6:37 PM EST : NY Mets ( -200 ) at Toronto ( 170 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 105 ) at Kansas City ( -125 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : Oakland ( -181 ) at Texas ( 156 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 136 ) at Milwaukee ( -156 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 231 ) at Chi Sox ( -283 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -116 ) at St. Louis ( -103 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : LA Angels ( 109 ) at Colorado ( -129 ) —- T: 12
    9:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 138 ) at San Diego ( -158 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• zeeshan2

sigh so much potential for rain outs today

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@zeeshan2 said...

sigh so much potential for rain outs today

?

KC/PIT and MIN/CLE are the only two games with rain potential and they’re both “supposed” to be fine.

• zeeshan2

@Pandamonious said...

?

KC/PIT and MIN/CLE are the only two games with rain potential and they’re both “supposed” to be fine.

ah thanks; will you have a blog post up today? I enjoy reading them

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@zeeshan2 said...

ah thanks; will you have a blog post up today? I enjoy reading them

It doesn’t seem like it, as I haven’t started one, despite intending to. I started one yesterday then never got to finish it.

My kids starting school with this remote learning has taken a toll beyond what I imagined so far on my time and the change in my sleeping schedule is messing me with beyond what I thought possible. Then yesterday late morning my dog got sick and I’ll spare you with the details, but she had HGE (gastrointestinal hemorrhaging), and that entire situation basically wiped out my entire afternoon and into the evening, which is why I never finished yesterday’s blog.

I’m just worn out and having difficulty even analyzing anything long enough to form real thoughts.

I still don’t understand why the Angels are so cheap for Coors. Rockies prices are really fair and to an extent under priced too. I know they’ll be crazy chalk, but just hard to ignore.

Bieber seems to be slowly wearing down to normal. He’s struggling more his last couple starts to get through innings. The K-rate is still there and all, but dude is hitting 100 pitches in the 5th inning, which is killing his upside. I’ll probably sitll use him, but I don’t love him like I have.

• zeeshan2

@Pandamonious said...

It doesn’t seem like it, as I haven’t started one, despite intending to. I started one yesterday then never got to finish it.

My kids starting school with this remote learning has taken a toll beyond what I imagined so far on my time and the change in my sleeping schedule is messing me with beyond what I thought possible. Then yesterday late morning my dog got sick and I’ll spare you with the details, but she had HGE (gastrointestinal hemorrhaging), and that entire situation basically wiped out my entire afternoon and into the evening, which is why I never finished yesterday’s blog.

I’m just worn out and having difficulty even analyzing anything long enough to form real thoughts.

I still don’t understand why the Angels are so cheap for Coors. Rockies prices are really fair and to an extent under priced too. I know they’ll be crazy chalk, but just hard to ignore.

Bieber seems to be slowly wearing down to normal. He’s struggling more his last couple starts to get through innings. The K-rate is still there and all, but dude is hitting 100 pitches in the 5th inning, which is killing his upside. I’ll probably sitll use him, but I don’t love him like I have.

dude I am sorry about that; hope your kids and dog are ok. We all enjoy what you provide for us and life is bigger than sports so don’t worry about it

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

I still don’t understand why the Angels are so cheap for Coors. Rockies prices are really fair and to an extent under priced too.

I have a weird feeling Marquez delivers tonight. If Fletcher is back, the top of that lineup is pretty pricey really. Hard to pass on Trout in Coors at almost any price though. Agree on the Rockies.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@zeeshan2 said...

dude I am sorry about that; hope your kids and dog are ok. We all enjoy what you provide for us and life is bigger than sports so don’t worry about it

Thanks, it’s OK. Kids are fine, it’s just keeping me busy. You’d think 6-7 hours of sleep would be fine, but apparently 2-830 is not the same as 1230-7, as ever since the change I’ve been tired.

Dog should be OK. She spent the night in the “hospital” but doing well and am supposed to go get her later today.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

I have a weird feeling Marquez delivers tonight. If Fletcher is back, the top of that lineup is pretty pricey really. Hard to pass on Trout in Coors at almost any price though. Agree on the Rockies.

I should specify on DK.

Not sure who comes out if Fletcher is in, probably Thaiss. That still on DK leaves Adell at 2.5K, Bemboom at 2.7, Upton if he is in is 2.9, Simmons is 3.9, Ohtani, Rendon, Trout are priced where they always are and got zero Coors bump. Thaiss if he does play is 2.7K, Walsh is 2.5K

Normally when teams go to Coors everyone gets a price bump of some kind no matter who they are.

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

I should specify on DK.

Not sure who comes out if Fletcher is in, probably Thaiss. That still on DK leaves Adell at 2.5K, Bemboom at 2.7, Upton if he is in is 2.9, Simmons is 3.9, Ohtani, Rendon, Trout are priced where they always are and got zero Coors bump. Thaiss if he does play is 2.7K, Walsh is 2.5K

Normally when teams go to Coors everyone gets a price bump of some kind no matter who they are.

Yeah, the back half of that lineup looks much more reasonable specifically Walsh who’s on a bit of a heater. You’re right about not much of a bump outside Fletcher who might be at his season high. But 20.4K for the top 4 is tough to get to unless paying way down at pitcher.

• prime21

In my playoffs this week. Who would you start tonight. Cueto or Richards? They are playing each other and I have to start one.
    Thanks!

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@prime21 said...

In my playoffs this week. Who would you start tonight. Cueto or Richards? They are playing each other and I have to start one.
    Thanks!

Richards if had to choose.

• Volkster6

Richards for sure.

Soft pricing with elite arms up top makes for easier building lineups… exactly what DK would want after last nights nfl showdown…

Usually the only way to play Coors is all in or fade… That said, with the pricing as is tonight you can build so many Gio/Bieber stacks it’s unreal. Have to figure they’re both above 70%.

Doesn’t Castillo then fly under the radar? He throws a lot of Ks

• Volkster6

@Pandamonious said...

Thanks, it’s OK. Kids are fine, it’s just keeping me busy. You’d think 6-7 hours of sleep would be fine, but apparently 2-830 is not the same as 1230-7, as ever since the change I’ve been tired.

Dog should be OK. She spent the night in the “hospital” but doing well and am supposed to go get her later today.

Glad to hear. All the best Panda

• JIB7

Looking at the radar hard to see how the MIN game goes tonight. Rain seems to come in right at game time, and they are so quick to cancel games this year.

It does look like the rain may come an go after an hour, but how many teams are waiting out a 60-90 min rain delay these days when they can show up for the DH the next afternoon?

• Volkster6

Should depress Bieber ownership for sure

• frugal

@JIB7 said...

Looking at the radar hard to see how the MIN game goes tonight. Rain seems to come in right at game time, and they are so quick to cancel games this year.

It does look like the rain may come an go after an hour, but how many teams are waiting out a 60-90 min rain delay these days when they can show up for the DH the next afternoon?

I crossed that game off when I saw 100% chance of rain this morning.

• Storm

There’s no chance Triggs goes more than 4 innings right?

• Njsum1

Utter trash…no Barnhart or Dahl, now I gotta redo all my lineups.

How do the reds not play Barnhart..he absolutely owns wainwright and he didn’t play yesterday 💩💩💩💩💩

• mbunner23

Too easy to play Bieber/Giolito and 4 players from Coors.

• frugal

I take back what I said, LAA 1-5 way too cheap.

• cheezpizza

Have yall seen the radar for Minneapolis?
    Im not touching a game that looks like that with how quick they are to postpone

• Volkster6

@frugal said...

I take back what I said, LAA 1-5 way too cheap.

When you say too cheap what do you intend to play them in? For example the LAA 1-5 is too cheap meaning it’s the optimal cash build with Bieber and Gio… playing it in large field GPPs doesn’t make sense because it’ll be too chalky. Sure if you’re going to mme you can build a few different stacks with it but for SE and Max 3 id be leery

• Southie777

This DK pricing is absurd. I’ve barely touched MLB DFS this season, but I’ve played enough to know that this isn’t “the new normal”. If Giolito isn’t 85% owned, I’ll be shocked. And then you can pretty much fit him in with anyone you want. I think it’s gonna come down to picking the right cheap(ish) SP2 to really be able to stack up the bats. I’m staying away from Biebs with the weather and just a hunch!

• Southie777

Not saying that Giolito isn’t priced right, by the way. Just the fact that you can play him and still fit in so many bats you want. Obviously, a bunch of these chalky, cheap bats are going to underwhelm, but not all of them. Should make for a very interesting night, anyways!

• frugal

@Volkster6 said...

When you say too cheap what do you intend to play them in? For example the LAA 1-5 is too cheap meaning it’s the optimal cash build with Bieber and Gio… playing it in large field GPPs doesn’t make sense because it’ll be too chalky. Sure if you’re going to mme you can build a few different stacks with it but for SE and Max 3 id be leery

No interest in Bieber with the way the weather looks there and I don’t care much about ownership either especially on a slate this size, simply generating the highest score. Sure, I may have high-ish ownership on Gio and LAA 1-5, but the chances of all my other plays matching on a 10 game slate are very, very low.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.