4:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -172 ) at Seattle ( 158 ) —- T: 8.5
    6:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -147 ) at Philadelphia ( 136 ) —- T: 10
    6:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 108 ) at Cleveland ( -116 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:07 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -157 ) at Kansas City ( 144 ) —- T: 9
    7:07 PM EST : Houston ( -131 ) at Arizona ( 121 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 122 ) at Atlanta ( -132 ) —- T: 9
    7:35 PM EST : Baltimore ( 105 ) at Miami ( -114 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 115 ) at Chi Sox ( -124 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• mbunner23

Who we stacking??

• BigRay

The obvious are Yankees, Angels, Cubs. But I think I like the White Sox.

• HoodsFromTheWood

Props to Hithisisnom’s call on the under-owned and over-powering D-back O last night. Curious how you got there??

• wpatrigo

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Props to Hithisisnom’s call on the under-owned and over-powering D-back O last night. Curious how you got there??

Two days in a row on these calls working out. Dude is on fire.

• Yeoman

I’m trying to wrap my head around this statistic: the batting average, for both sides, in Cleveland Indians games this year is .185. I know it’s only 13 games (which unfortunately is already almost 1/4 of the season) but that’s ridiculous. Their own batting average is worse than any team’s season average in history; their opponents’ is worse than any opposition season BA in history, and it’s not particularly close on either side.

• Ndepompei

@Yeoman said...

I’m trying to wrap my head around this statistic: the batting average, for both sides, in Cleveland Indians games this year is .185. I know it’s only 13 games (which unfortunately is already almost 1/4 of the season) but that’s ridiculous. Their own batting average is worse than any team’s season average in history; their opponents’ is worse than any opposition season BA in history, and it’s not particularly close on either side.

They got 2 hit back to back games this weekend can’t get anything going. I think their rotation is easily the best in baseball don’t think any other team really has an argument. The games have been painfully boring to watch I’m a huge fan and have had to switch to different games for the last week or so.

• Yeoman

@Ndepompei said...

They got 2 hit back to back games this weekend can’t get anything going. I think their rotation is easily the best in baseball don’t think any other team really has an argument. The games have been painfully boring to watch I’m a huge fan and have had to switch to different games for the last week or so.

#4 through 9 in their batting order has a total of five extra base hits, two weeks into the season. Take out Lindor and Ramirez and the team is slugging .201.

It’s a trip back in time: I’ve always been a closet fan of the deadball era. (G. H. Fleming, The Unforgettable Season)

I’ve stopped thinking it’s a statistical fluke—the bottom of their batting order is horrendous, well below replacement level offensively (though they do their part for the other stat too). They may very well have the best pitching/defense and worst offense of any team in my lifetime. (Maybe ever?) And at the same time.

• hithisisnom

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Obviously I hit the good side of variance there but I took a couple things into account:

Lance is coming off of a long layoff and probably still has some rust to shake off. Especially as a curveball heavy dude, if that thing isn’t biting, I figured it could be a long night. I saw a pretty low-priced team, with above average hitters, at no ownership, against a dude who mostly throws breaking stuff coming off of a year-long layoff. Plus the total kinda confirmed that; for the ownership they were getting, you’d think they had a 3.2 total or something, instead of a moderate mid 4’s one. That’s basically exactly what I’m looking for in a GPP scenario, the rest is pretty much hoping luck goes my way.

• zeeshan2

@hithisisnom said...

Obviously I hit the good side of variance there but I took a couple things into account:

Lance is coming off of a long layoff and probably still has some rust to shake off. Especially as a curveball heavy dude, if that thing isn’t biting, I figured it could be a long night. I saw a pretty low-priced team, with above average hitters, at no ownership, against a dude who mostly throws breaking stuff coming off of a year-long layoff. Plus the total kinda confirmed that; for the ownership they were getting, you’d think they had a 3.2 total or something, instead of a moderate mid 4’s one. That’s basically exactly what I’m looking for in a GPP scenario, the rest is pretty much hoping luck goes my way.

who do you like tonight? :P

• hithisisnom

@zeeshan2 said...

who do you like tonight? :P

Man, nothing stands out to me tonight yet. Like, at all. I might just not play much volume tonight and go full homer (Yankees) on the teams I do make, since I’ll probably watch that game anyway and it gives me something to sweat. Probably try to get a little bit weird with the stack though, something like Torres-Stanton-Voit-Urshela.

• Clyde

The only place I’ve seen the Baltimore Miami game being played in Baltimore is on Kevin Roth weather report…every other place has it in Miami…anyone know for sure?

• hithisisnom

It’s at Orioles Park but Miami is “home”

https://www.espn.com/mlb/game?gameId=401234051

• jayzee666

@hithisisnom said...

Man, nothing stands out to me tonight yet. Like, at all. I might just not play much volume tonight and go full homer (Yankees) on the teams I do make, since I’ll probably watch that game anyway and it gives me something to sweat. Probably try to get a little bit weird with the stack though, something like Torres-Stanton-Voit-Urshela.

With Yankees, nothing is “Weird”. Everyone in that LU can hit a HR except Torres and Stanton lately. When everyone finally stops using them they will go off. You go contrarian and play bottom of LU and gets offset because top of LU goes off too.

• noddy

@mbunner23 said...

Who we stacking??

O’s

• hithisisnom

@jayzee666 said...

With Yankees, nothing is “Weird”. Everyone in that LU can hit a HR except Torres and Stanton lately. When everyone finally stops using them they will go off. You go contrarian and play bottom of LU and gets offset because top of LU goes off too.

This is extremely true, I think the Yankees are almost always overowned and slightly overpriced and therefor -EV.

However, I hate this slate and I’m a homer so here we are, really. Tossed in a Miami secondary stack to differentiate a little bit.

100% Chatwood/Pearson……….. TAUCHMAN/ROBERT…….. few Stanton’s, K & S Marte!

• EricQ23

white sox cubs stack looks like the way to go

• wpatrigo

Love Pearson and I am playing him a ton tonight, but I gotta run out at least one braves lineup with Tauchman if he implodes

• noddy

Weather issues in Baltimore? I have 5 hitters from that game. What should I do?

• jayzee666

@noddy said...

I am leaving them in. The hitters I replace them with will get the same score anyway.
    Hey, Pearson already getting shelled. Him and Chatwood combo already visited by the REAPER.

• jayzee666

Hey, a SO throw him out DP! Yep, I have both those guys in all of my LUs!!
    REAPER has not missed a beat!

• TheKris

@mbunner23 said...

Who we stacking??

Braves and Cubs. With Chatwood and Lindblom on the mound.

• TheWeeIceMan

Chatwood turns back into a pumpkin.

• Yeoman

I’m thinking the play is to take both SPs in every Cleveland game and work from there.

I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking that, and it’s probably chalk by now. I see two of those in top ten in the $250k at DK.

• noddy

@noddy said...

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I took out Nunez.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.