8:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -127 ) at Texas ( 117 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 138 ) at Houston ( -150 ) —- T: 10
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 101 ) at Chi Sox ( -109 ) —- T: 10
    8:40 PM EST : St. Louis ( -150 ) at Colorado ( 139 ) —- T: 13.5
    9:45 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 113 ) at SF Giants ( -122 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:07 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at LA Angels ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -139 ) at San Diego ( 128 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -125 ) at Seattle ( 115 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Is Jeremie Rehak just like an amazing pitchers ump or is his 50 game sample size not enough volume to feel good about Nova?

Amazing seems strong, but certainly leans in the pitchers favor overall it appears.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@mr_papageorgio said...

Brinson batting second for $2k on DK. Also 2/2 with 2 homers against reverse split Chase for the BvP believers. Plus the ol’ revenge narrative. How do you not play him???

Ownership will be outrageous. Only reason I can think to not bother. A zero won’t hurt you that much though if it makes the rest of your line work and your line up puts in work.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Amazing seems strong, but certainly leans in the pitchers favor overall it appears.

23k rate vs 7 bb rate. Is there a more pitcher friendly ump?

• Njsum1

Best pitchers ump/with a long history is in Miami.

Chase may be reverse splits, yet he can still k righties. Big ballpark, so maybe the big fly’s stay in. Although he gave up 3 homers and 4 er’s Last time versus Miami, that was in Milwaukee (more of a hitters park), he also struck out 6 in 4 innings with a neutral ump.

Maybe he gets rocked, yet I like him here. Let’s see how this one ages…I’ll quote it later with either the glass of (fine) wine 🍷👍 or the wedge of (stinky) 🧀 👎🏻 Cheese.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

23k rate vs 7 bb rate. Is there a more pitcher friendly ump?

That’s fair. I guess then I might just revert to your question about sample size. He has a couple games this year with very inflated K’s. 34 in a game between Boyd and Nola and another 34 in a game between Syndergaard and Bumgarner. That can certainly inflate percentages.

I guess all in all, yes he’s a good pitchers ump. I liked Junis anyway, this just helps. Certainly adds some appeal to Nova.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Best pitchers ump/with a long history is in Miami.

Chase may be reverse splits, yet he can still k righties. Big ballpark, so maybe the big fly’s stay in. Although he gave up 3 homers and 4 er’s Last time versus Miami, that was in Milwaukee (more of a hitters park), he also struck out 6 in 4 innings with a neutral ump.

Maybe he gets rocked, yet I like him here. Let’s see how this one ages…I’ll quote it later with either the glass of (fine) wine 🍷👍 or the wedge of (stinky) 🧀 👎🏻 Cheese.

I think this is very fair as well. Danley definitely stands out as far as pitcher leaned umps. I think Chase is a fine play. I just hate playing a chalk pitcher whose most likely scenario is around 15 DK points. We know the tilt of Miami by now. Many great chalk plays have gone there to fail. It does pique my interest in Hernandez though.

• mr_papageorgio

My biggest concern with Chase aside from him not being that good is that I expect he will have a very short leash tonight. Lyles was cruising last night and got pulled after getting into minimal trouble in the 5th and I expect something similar tonight since the Brewers are basically in playoff mode now.

• monarch

Yarbrough>Fried for tonight?

• frugal

@Messiah717 said...

Is anyone else just sticking with MLB to complete the iron man achievement?

Need 20 more…

• Njsum1

@mr_papageorgio said...

My biggest concern with Chase aside from him not being that good is that I expect he will have a very short leash tonight. Lyles was cruising last night and got pulled after getting into minimal trouble in the 5th and I expect something similar tonight since the Brewers are basically in playoff mode now.

That’s a legit concern, getting pulled early.

I only have 1 lineup now, yet if I make another it will be a Miami stack, although I don’t think it will hit (terrible pun intended)

• telestraightshooter

I see “Bauer” written in chalk.
    but I balk
    his mean is 1 dk Pt in the 7 starts for Reds
    5 are below 10.45

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@telestraightshooter said...

I see “Bauer” written in chalk.
    but I balk
    his mean is 1 dk Pt in the 7 starts for Reds
    5 are below 10.45

I can’t believe the Reds are still trotting him out there. He’s obviously injured or broken. They’re not in a playoff race. Just let him go home and get ready for next season when you actually hope to need him. He is getting shelled. His last 3 starts he’s up to a 70% HC allowed and 101 MPH EV allowed.

Mariners make for an interesting low owned stack if doing MME.

• mr_papageorgio

Austin Riley just sitting there all quiet and sneaky at 4k on DK…wish he wasn’t batting 8th but I still like him tonight.

• telestraightshooter

@Pandamonious said...

His last 3 starts he’s up to a 70% HC allowed and 101 MPH EV allowed.

translation – he’s doing a “solid” for opposing batters

Sooo, why is he projected as highest owned SP in llineUP HQ?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

translation – he’s doing a “solid” for opposing batters

Sooo, why is he projected as highest owned SP in llineUP HQ?

Because he seems cheap for his history and the M’s love to K. I fully expect him to be highly owned. I though will have zero exposure.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

I think you’re going to need some Red Sox tonight..

• JTAx33

Anyone like Indians bats at all?

• telestraightshooter

@Pandamonious said...

Because he seems cheap for his history and the M’s love to K. I fully expect him to be highly owned. I though will have zero exposure.

I get the own% for GPP – but for CA$H?… me thinks +20% is N/A

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@JTAx33 said...

Anyone like Indians bats at all?

They’re in a good spot. I think there’s better spots, but it wouldn’t shock me if they put up double digits in runs and won people a lot of money. Suarez is terrible. The Angels bullpen is not good. There’s better offenses though facing just as bad of pitchers with questionable pens in better ballparks. Good ownership play with upside.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

I get the own% for GPP – but for CA$H?… me thinks +20% is N/A

No, yeah that doesn’t fit here. I’d think Chase and, I don’t know. Maybe he’s still chalky in cash. Obvious would be Buehler, but his price is kind of prohibitive with the bats, but maybe not.

• Messiah717

@Njsum1 said...

It’s actually 5 milly maker tickets, as the 25,000 crowns will put you in the diamond rewards for the month of October, which is worth an additional $60.

And yes, I’m pretty much still playing baseball for the Ironman, I think I posted that yesterday…haha

Think I’m going E. Hernandez and C. Anderson for sp1 and 2. Solid prices, solid umpire. hopefully one of them scores 20dk and the other doesn’t rocked 🤷‍♂️😉🍀⚾️

Thanks man. I forgot about the Diamond level.

• JTAx33

@Pandamonious said...

They’re in a good spot. I think there’s better spots, but it wouldn’t shock me if they put up double digits in runs and won people a lot of money. Suarez is terrible. The Angels bullpen is not good. There’s better offenses though facing just as bad of pitchers with questionable pens in better ballparks. Good ownership play with upside.

I’m greedy and entering a 23 person Wildcat satty so I think I’m gonna take a stand there and fade Coors

• aceurbanos

Cueto on a pitch count tonight?

• mr_papageorgio

I’m coming around to the Phillies tonight. Good hitting weather and no one is playing them. Plus, they need to win and should be motivated after getting smoked last night.

• monarch

Starting to like Elieser Hernandez better with that Brewers LU

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).