1:08 PM EST : Kansas City ( -121 ) at Detroit ( 112 ) —- T: 8.0
    2:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 108 ) at Milwaukee ( -117 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:05 PM EST : Arizona ( 138 ) at Washington ( -150 ) —- T: 8.0
    7:05 PM EST : Boston ( 134 ) at NY Yankees ( -145 ) —- T: 9.0
    7:07 PM EST : Minnesota ( 167 ) at Toronto ( -182 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Miami ( 104 ) at Atlanta ( -113 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:05 PM EST : SF Giants ( 116 ) at Chi Cubs ( -126 ) —- T: —
    10:05 PM EST : Houston ( -130 ) at Oakland ( 120 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• JHols1nger

Might be the ugliest day of baseball all year, especially with potential weather issues. Probably a good day to take off if you’re into that kind of thing.

• RockyTop55

I’m a degenerate. I’ll be playing all day.

• wuchild97

all day rain or shine homie

• chiwork

f**king weather killing the early morning slate. May take it off or put pennies in.

• fija1001

Houston and NYY stacks worked so well last night, might as well run them back tonight!

• Gryphiona

@fija1001 said...

Houston and NYY stacks worked so well last night, might as well run them back tonight!

stacks seem overrrated in my opinion – when i look at the winning GPP’s each night, more often then not its having 2-3 hitters from a team. sometimes i’ll go 4 in coors field but thats about it.

• McGibblets84

@Gryphiona said...

stacks seem overrrated in my opinion – when i look at the winning GPP’s each night, more often then not its having 2-3 hitters from a team. sometimes i’ll go 4 in coors field but thats about it.

When I stack, I usually do 3-3-1-1. It allows me to get the offenses I want, but leaves me wiggle room to exploit a matchup or two that other players have.

• shockermandan

I’m a big fan of fading the chalk pitchers in short slates of games, but I don’t think there’s any avoiding Greinke in the early games.

• chiwork

@shockermandan said...

I’m a big fan of fading the chalk pitchers in short slates of games, but I don’t think there’s any avoiding Greinke in the early games.

Without Wacha youre correct

• cdome06

RG Overall Ranking

This early slate is tricky

• Wrightime

To bad mets are off today cant use a pitcher from them

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Baseball is more variance driven than any other sport. Use that to your advantage. When 30% of the players are on Nelson Cruz in Coors and you have a 3% Owned Yasile Puig just behind him allowing you to go from Underpriced and over owned Chris Young to overpriced and under owned Starling Marte, you do it.

It’s not the optimum lineup. The winning lineup almost never is.

Cruz and Young homer? You lose out on $3 as 10% had them both. They go 0-4 and Puig and Marte homer? Welcome to the top 1%.

• HungryHungryHip

How many Dodgers do you need(or want) in cash today? That’s a low line for them. Is Buchanan actually GULP an okay SP2??

Talking early only slate. Not playing late slate because pitching is even worse.

• deejones49

All over the Philly stack

• ElwoodB

@fija1001 said...

Hey, when Altuve got hit by the pitch in his last at bat, I made money!

• crazypaul

Looks like 2 of the early games may get rained out, or at least affect the starters. It’s going to take some creative lineup building with only 3 of the games really being playable.

• McGibblets84

@ElwoodB said...

Hey, when Altuve got hit by the pitch in his last at bat, I made money!

This is funny because that HBP took one of my teams into the money too

• dw12290

@deejones49 said...

All over the Philly stack

shhhhhh

• ElwoodB

I think the 4pm game should be on the early slate. At it is it doesn’t exist. Why doesn’t Fanduel ever listen?

• enchantedllama

Is the game in Cinci gonna happen or what?

• ElwoodB

Looks really really wet!

• kjkeelty

Reds host the Cards again in September, so no huge incentive for them to force the game to happen today.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear it get ppd before locks.

• johnnyjakes

Anyone have insight as to how the rain will affect the St L/Reds game? I know physically that it looks like a washout,but how long will they delay the game before calling it? I’ve seen the radar model showing it clearing by 330-4, but would they delay that long? Or just cancel. They’ve got a lot of daylight to work with.

• BittyBittyBitty

@Yukerboy said...

Baseball is more variance driven than any other sport. Use that to your advantage. When 30% of the players are on Nelson Cruz in Coors and you have a 3% Owned Yasile Puig just behind him allowing you to go from Underpriced and over owned Chris Young to overpriced and under owned Starling Marte, you do it.

It’s not the optimum lineup. The winning lineup almost never is.

Cruz and Young homer? You lose out on $3 as 10% had them both. They go 0-4 and Puig and Marte homer? Welcome to the top 1%.

This is it, exactly. I get that conventional wisdom would put everyone on Cruz, but the early slate yesterday only had playable pitchers, in the same game, at over 8K, making Cruz very difficult. And was he that much better a play than Cargo at 1K less.

The early slate poses some similar dilemas due to rain.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).