1:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 189 ) at Cleveland ( -206 ) —- T: 7.5
    2:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 147 ) at Milwaukee ( -160 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Texas ( 198 ) at NY Yankees ( -216 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:07 PM EST : Boston ( -160 ) at Toronto ( 147 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 0 ) at Tampa Bay ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 147 ) at Houston ( -160 ) —- T: 7
    8:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -134 ) at Colorado ( 124 ) —- T: 10.5
    10:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 124 ) at SF Giants ( -134 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• MrPerfekt7

Man Gio Gonzalez is 6200 on Dk 👀, that bait is very tempting especially to fit in some stacks.

To pay up for Kluber or not?

Mil stack definitely LU worthy right now. Mixed in with a National/Braves or 2. And maybe a one off Padre player

Thoughts?

• superjon

Gio’s advanced numbers look really good. He’s been streaky this season and did have a good outing vs Atlanta last time.

That being said, the price screams TRAP. I won’t tell anyone not to play him, but I can’t do it. He should get some decent ownership from the gamelog watchers. Probably not enough to be chalky, but enough that it makes sense to fade in GPPs

• superjon

As of now, I’m going with

Kluber – ATL Stack
    Kluber – WAS Stack
    Sanchez – Lindor
    Sanchez – Ramirez
    Erlin – Lindor and Ramirez

• MrPerfekt7

@superjon said...

As of now, I’m going with

Kluber – ATL Stack
    Kluber – WAS Stack
    Sanchez – Lindor
    Sanchez – Ramirez
    Erlin – Lindor and Ramirez

Gambling on Erlin? I have him in one LU as well to make some things fit.

No love for Mil?

• BUFUu2

in this early slate is guerra seems to me in the best matchup and should be a lock for his price

• superjon

@7klub06 said...

Gambling on Erlin? I have him in one LU as well to make some things fit.

No love for Mil?

I have a little Braun and Schoop. That’s about it for Milwaukee.

I think Erlin is a good pitcher.

• superjon

I know the main slate is a ways off, but I have a really strong feeling that Renato Nunez is going to have a monster game.

You heard it here first.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@superjon said...

Gio’s advanced numbers look really good. He’s been streaky this season and did have a good outing vs Atlanta last time.

That being said, the price screams TRAP. I won’t tell anyone not to play him, but I can’t do it. He should get some decent ownership from the gamelog watchers. Probably not enough to be chalky, but enough that it makes sense to fade in GPPs

Game log watchers? Gio has averaged 8.57 DK points in his last ten starts. He’s been abysmal, and has the worst recent advanced numbers of any pitcher on the early slate. There’s a reason he’s $6,200.

It’s funny to see that just a few weeks ago he was over $10k.

• superjon

@Epignosis said...

Game log watchers? Gio has averaged 8.57 DK points in his last ten starts. He’s been abysmal, and has the worst recent advanced numbers of any pitcher on the early slate. There’s a reason he’s $6,200.

It’s funny to see that just a few weeks ago he was over $10k.

I meant game log as in last game vs ATL

• BUFUu2

@superjon said...

I meant game log as in last game vs ATL

If i recall gio has had one good game this year against atl but most of them he got shelled I think it was gio who i am thinking about… My problem today is kluber getting 25-40 dk points or 18 for some reason i think it will be smart to stack against kluber and go berrios just to be different but that will either give you a total of 30 points or 60 lol I think i will be doing one of each

• superjon

@BUFUu2 said...

If i recall gio has had one good game this year against atl but most of them he got shelled I think it was gio who i am thinking about… My problem today is kluber getting 25-40 dk points or 18 for some reason i think it will be smart to stack against kluber and go berrios just to be different but that will either give you a total of 30 points or 60 lol I think i will be doing one of each

Berrios good GPP play. Can’t say I’ll be playing him though.

In terms of ownership from highest to lowest on FD. I’d say

Guerra
    Kluber
    Sanchez
    Berrios
    Gigi
    Erlin

• BUFUu2

@superjon said...

Berrios good GPP play. Can’t say I’ll be playing him though.

In terms of ownership from highest to lowest on FD. I’d say

Guerra
    Kluber
    Sanchez
    Berrios
    Gigi
    Erlin

total agree with you on that Erlin will be the best gpp play for lower ownership but i think he will only pitch around 3 innings Guerra will be the highest owned and I can’t say that i don’t blame it I am going kluber/guerra with a little wash stack have to throw some min batters in it to work but also thinking about going berrios/sanchez mixed with atl and clev hitters and a few mil bats yea that is the only thing i got right now may just do a stupid lineup as well with gig and erin and stud hitters but can’t decide on that

• MrPerfekt7

@BUFUu2 said...

Definitely feeling a Berrios/Guerra stack in a few LUs for DK. think this is the day the Indians let folks down

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@7klub06 said...

Definitely feeling a Berrios/Guerra stack in a few LUs for DK. think this is the day the Indians let folks down

I think the Indians more often than not have been letting people down the last week or two. Personally I think this is the day the Tribe finally get to Berrios. In his career he’s been worse on the road, worse in day games and they have a pretty hitter friendly umpire in Adrian Johnson for today’s game. I would think a full Tribe stack would be fairly contrarian relative to a 3-game slate too considering most people will start their builds with Kluber/Guerra, which once you plug in Lindor and Ramirez only leaves about 3.5K per position. You have the risk of going with Berrios against one of the most talented offenses in baseball, versus the risk of stacking the Tribe against a talented young pitcher that still goes off the rails from time to time. I’ll take the Tribe.

• superjon

Agree on Berrios splits.

I’ll take CLE at home.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Harper scratched.

• BUFUu2

@Epignosis said...

Harper scratched.

yep makes sanchez more appealing i am just getting a bad feeling about berrios and sanchez will be playing them both together incase i am prolly wrong but building most my lineups today around cleveland washington with me doing that makes sure you guys load up on det minn i do have a lot of atl as well so today the teams that will hit will be sd mil and minn just saying it now cuz i will be at the bottom lol

• superjon

Potential cheap low owned leverage plays against a chalky Guerra

Spangenburg
    Franmil Reyes

• tbird05

Jesus Aguilar will be a million percent owned #FD pricing

• PhoFever

Is there a soul out there who plays all-day slates? I’m wondering how people see the Braves on the all-day menu. Their 5-8 are very cheap, making it easier to play Kluber/Verlander lineups.

• tbird05

nevermind

• tbird05

if you think Charlie Culberson with homer in 4 straight games by all means

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@tbird05 said...

if you think Charlie Culberson with homer in 4 straight games by all means

I think he’s a good fade considering he’ll be highly owned on the early slate, but he doesn’t have to hit a HR. He’s still a .283 hitter with an .821 OPS who usually produces points when he starts and gets 4 or 5 AB’s.

• MrPerfekt7

Man Guerra is gonna be chalky
    Have Guerra/Sanchez 2LUs, Guerra/Berrios, Guerra/Kluber.

Thinking of a Kluber/Berrios and a few cheap bats in there from Atlanta/SD/Mil

Thoughts

• BUFUu2

@7klub06 said...

Man Guerra is gonna be chalky
    Have Guerra/Sanchez 2LUs, Guerra/Berrios, Guerra/Kluber.

Thinking of a Kluber/Berrios and a few cheap bats in there from Atlanta/SD/Mil

Thoughts

I like it,,,, I just don’t have the balls to do it to be honest…. I was going to do one like that but decided against it i just think that game one team will be hitting and destroying each others pitcher I am really leaning toward kluber getting his ass kicked… Minn traded there best players but on early day slates it seems like the way the games suppose to go never goes that direction

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).