7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Tampa Bay ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 125 ) at Chi Cubs ( -135 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -150 ) at Minnesota ( 138 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 115 ) at St. Louis ( -125 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 109 ) at Kansas City ( -118 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : Arizona ( 130 ) at Colorado ( -141 ) —- T: 10
    10:07 PM EST : Texas ( 111 ) at LA Angels ( -120 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : Atlanta ( -114 ) at SF Giants ( 105 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tbird05

the only team to stack Kluber with on FD was Phillies. Phillies are in the best spot so i stacked them with Happ, Marquez, and Newcomb. Gotta differentiate when u eat the chalk.

Kluber only 22%. Marquez will the the same then?

• yisman

so 2 minutes aftr lock, WSH/PHI postponed

smh, played Hoskins everywher

• tmarohl

@superjon said...

Well I didn’t win $1,000 (https://rotogrinders.com/threads/possibly-my-last-weekend-of-dfs-for-awhile-2650770)

But thanks to the fact I’m still in Survivor Mode on FD, I can’t exactly self exclude myself just yet. Will need to rely on the old fashioned self control until I get knocked out. Which means only one MLB each day. Each one will have more risk than usual.

Starting tonight with Kyle Gibson as P.

I took the Packers yesterday in the free survivor. I guess I am alive another week.

• superjon

@yisman said...

I only see it’s delayed

• Fortyoz40

I knew the game probably wouldn’t play. People need to do research.

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

Damn, it is not even raining there and I played a lot of Philly stacks.

• Fortyoz40

It’s been all over Twitter for hours

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

For the record, Kevin Roth repeatedly said it wasn’t weather related in Crunch Time for over the last 1/2 hour. Anyone watching that or his twitter would have known there was a chance it would get postponed.

• KindGuy

Wow, lol.

Yesterday, DeGrom scratched after lock.

Today, Phillies postponed after lock.

• yisman

late season MLB=late season NBA

two days in a row of this

deGrom yesterday now this game today

• Wooden_Bones

WTF is the WAS/PHI game postponed for? And FD doesn’t let you swap out players from that game now that it has “started’!

• tmarohl

This blows – I had Phillies in every lineup.

• yisman

Checked Roth’s report an hour before lock but didn’t think to check again close to lock

I missed out on a lot of action thanks to playing both nfl and mlb

Wishing I had stuck to nfl or rechecked report…

• tbird05

If you stopped doing weather research exactly 1 hour before lock you missed out on all the tweets about the field condition. Like I did. Had 14/20 Phillies stacks. This sucks bad. I been getting crushed the past month and now this.

• MisterMister

MLB doing a good NBA impression. I only had Nick Williams but damn 21% owned in one contest.

• tbird05

The main Phillies players are 26%-31% owned in the FD Squeeze.

• KindGuy

This legitimately feels like NBA DFS after the All Star break, lol. Even the cold weather makes it feel like NBA season.

• Sizmik

Yea, I had 4 phils, oh well….on to the next one.

• wg2403

RG Overall Ranking

if i had not listened to crunch at 630 i would never had know—-jeez cant track every little thing on twitter

• SpudCrowley

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

Fortunately I caught the news right before lock, had 3 Phillies. My highest stake cash game opponent has Arrieta, although I have Giolito so I hope he can just match the 0 and not go negative.

• tbird05

I wonder if the big mme reduced their ownership or were blindsided too

• yisman

The guy saying everyone should have known is being the hindsight is 20/20 guy

This was not something being talked about much

Watched both RG live shows. Got zero mention and the hosts were loving philly stacks

Philly chalk in the contests across the various sites so few knew about it

As for crunch time, I don’t watch it whether I am premium or not because I have too much to do before lock to pay attention to it.

Roth was unaware prior to the show because his report at 5:30 eastern didn’t mention it. (He posted update close to lock)

• tbird05

i mean the most damning tweets seemed to have came out about 5 minutes before lock.

• yisman

@tbird05 said...

i mean the most damning tweets seemed to have came out about 5 minutes before lock.

Yes

The tweets before that were just saying some concern

They didn’t think it would be postponed

Then right before lock it cracked that there were more serious concerns so you had to either be looking for news on twitter or watching crunch time

Straight out of nba playbook

Reminds me of pelicans game that got postponed

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@yisman said...

The guy saying everyone should have known is being the hindsight is 20/20 guy

This was not something being talked about much

Watched both RG live shows. Got zero mention and the hosts were loving philly stacks

Philly chalk in the contests across the various sites so few knew about it

Roth first tweeted about it at 6:27pm and that had my radar up. Saw nothing about it prior to that though I was off line for dinner with family from 545 to like 620.. So I was watching it and it didn’t look good so I pulled my Phillies. Seems like no one was hearing about it or aware of it especially since I entered a FD gpp late that had overlay, a $9 and Hernandez is 40.2% owned.

Tough break for those that had them.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).