7:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -112 ) at Cincinnati ( 103 ) — T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -144 ) at Minnesota ( 133 ) — T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( 152 ) at Milwaukee ( -165 ) — T: 9.5
    8:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 127 ) at St Louis ( -137 ) — T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -138 ) at Seattle ( 128 ) — T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 126 ) at San Diego ( -136 ) — T: 9.0
    10:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 162 ) at LA Dodgers ( -176 ) — T: 7.5
    10:15 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -111 ) at SF Giants ( 103 ) — T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mr_papageorgio

@zeeshan2 said...

Don’t know who to play at 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lol

3rd I am deciding between Dozier, Machado, and Gio

First either Bell, Ford, Moreland, or Aguilar

Bell seems lost right now so I’d stay away from him. I have Moreland and I’d go Aguilar after him.

3rd I would rank them Machado > Dozier > Gio.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Better off me than me. I don’t know who I’m playing anywhere.

Just spent 20 minutes trying to get the LineupHQ to cooperate…. built stacks in batches and when I put it all together I have exactly 1/150 Tauchman 3/150 Tatis…. throwing everything in the trash and starting over.

• ASitar

Rank these 3 DK late slate P’s if you had $6k left

1) Smyly $5,800
    2) Beede $5,300
    3) Freeland $4,800

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@ASitar said...

1) Smyly $5,800
    2) Beede $5,300
    3) Freeland $4,800

1) Quantrill
    2) Smyly
    3) Beede

• damionismyname

@ASitar said...

I don’t think he’ll be in the METS LU!!!

I he’s batting 8th. 😅😅😅

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@ASitar said...

1) Smyly $5,800
    2) Beede $5,300
    3) Freeland $4,800

1, 3, 2.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Unico10 said...

1) Quantrill
    2) Smyly
    3) Beede

My bad Q is 6,200

Should have read your question more carefully

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

You could. I like Diaz like most probably would. I’m not playing Teheran at all on DK. No sir. If people want to overpay for 20 DK points, at best, chalk-o-rama have at it.

I hear you with Teheran if you’re going for spendy bats. Yet he seems like a “safe” (yes safe must always be in quotes when talking about anything MLB DFS related, it’s in the handbook) play. He likely gets you 18, and it’s not like he’s 12k, he’s 8800, plenty of room for decent bats and another solid pitcher.

• Pandamonious

@mr_papageorgio said...

Bell seems lost right now so I’d stay away from him. I have Moreland and I’d go Aguilar after him.

The question I have for you is….Are you playing Archer?

• zeeshan2

@mr_papageorgio said...

Thank you; how about 2nd?

• Pandamonious

@Njsum1 said...

I hear you with Teheran if you’re going for spendy bats. Yet he seems like a “safe” (yes safe must always be in quotes when talking about anything MLB DFS related, it’s in the handbook) play. He likely gets you 18, and it’s not like he’s 12k, he’s 8800, plenty of room for decent bats and another solid pitcher.

True. I just think if you’re going to go “safe” and look for points in the teens for less you can get Keller or Gio, then if you do want to take on a little more risk, but similar or more upside you can go Archer or even Happ really. Then also for only a little more you also can get Darvish who has several more points of upside I believe.

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

The question I have for you is….Are you playing Archer?

Not on purpose but I ended up with $7500 left for my SP “1” to pair with Smyly so yeah…I trust Gio (and Counsell for pitch count) even less than Archer. As much as I hate him and get tilted every single time I play him, the K upside is too much to ignore for the price.

• mr_papageorgio

@zeeshan2 said...

Thank you; how about 2nd?

I went with Moose. If you want to go cheap I think Diaz and Frazier are the best low end options, otherwise I’d probably go Altuve > Hiura > DJ at the top. Albies hits lefties well, it’s not a good matchup but I wouldn’t be shocked if he did something tonight.

Edit: Whit is a good option too against Edwin. Personally I’m not trusting the Royals on the road even against EJ but he’s reasonably priced and leading off for an offense that should have its way tonight.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

True. I just think if you’re going to go “safe” and look for points in the teens for less you can get Keller or Gio, then if you do want to take on a little more risk, but similar or more upside you can go Archer or even Happ really. Then also for only a little more you also can get Darvish who has several more points of upside I believe.

Yeah, all those guys you mentioned….same guy as Teheran. All solid mid price plays. No one stands out to me. Who knows which one is gonna go negative and who gets 25 to 30 DK. I like them all enough.

Happ is interesting, yet BlueJays been hitting lately, and not sure if he’s faced BoJacksonJr 😉 yet. Yet he’s done well in Toronto, yet he seems most likely to get bounced early. Again, I don’t see one significantly better than the other, all seem relatively similar. 🤷‍♂️

• Pandamonious

@Njsum1 said...

Yeah, all those guys you mentioned….same guy as Teheran. All solid mid price plays. No one stands out to me. Who knows which one is gonna go negative and who gets 25 to 30 DK. I like them all enough.

Happ is interesting, yet BlueJays been hitting lately, and not sure if he’s faced BoJacksonJr 😉 yet. Yet he’s done well in Toronto, yet he seems most likely to get bounced early. Again, I don’t see one significantly better than the other, all seem relatively similar. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, that’s my point. Same guys, with cheaper tags and lower ownership. Can’t wait to see how this ages.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Using Buehler, Julio, Keller, Quantrill, Beede, Smyly

• Pandamonious

@Unico10 said...

Using Buehler, Julio, Keller, Quantrill, Beede, Smyly

For 150 line ups?

• superjon

2 LU’s

Smyly and HOU stack

Julio and not sure yet.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, that’s my point. Same guys, with cheaper tags and lower ownership. Can’t wait to see how this ages.

Most MLB posts end up looking like a combination of curdled milk and month old sushi once the night is over. 🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮😁

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

For 150 line ups?

Yes. Have a total of 5 shares of Gio, Yu, Caleb, Miley. Everything else in that core of pitchers between 43% (Buehler) and 23% (Keller)

Haven’t maxed in a while…. Nice pay structure in the $11 for a change and experimenting a different way to build… I built in small batches with my core stacks rotating with that group of pitchers. My favorite stacks have both 5 + and 4-4 combos.

• yisman

@ASitar said...

I don’t think he’ll be in the METS LU!!!

He’s in the Mets lineup, batting 8th…

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Unico10 said...

Yes. Have a total of 5 shares of Gio, Yu, Caleb, Miley. Everything else in that core of pitchers between 43% (Buehler) and 23% (Keller)

Haven’t maxed in a while…. Nice pay structure in the $11 for a change and experimenting a different way to build… I built in small batches with my core stacks rotating with that group of pitchers. My favorite stacks have both 5 + and 4-4 combos.

Also I have little to no exposure to about half of the teams in the slate…. we’ll see how that works out.

• Pandamonious

@Unico10 said...

Also I have little to no exposure to about half of the teams in the slate…. we’ll see how that works out.

I’m basically all Royals, Brewers, Houston Yankees, Red Sox. Basically the obvious ones. Mixing in Marlins (mostly Diaz/Brinson/Anderson), Braves, Angels. That’s really it. A few one-offs from other places.

Buehler, Darvish, Smyly are by far my 3 highest pitchers. A little Gio, Archer, Keller, Freeland, Ray and Bieber when I can’t quite get to Buehler, but way more than what Darvish costs.

• Pandamonious

Have a little Cleveland too.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Have a little Cleveland too.

Similar. Also have TOR/SD/TB mixed in and no Marlins besides Diaz and no Braves

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).