6:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 176 ) at Washington ( -194 ) —- T: 9
    6:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( -104 ) at Philadelphia ( -106 ) —- T: —
    7:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( -157 ) at Kansas City ( 144 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( -141 ) at Texas ( 129 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -101 ) at Milwaukee ( -107 ) —- T: 9
    9:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 109 ) at Seattle ( -118 ) —- T: 9.5
    9:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 264 ) at LA Dodgers ( -298 ) —- T: 8
    9:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 146 ) at San Diego ( -159 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Bigbird08

Lol Carty used Matt Boyd and Kikuchi as his Sp’s yesterday. Does he normally use fringe plays as his sp’s like that?

• RudyPujols

@Bigbird08 said...

Lol Carty used Matt Boyd and Kikuchi as his Sp’s yesterday. Does he normally use fringe plays as his sp’s like that?

Boyd isn’t a fringe player (238 K’s last year) and Kikuchi was facing the Rockies in their first game out of Coors in awhile after inducing 20 swing and misses his previous start. I had a little Kikuchi and zero Boyd, but I don’t think the plays are odd.

Any arms of interest on the slate today other than a few palatable options on the West Coast?

• Bigbird08

@RudyPujols said...

Boyd isn’t a fringe player (238 K’s last year) and Kikuchi was facing the Rockies in their first game out of Coors in awhile after inducing 20 swing and misses his previous start. I had a little Kikuchi and zero Boyd, but I don’t think the plays are odd.

Any arms of interest on the slate today other than a few palatable options on the West Coast?

Well Bauer was only like 1.5k more than Boyd a clear top end sp on the night. Boyd and Kikuchi are mediocre arms both had era’s over 4.5 last year. Bauer almost outscored Cartys lineup himself yesterday lol.

• Bigbird08

@RudyPujols said...

I only like the west coast guys kershaw and paddack today which im sure everyone else will.

• RudyPujols

@Bigbird08 said...

Well Bauer was only like 1.5k more than Boyd a clear top end sp on the night. Boyd and Kikuchi are mediocre arms both had era’s over 4.5 last year. Bauer almost outscored Cartys lineup himself yesterday lol.

Oh I was 100% Bauer, not suggesting fading him was wise. Still don’t hate the contrarian Boyd/Kikuchi combo, although it clearly backfired as contrarian builds tend to do.

I’m with you, no arms other than late night I can get on board with. Should be chalk city arms and gotta get bats right.

• jayzee666

Just had to come on continue to brag about my success!!
    Yesterday, stack the Yankees, I 2 hit them!
    Today, I play the only 2 Yankees without a hit!
    I stacked the Tigers….except the ones that hit HRs already!!
    Dudes and Dudettes, if you want to win consistently, PM me for my picks stay the hell away from them!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT – As I am writing this success story DET hits 4 HRs. Just out of randomness I did get the one from Cron.
    Also got Greiner’s walk and Laureano’s K.

I should sweep the Afternon slate easily.

• hcassidy

I’m going to rail on the Indians!!! they could of sent Kluber their for Verdugo (legit LHB and 2 pitching prospects) One being May, they turned it down, then dealt for peanuts and some popcorn to Texas. Then the best one yet when they knew Kipnis was gone they traded Erick Gonzalez for Luplow and another trash boy outfielder in Moroff for a starting everyday player! Kid has proved it. So dang disappointing.

• feezyg

@hcassidy said...

I’m going to rail on the Indians!!! they could of sent Kluber their for Verdugo (legit LHB and 2 pitching prospects) One being May, they turned it down, then dealt for peanuts and some popcorn to Texas. Then the best one yet when they knew Kipnis was gone they traded Erick Gonzalez for Luplow and another trash boy outfielder in Moroff for a starting everyday player! Kid has proved it. So dang disappointing.

they prolly figured they were set on medium power left handed bats and made a futile attempt to get some good righty bats….Kluber was damaged goods so you’re correct they should’ve taken that deal and then flipped Verdugo. Really wasn’t much they could’ve done outside of getting K/HR dudes like Puig or Kemp anybody would be better then who they’re throwing out 5-9….

• jayzee666

@jayzee666 said...

Just had to come on continue to brag about my success!!
    Yesterday, stack the Yankees, I 2 hit them!
    Today, I play the only 2 Yankees without a hit!
    I stacked the Tigers….except the ones that hit HRs already!!
    Dudes and Dudettes, if you want to win consistently, PM me for my picks stay the hell away from them!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT – As I am writing this success story DET hits 4 HRs. Just out of randomness I did get the one from Cron.
    Also got Greiner’s walk and Laureano’s K.

I should sweep the Afternon slate easily.

1 for 7 in early Slate. Even with having five Tigers in a few of them.
    Have a few Reds stacks…….but no Suarez of course. If I had him some one else I didn’t have would have homered.
    Good start so far for night slate. Good chance to sweep tonight…I have a good feeling!

TOR/BOS stack underwhelms early.. say COL/SEA stacks take it tonight. 2 very weak pitchers going. Very heavy SEA bats.

• jayzee666

Mr. Trout, meet the REAPER!
    It was time to cool off his streak!

Castellanos about to SO with based loaded.

Night going perfectly as usual!

Misery.. needed Trout and Casty. Goose Eggs.

• jayzee666

I am calling it early 30+ lineups, 0 cash. Includes 3 hockey, 1 NBA, 1 PGA. Sweep it!!!!

Got some night lineups but those are already dead. Total of 40+ for the night!! This is getting boring. Too damn easy!!!!

• jayzee666

The final nail in the coffin….Buh Bye Mr. Kershaw.
    Complete and utter domination tonight.

Tomorrow, Braves get the REAPER treatment and VV pitches like a Cy Young candidate!!

• SkateFiend

There’s practically no offense from 70% of teams in any given slate. Or it feels that way.

• NextSignal

lol Kershaw

It was such a dumb play but a reminder to always throw something, at least a mini stack, at any obviously high owned pitcher. Austin Slater with a double dong, unreal

The ongoing Cueto no-no on the other side is just pure dumb ridiculousness however. Hard to ever consider playing that one.

• txdave41

So freaking sick of seeing these batters reward Chipotleaddict when they won’t do jack squat if I pick them. Piss off Gallo, you jerk. Playing MLB is just pure rage inducing misery. Time to quit for good.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).