7:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 179 ) at NY Yankees ( -195 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 164 ) at Washington ( -178 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Miami ( -122 ) at Philadelphia ( 113 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 201 ) at Cleveland ( -220 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -101 ) at Texas ( -107 ) —- T: 10
    8:05 PM EST : NY Mets ( 192 ) at Chi Cubs ( -210 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 155 ) at Minnesota ( -168 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:07 PM EST : Houston ( -134 ) at LA Angels ( 124 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Gokou

Grind Down for Early Slate actually coming out today?

• raymond333

Idk, but I’m doing a quin for the only early too (FD). I won mine yesterday, came in 7th with my quin and 138 pts.

The line that hit was – Giolito (who did decent), Perez, Encarnacion, Ramirez, Longoria, Lindor, Bruce, Ellsbury, and Jones as a punt.

For today, I think I’m gonna go Pomz at pitching, and a STL and CWS stack, with maybe a one off for Boston (trying to decide between Betts and Benintendi…but have Betts for now).

Anyone else playing the early only?

• deaddogseye

the Atlanta IRT is under 3 according to the First Look. That seems too low to me against Tanner Roarke. Anyone have any thoughts on that/

• raymond333

Ok I went Benintendi, Bradley Jr, and J Martinez in OF.

Question I’m stuck on. For SS- Dejong (who I have in now), Cozart, or Tim Anderson. I’m stuck, anyone have a suggestion on which to go with?

• Ronboogie6

@raymond333 said...

Idk, but I’m doing a quin for the only early too (FD). I won mine yesterday, came in 7th with my quin and 138 pts.

The line that hit was – Giolito (who did decent), Perez, Encarnacion, Ramirez, Longoria, Lindor, Bruce, Ellsbury, and Jones as a punt.

For today, I think I’m gonna go Pomz at pitching, and a STL and CWS stack, with maybe a one off for Boston (trying to decide between Betts and Benintendi…but have Betts for now).

Yeah I am… I’m going with Pomz as well with a STL/BOS stack. Not sure where I am going for a one off though.

• superjon

@raymond333 said...

I am. I like Pom as well. I plan on having a little exposure to some Cin bats since I’m fading Weaver.

I won’t be doing a full BOS stack, but as a mini or one-offs. I do like Bogaerts, Betts, and Bradley the most.

As a strictly GPP play I’ll take a flier on Candelario at 3rd.

• lloydjv1

@raymond333 said...

I am for sure and like your thinking. I can’t think of a single reason to roster any bats from DET or OAK though.

• Ndepompei

@lloydjv1 said...

I am for sure and like your thinking. I can’t think of a single reason to roster any bats from DET or OAK though.

no reason to roster cheap DET against Shields? I know they’ve been horrible but Shields can always blow up

• lloydjv1

@superjon said...

I am. I like Pom as well. I plan on having a little exposure to some Cin bats since I’m fading Weaver.

I won’t be doing a full BOS stack, but as a mini or one-offs. I do like Bogaerts, Betts, and Bradley the most.

As a strictly GPP play I’ll take a flier on Candelario at 3rd.

That CIN/STL game is perplexing. I am also having a hard time justifying Weaver as SP2 against the Reds sticks. There is Shields and save a few bucks in salary against a Tigers team that is all but done, but what if Weaver throws some rare gem and shuts down CIN?

• tonedefrob

Battery info:

Early

• Bell is worst with McCann (who is confirmed catching)
    • Shields sucks with Smith or Navarez, good with Soto (2 starts)
    • Gosset not great with Phegley (confirmed catching)
    • Pomeranz good with Vasquez (confirmed catching)
    • Garret sucks least with Barnhart and most with Turner. Sucks overall.
    • Weaver great with Molina, sucks with Kelly (Molina caught last night, could sit for day game after night game)
    • Godley great with Iannetta, no 2017 Herrmann data but still better and great with Iannetta career (Herrmann caught last night)
    • Bettis meh with Lurcroy, crap with Wolters (one start, Lucroy caught last night)

Main

• Tanaka is a lot better with Romine than with Gary
    • Miley sucks with Castillo and sucks a bit less with Joseph
    • Roark is the same with either Lobaton or Wieters (gives up a few less hits with Lobaton)
    • Folty is the same with either Flowers or Suzuki
    • Urena is a lot better with Ellis than Realmuto
    • Lugo sucks with Plawecki, sucks less with D’Arnaud
    • Cashner the same with any catcher
    • Felix better with Ruiz this season, better with Zunino career in a much larger sample
    • Thompson good with Alfaro, ok with Rupp, garbage with Knapp
    • Junis sucks with Butera, sucks a little less with Salvy, good with Gallagher
    • Tomlin is better with Perez
    • Anderson sucks with Montero, good with Maile (one start), hasn’t been caught by Martin
    • Berrios has been best with Garver, then Castro (though with lower Ks), then Gimenez (but higher Ks). Likely will have Garver or Gimenez.
    • Peacock best with Gattis, Centero, ok with McCann (not great), sucks with Stassi (one start)
    • Nolasco best with Graterol, meh with Maldonado, garbage with Perez (one start). Not great with any.

It’s a bummer Jen-Ho Tseng isn’t in the player pool. Gets the garbage Mets AND Bill Miller behind the plate in his debut.

• lloydjv1

IDK, Weaver is a fresh young arm, decent ERA, good K ratio, and doesn’t give up the long ball often. Big concern I am looking at is how deep into the game he will go. Percentage wise as early pitching goes, has to be Weaver/Pom, right?

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

kinsler and nicky are solid value on DK, and yes, i’ll be weaver/pom too…that’s really the two best upside spots on the slate and reasonably priced for a 3 gamer

• raymond333

So SS- I have Dejong, but also looking at T Anderson and Cozart. Do you all think Dejong is decent, or would one of the other two be recommended?

• tonedefrob

@lloydjv1 said...

Percentage wise as early pitching goes, has to be Weaver/Pom, right?

Pretty much everyone will be going there. I’m bummed Godley isn’t on the slate to play.

One thing to note – Garrett/Weaver have a good ump, Gossett/Pom have a crap ump.

If you want to YOLO the slate, pair one of them with Shields or Garrett (yeah, I know) and stack against the other.

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

@deaddogseye said...

the Atlanta IRT is under 3 according to the First Look. That seems too low to me against Tanner Roarke. Anyone have any thoughts on that/

current line is 3.7 for atlanta. the far crazier thing is roarke’s price on DK 10.2K

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

@raymond333 said...

So SS- I have Dejong, but also looking at T Anderson and Cozart. Do you all think Dejong is decent, or would one of the other two be recommended?

cash probably Anderson, gpp probably dejong.

• raymond333

Cool, thank you. Yea, for a quin, I like to go more gpp, so I’ll leave Dejong in. I read somewhere too that his matchup against the pitcher is favorable.

• KindGuy

@tonedefrob said...

It’s a bummer Jen-Ho Tseng isn’t in the player pool. Gets the garbage Mets AND Bill Miller behind the plate in his debut.

• lloydjv1

@raymond333 said...

Thinking DeJong looking at pitching and maybe just because they are playing at home. His point projection also is a bit better than the other two. I was really feeling the Reds were going to go off yesterday. They did well shutting out the Cards, but were facing inferior pitching. I think STL is the better team of the two this afternoon and Weaver does a good job.

• mbunner23

Weaver/Pomz for me, with Tigers value bats and some Cardinals thrown in.

• tonedefrob

@tonedefrob said...

If you want to YOLO the slate,

The more I look at it the more I’m going here with a Weaver/Shields pairing.

DET lineup over the last month – .133 ISO, .291 wOBA, 22.4 K%., 5.6 BB%.

Shields this year vs righties (of which there are 6) – 22.3 K%, 8.3 BB%, .298 wOBA, .200 ISO.

The 3 lefties in the DET lineup have a sub .120 ISO for the season, Candelario is the only one with a season wOBA above .300.

Smith catching is the only thing that concerns me. Looked at game logs at Shields has had decent games with him (and blowups).

YOLO

• lloydjv1

@tonedefrob said...

The more I look at it the more I’m going here with a Weaver/Shields pairing.

DET lineup over the last month – .133 ISO, .291 wOBA, 22.4 K%., 5.6 BB%.

Shields this year vs righties (of which there are 6) – 22.3 K%, 8.3 BB%, .298 wOBA, .200 ISO.

The 3 lefties in the DET lineup have a sub .120 ISO for the season, Candelario is the only one with a season wOBA above .300.

Smith catching is the only thing that concerns me. Looked at game logs at Shields has had decent games with him (and blowups).

YOLO

I may be inclined to take some of that advice and put it into a QA, but I am feeling BOS today. Going to be difficult to get many of those RED Sox bats in a LU though.

• raymond333

@lloydjv1 said...

I may be inclined to take some of that advice and put it into a QA, but I am feeling BOS today. Going to be difficult to get many of those RED Sox bats in a LU though.

I have a couple BOS OF’s in myself.

• mr_papageorgio

Going contrarian and stacking the A’s with Weaver and Shields. Could be fun

• Ibleedblue1

As a Cardinals homer a lefty that throws mid 90’s and doesnt have great control always scares me. I do have lots of Cards today but more CWS and Bos. I love Tim Anderson and Benintendi today. Both have been scorching hot and I feel both will score over 20 FDP today. I really like James Shields price point too. On FD I think he can get a quality start and a win. If he can get 30 FDP I would be very happy. Lots of offense today and I think you need the extra money for bats.

Tigers and White Sox could end up like 13-11 or something silly and ruin the whole slate.

Someone posted earlier about the Tigers offense and the struggles they have had recently. I wouldnt read a TON into that because they have faced the Indians 8 times in that span and they are on that historic run with great pitching.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.