7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 0 ) at Atlanta ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Houston ( -257 ) at Chi Sox ( 234 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 100 ) at Minnesota ( -108 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:15 PM EST : St. Louis ( -121 ) at Kansas City ( 112 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -113 ) at Arizona ( 104 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -117 ) at Oakland ( 108 ) —- T: 9
    10:07 PM EST : Baltimore ( 104 ) at LA Angels ( -113 ) —- T: 9
    10:15 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -171 ) at SF Giants ( 157 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• yisman

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Good overlay in that contest, way to snipe that out yisman. The pitching payup was the safest way tonight. I just was traumatized by Arrietta last night lol I got killed paying up, really gotta leave the past slates behind you every day I guess.

I did the same last night. I posted in the thread that I played a $400 qualifier for some massive DK tournament. I used Arrieta/”(player-popup)Carlos Martinez”:/players/carlos-martinez-14636.

A lot went wrong last night but it looks like almost everything went right tonight!

• yisman

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Well Garza isn’t good against lefties and the total was high and he was 3k. I don’t think anyone expected multi dongs but you gotta remember his triple dong game last year. Guy put up like 50 + so his ceiling is obviously there.

I’m just sad I didn’t get my boy rosario in there too, would have put me across instead off Yelich just continuing my horrible streak.

I’m sure plenty took Kepler and the others.

I’m not sure how to respond to the post you responded to.

They were good picks to fit in Sale/Kluber.

Were they genius picks that no one else figured out? No. They were logical because the reality is, if you used Sale/Kluber, your options were narrowed significantly. Not many choices.

I played Sale/Kluber on yahoo too and I basically had to spend the minimum at most positions as a result. For example, there I had Pedroia and Hernan Perez because they were the only viable cheap guys at 2B and 3B.

This is all repetitive, though, because I already made a long post about my thought process.

Kepler was not at all a “lottery ticket”. He was a smart play. The concern was just that he’d be chalky because he was so cheap. How could you not use him when you needed a 3k or below OF to make the lineup work?

What I consider lottery tickets are when I see guys using outright crappy players batting 8th or 9th (who are obviously 1% owned or less) and the guy goes off. That’s simply guys making 20+ lineups and hitting their “lottery ticket” on one. I made one lineup.

• yisman

@Dirt_Lavert said...

yo unless the A’s (not K Davis) hit about 3 dongs you have that thing locked up man I’m breaking out the champagne if I were you. 10 k is quite the haul man!

to explain why I was making oblivious posts:

I almost never follow my contests live. I copy down my lineup to a notepad and then watch the condensed games after they end (when my lineup is entered for at least $150). I often don’t watch any games live because there’s simply too many to follow at once.

• yisman

@yisman said...

yeah, he ruined my 8 PM arcade slate. I felt he had to be the pitcher for that.

On the other hand, his struggling helped me do well on the main slate because I used Kevan Smith.

just looked it over.

My second highest dollar entry was the 8 PM arcade.

Came close.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/43209319?uc=795826040

• madmanjayWV

@dragon1952 said...

Kepler was about as much of a reach as Kevan Smith. The fact that guys (like me) who took a Sale/Kluber LU and had to find a bunch of low value guys shouldn’t pat ourselves on the back too much for totally lucking out on guys like that because, under normal circumstances, those guys wouldn’t have even been on our radar. So bottom line…we fucking pulled a couple guys out of our ass so that we could take the top 2 pitching options. Seriously guys…you’re taking credit for Max Kepler knowing he would do that? No….he was just a recognizable name at low cost when you were going through your options and saying, oh my god…who the fuck am I going to take? Let’s at least be honest.

ARE U krazy?

KEPLER was a REACH??? on what planet?

in cash games i guess…? (I don’t play cash b/c those peeps are way smarter than I am)…………but GPPKEPLER in the 2 hole vs. the BREWERS? NO WAY…………..and once u took KKKluber and XSALE u had to consider KEVAN SMITH —————- he was a 5+% +- no-brainer — MLB is the greatest…….

I don’t c why anyone should apologize in MLB DFS for taking either K.SMITH OR KEPLER? seriously? that’s your argument, here? i mean I guess to each his own…

I wanted PANDA other nite and he got a double..but I couldn’t even take him on FD…he wasn’t even an option today ..STILL>>>>>

I mean I barely had a top 3.4% LU – 2 nite — for example in DK the WORLD SERIES FREE ROLL thing they are doing..
    I mean I am totally at elite sucking pathetic levels……..I blow so bad that I get a gift 90+ pts from 2 STALLION SPs — and everyone knows I loathe pitching..b/c “they all suck”….

BUTKLUBER 44.95 (27.5%) and SALE 46.2 (36.4%)? what other way was there to play? that’s the %-owned in the 20,000+ GPP DK FREE ROLL this evening (Btw DK — LUV the IDEA)…..

Tonight ——- BRO who got the WS trip CRUSHED and MAULED EVERYONE — he beat them like a red-headed step child..pardon me, 2 the gingers in the room, but you have the right 2 call it whatever u wanna call it.

P.S. — I didn’t mean this to be a rip and if you are saying — dragon1952 — that it was dumb luck you and I and a decent % of ppl rostered the quartet of Sale/Kluber and landed on Smith and Kepler — maybe u honestly should be patting yourself on the back and thinking about the couple plays that got away — b/c while a ton of peeps had the obvious PITCHERS…hitting is always a different ballgame!

Winning World Series ticket LU
    K. Smith 5.5% 31pts; M. Adams 1.5% 8 pts; DOZIER (y did I fade) 3%, 30 pts; W.Va. JEDD Gyorko 3.1%, 26 pts; OZZIE ALBIES (finally faded on FD, never had on DK but IMO was in play) 3.7%, 3 pts;
    A. GARciA 1.6%, 19 pts…; OBDUEL H. 6.2%, 38 pts..always one of my FAV MLB PLAYERS…KEPLER 9%, 35 pts..

Dude rolled a 281.15 — i have no clue if it was entered into cash games or any otha DK GPP

I had Smith and Kepler — busted on JUDGE/BELLINGER 11 pts……
    9.9% PUNT CHEAPO Nats Adrian Sanchez was 13 pts..
    I had a sexy flier on SF’s #2 hitter 0.4% owned Miguel Gomez, but he got hurt #0 pts…..Tim Anderson and Sean Rodriguez got me 15 pts…196.15 is a far cry from 281.15 pts of domination..

I just don’t think people should be bashed/considered LUCKY b/c they were smart/lucky enough to land on 5+- and 9% ish +- SMITH/KEPLER combo..that’s the whole beauty of MLB #BEISBOL — everyone has the same chance to pick the exact same players…….. i suppose u can call it luck…but for max entry peeps who can develop that perfect core and then load up on the 1 offs..that the beauty of DFS domination.

• madmanjayWV

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Notorious played Miguel Gomez who left the game and that’s his last guy and he’s on the line. What a bad sweat there.

#SMARTMINDS THINK ALIKE #sub1%owned

• madmanjayWV

@darko3131 said...

I swear every time I decide to throw ownership projections and game theory out the window and just submit the best lineup I can with the studs I feel like are locks..good things happen. I remember being all about ownership projections in NFL last year up until one week later in the season when I said screw it and played all the players I felt strongly about, not worrying about chalk…and got a ticket to the FFWC.

I suck at fantasy baseball, lost quite a bit this year and decided to pack it in until football season… but I had a ticket to the mega-qualifier to use today. Decided to throw ownership and stacking out the window and started with my studs no matter what (Kluber, Sale, Healy, Bregman, Cruz) and built the team with discount bats around them. Luckily Kevan Smith and Kepler went off and now I have a ticket to the FBWC. I’m sure a tournament expert would rip my lineup construction apart, no stacking, planning on taking a 0 from Alcides lol Escobar and playing both chalky pitchers together but sometimes its the thing to do.

sWEET —- ^^ that’s what DFS MLB is all about — #TAKE IT DOWN use the exact same process……..

• yisman

^^ madman, exactly my thoughts on Kepler/Smith/etc.

for example, I played Kepler and Braun on both DK and yahoo in my single lineup. That wasn’t a dart (I did switch from Smith to Castro at C on yahoo, I just wanted to use extra salary. Only cost me $26 in winnings),

Smith was just the smart play on DK if you were doing Sale/Kluber. Same for Kepler.

• CJtheGrump

162 points did not cash in a double up.

• CJtheGrump

Might be the highest non-cash score I’ve ever had in MLB double ups..

• srcripps

• x5

Blogger of the Month

I had 227.6 FD pts last night and didn’t have K.Smith or Kepler. Came oh so close to an Enormous Grand Slam ticket (never been that close before). Oh what might have been!

• ebsteelers

me 2… 156 and all i have is this stupd email from draft kings!

• monaco712

@CJtheGrump said...

That’s insane. To many Babe Ruth’s in DFS very difficult to win.

• Njsum1

@monaco712 said...

That’s insane. To many Babe Ruth’s in DFS very difficult to win.

This is not out of the ordinary…it happens a few times per season in every single sport where the chalk just goes off. The high priced chalk, the low priced chalk, the mid priced chalk, all the chalk….and the double scores far exceed min cash in GPPs as such lineups are more chalky. Then the next day all the cashing scores come back down to earth.

• bigez952

@CJtheGrump said...

When nearly half the field went Kluber / Sale and got 90 points locked in between 2 players it makes for a crazy high scoring night. Last night was my first time ever breaking the 200 point barrier on Draftkings with 201.5 and it was a good night overall but far from my best of the season.

• CJtheGrump

280 took down the 4 seamer.
    It’s these kinds of results that make me think I should stop doing double ups and only do tournaments. Chalk this one up to a rare event and trust the process.

• txdave41

WTF, 169 score and I still couldn’t even cash a 50/50. Extremely discouraging to stack Houston, get the stack right, pitcher goes off and still can’t even minimum cash.

• mnstone14

194 for me and I got left with nothing.

• Dirt_Lavert

missed cash by a few points with Alonso Trout and Cano not showing up on the late slate. Was freaking crushing and I ended up losing a few bucks instead of winning a few. Damn.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).