsgo

woodruff or fried on dk?

• BigRay

@yanksfan1 said...

5 innings leaves possibility for W points on FD but not the QS, then again not a lot of P are getting to 6 IP anyway and the reason you take Luzardo imo is so you can stack the Rockies

correct

• lester461

@goboltsgo said...

woodruff or fried on dk?

Woodruff

• goboltsgo

@lester461 said...

Woodruff

Thanks tilt entered SE for MLB bc NBA has me pulling my hair out the last few days. Have the extra 200 to move up to fried. Now just hoping that im not taking bats from games that dont go.

• hithisisnom

I like Marquez in GPP today at seemingly no (?) ownership. He absolutely has the strikeout upside to break the slate and if they’re not hitting the ball, it won’t really matter what park he’s playing in.

Not a faint-of-heart play but, if he winds up being the one that stands out in that 8k range, could be a nice differentiator.

• BigRay

So we are in an Aerial Acrobatic delay in Minn. Stupid drones

• wpatrigo

@hithisisnom said...

I like Marquez in GPP today at seemingly no (?) ownership. He absolutely has the strikeout upside to break the slate and if they’re not hitting the ball, it won’t really matter what park he’s playing in.

Not a faint-of-heart play but, if he winds up being the one that stands out in that 8k range, could be a nice differentiator.

On a small slate I might go here, but he’s got mammoth splits at home. If you’re chasing cheap K’s, you can save money on Luzardo or even Javier. In order for Marquez to return value, you’re going to need Woodruff/Heaney/Luzardo/Fried to all bust, which means it will more than likely be a lineup out of left field like Seattle that brings down the slate anyway.

• stellagirl

RG just blasted a notice that the MIA/BAL may be delayed as MLB is waiting for final Markin’s COVID test results.

If the slate locks and that game ends up delayed then PPD, any idea if we will be able to late swap, since we’d have already passed the scheduled starting first pitch?

• hithisisnom

@wpatrigo said...

On a small slate I might go here, but he’s got mammoth splits at home. If you’re chasing cheap K’s, you can save money on Luzardo or even Javier. In order for Marquez to return value, you’re going to need Woodruff/Heaney/Luzardo/Fried to all bust, which means it will more than likely be a lineup out of left field like Seattle that brings down the slate anyway.

Yeah I like that crew also, particularly Woodruff (and am using them some too) but I don’t even think they need to bust. If they go for 20ish DK and Marquez goes for 35 DK, that’ll do it also. I don’t think that’s a particularly LIKELY outcome, I just don’t think being in Coors affects Marquez’s ceiling, which is what I’m interested in in a low-owned GPP play.

Ask me about this again after Yaz deposits the third pitch into the empty bleachers and I start kicking myself for not going with a much better/more obvious choice.

ETA: Marquez had a much worse ERA at home last year, but struck out 2 more batters per 9, and actually had a better FIP and xFIP. Even in Coors, a .388 BABIP seems insane. Considering San Fran’s middling total (under 4.5 in Coors), something about this just sticks out to me. I think the floor and median are still low ofc, but the ceiling seems the highest at the price point.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).