• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -164 ) at Cleveland ( 138 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -195 ) at Chi Cubs ( 183 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -167 ) at Kansas City ( 154 ) —- T: 10
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -200 ) at Minnesota ( 168 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : Miami ( 210 ) at San Diego ( -230 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

Seems like plenty of pitching options for a small slate, even if you exclude the Cubs game because of weather. (Which I am, barring a positive update from Roth.)
    ~

• bangthedrummond

Contrarian stacks today – Marlins, Twins, Royals – and call it a day.

• ifthethunder

@bangthedrummond said...

Contrarian stacks today – Marlins, Twins, Royals – and call it a day.

I’m playing both pitchers in Miami – S.D s.d. Hope one of us gets it right!
    ~

• raptorsnacks

Giolito 6-7 with a 4.73 ERA against Minnesota in 15 starts.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@raptorsnacks said...

Giolito use to be bad when he came up. Struggled like a lot of young guys. I’d be more interested in what he’s done lately or more so their current lineup if playing into that at all.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

Giolito use to be bad when he came up. Struggled like a lot of young guys. I’d be more interested in what he’s done lately or more so their current lineup if playing into that at all.

Max Kepler has a .276 average with 3 homers against Lucas Giolito in 29 at bats. Most everyone else in Minny’s lineup today has a plethora of strikeouts in their BvP.
    ~

• monarch

@raptorsnacks said...

Minnesota also used to have Byron Buxton, Nelson Cruz, Josh Donaldson, Mitch Garver, Willian Astudillo….all not in the lineup today.

• miggs6876

@ifthethunder said...

Max Kepler has a .276 average with 3 homers against Lucas Giolito in 29 at bats. Most everyone else in Minny’s lineup today has a plethora of strikeouts in their BvP.
    ~

On FD, I’m just locking in Peralta for 700 more. Like a White Socks stack that includes Kepler. 3rd base looks pretty weak but I can’t afford to pay 4k for Machado whose on a pretty nice heater. A few Yankee bats should produce well but mostly fading them. Good luck everyone.

• raptorsnacks

There is a lot of merit from DFS pros on why history does not matter in baseball. That’s why they are pros.

• Texaspridejb

Watch that CHi game there’s 2 confirmed tornadoes on the ground just west of Chicago

• Breeze

@Texaspridejb said...

Watch that CHi game there’s 2 confirmed tornadoes on the ground just west of Chicago

Isn’t the game in Minnesota?

• Pandamonious

@Breeze said...

Isn’t the game in Minnesota?

White Sox are in Minnesota. The Cubs are in Chicago.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

White Sox are in Minnesota. The Cubs are in Chicago.

I put a couple of Wrigley bats in when Roth updated with ‘maybe late start and play.’ Not sure if to swap out again or sit and hope.
    ~

• Pandamonious

@ifthethunder said...

I put a couple of Wrigley bats in when Roth updated with ‘maybe late start and play.’ Not sure if to swap out again or sit and hope.
    ~

Don’t know. He said he’s going to update 20 minutes or so before the game locks.

Not making any final decisions until then.

• Texaspridejb

I’m listening to the Chicago news, there’s like 3 tornado warned storms walking that way, not sure of timing but a lot of rain

• Texaspridejb

And looks like I guessed right on the Indians getting to Castillo, they’ve been tearing it up lately

• Pandamonious

@Texaspridejb said...

I’m listening to the Chicago news, there’s like 3 tornado warned storms walking that way, not sure of timing but a lot of rain

Yeah, there’s storms coming. No one is questioning that. The question is, do they end soon enough and does the field stay intact enough, that a typical delay, late start situation happens or a PPD.

• BiGtIGeRs

Dang Castillo getting his shit rocked

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

Castillo paying off 🤡🤡🤡 hopefully I can work my way back on DK. Unlikely

• Texaspridejb

And that jram pitch was sat on he’s getting brutalized

• ifthethunder

@Texaspridejb said...

And looks like I guessed right on the Indians getting to Castillo, they’ve been tearing it up lately

I have a couple Castillo lineups. But I did put Amed Rosario in non-Giolito ones. And Myles Straw because he was cheap.

Did not expect Cincinnati bats getting shut down though.

P.S. I keep getting Lucas Giolito and Luis Castillo name-jumbled. I have both tonight…so far only one of them has sunk lineups.
    ~

• Texaspridejb

I think the Cincinnati bats may wake up once Garza leaves

• jv21

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

Anyone have premium too? I had trouble trying to late swap for dk. When I hit rebuild it wont use my build settings. So it just spit out all lineups with the base projections and I got like close to 100% yankees. Any suggestion on what to do? Its too late to fix it but good to know for the future.

• Pandamonious

@jv21 said...

Anyone have premium too? I had trouble trying to late swap for dk. When I hit rebuild it wont use my build settings. So it just spit out all lineups with the base projections and I got like close to 100% yankees. Any suggestion on what to do? Its too late to fix it but good to know for the future.

It’s been a while since I ran into this, but pretty sure when you rebuild it force disables stacks.

All you can do is move the ownership on guys up and down to what you want.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, there’s storms coming. No one is questioning that. The question is, do they end soon enough and does the field stay intact enough, that a typical delay, late start situation happens or a PPD.

I assume they can easily manage a double header tomorrow since they play Milwaukee again then. I got everything out except for one Contreras. I’m not messing with heavy rain and tornadoes. The Milwaukee side of that still has relatively high ownership, so we’ll see what happens.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).