7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Tampa Bay ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 125 ) at Chi Cubs ( -135 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -150 ) at Minnesota ( 138 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 115 ) at St. Louis ( -125 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 109 ) at Kansas City ( -118 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : Arizona ( 130 ) at Colorado ( -141 ) —- T: 10
    10:07 PM EST : Texas ( 111 ) at LA Angels ( -120 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : Atlanta ( -114 ) at SF Giants ( 105 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mr_papageorgio

Gio and Newcomb and stack Coors/Cubs seems way too easy

• Wooden_Bones

Philly interests me. Fedde doesn’t seem to have much in terms of strikeouts, and he tends to give up hard hits.

• Sizmik

@mr_papageorgio said...

Gio?

• Sizmik

i like Pitt, Mets and Philly

Newcomb and Kluber

• mr_papageorgio

@Sizmik said...

Gio?

Giolito. Despite his disaster of a start last time he’s been pretty good in the second half and $4700 vs the Royals is too cheap. After digging a little further I think I’m going with him and Kluber for pitchers today.

• Wooden_Bones

@Sizmik said...

i like Pitt, Mets and Philly

Newcomb and Kluber

I like those teams as well (Pitt less than the others), but man, it’s hard to say it out loud. All three frequently disappoint when in good spots.

• Sizmik

@Wooden_Bones said...

I like those teams as well (Pitt less than the others), but man, it’s hard to say it out loud. All three frequently disappoint when in good spots.

i think Pitt puts up a nice number on STL. Lineup is loaded with GB hitters and thats what Wainwright gives up…..i think itll be lower owned and i think they light him up. I like the Marte, Frazier, Bell stack….and Dickerson at 3600 is too cheap……i rarely make multi lineups but today might be the day to do it for me

• Messiah717

Forget the Mets and Phillies. They will almost certainly be washed out.

• frugal

@Messiah717 said...

My feeling as well. I also have a feeling the Coors game is going to be way lower than the projected O/U. Seems like a good night to pay up for pitching.

• Wooden_Bones

@Messiah717 said...

I’m hoping Roth’s analysis of the weather holds and the game plays. He’s usually pretty on.

I want to use deGrom on FD if it does.

• Wooden_Bones

Welp, no go for MIA/NYM game. Postponed.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@mr_papageorgio said...

Playing one line up. I think. Agree on going back to Giolito and Coors. No Cubs for me. Prefer Barria to Newcomb.

• frugal

My initial take was to load up on Cubs but Miley just handled them pretty easily. Need to think about that…

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

Anyone scratching his head on the CLE run total? I know they have been in a funk and will be in a pitcher park… still seems too low

• mike291md

The way DK has shrunken the size and prize pool money of MLB contests, you guys are true soldiers continuing to play, especially if it’s at high volume. Wish you all luck, I threw in one bullet – Cubs stack vs Miley.

Did very little to no research, hard to justify putting in the research time anymore for a $2k guaranteed or whatever. Very disappointed with how MLB got shrunken throughout the season in terms of contests sizing and prize money.

***Only referring to quarter arcades by the way, I can’t speak for the higher buy-in contests.

• Wooden_Bones

@Unico10 said...

Anyone scratching his head on the CLE run total? I know they have been in a funk and will be in a pitcher park… still seems too low

Yeah, I don’t get it. Castillo isn’t awful, but the Indians should have no problem getting 4+ runs tonight. They have too many good hitters to stay in a funk.

• Sizmik

@mike291md said...

The way DK has shrunken the size and prize pool money of MLB contests, you guys are true soldiers continuing to play, especially if it’s at high volume. Wish you all luck, I threw in one bullet – Cubs stack vs Miley.

Did very little to no research, hard to justify putting in the research time anymore for a $2k guaranteed or whatever. Very disappointed with how MLB got shrunken throughout the season in terms of contests sizing and prize money.

***Only referring to quarter arcades by the way, I can’t speak for the higher buy-in contests.

Baseball is the best sport for actual numbers guys on a night to night basis. Homework more times than not will translate into results. NFL is the hardest sport in my opinion, just not a large enough sample size

• Wooden_Bones

@Sizmik said...

Baseball is the best sport for actual numbers guys on a night to night basis. Homework more times than not will translate into results. NFL is the hardest sport in my opinion, just not a large enough sample size

Agreed. Plus, if you put enough LUs together in football you’re almost guaranteed an injury will screw some of them.

• Sizmik

@Wooden_Bones said...

Agreed. Plus, if you put enough LUs together in football you’re almost guaranteed an injury will screw some of them.

that and everyone is so good that its hard to get it right. They price up the big time guys like crazy and then you just have to guess on the others. Outside of week 1 where there was a pretty obvious spot to target and salaries were wild, this week should be quite a bit different. Some good spots but the pricing is a lot more tight….i got a 232 last week and wasnt even close to the big money in the milly…..thats a great score and i wasnt close lol

• tmarohl

I’m stacking Brewer righty’s, but that is because I am a homer.

• mr_papageorgio

Currently stuck on a plane for my second mechanical delay of the afternoon… hopefully I’m getting my run bad out this way and I take down some big $ tonight lol

• KindGuy

@tmarohl said...

I’m stacking Brewer righty’s, but that is because I am a homer.

Will you be doing the same once NBA season rolls around? Lots of Bucks stacks?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@elementasrat said...

I know I’ll be stacking Reggie, Blake, and Drum every night until Blake and Reggie get hurt, which means I’ll be doing that stack about 6 times this season.

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

I don’t stack NBA, except for occasional game stacks.

• superjon

Well I didn’t win $1,000 (https://rotogrinders.com/threads/possibly-my-last-weekend-of-dfs-for-awhile-2650770)

But thanks to the fact I’m still in Survivor Mode on FD, I can’t exactly self exclude myself just yet. Will need to rely on the old fashioned self control until I get knocked out. Which means only one MLB each day. Each one will have more risk than usual.

Starting tonight with Kyle Gibson as P.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler