7:05 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -123 ) at Baltimore ( 114 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 150 ) at Milwaukee ( -163 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 169 ) at Houston ( -184 ) —- T: 8
    7:15 PM EST : Minnesota ( 103 ) at Kansas City ( -111 ) —- T: 9
    8:40 PM EST : Texas ( 138 ) at San Diego ( -150 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:05 PM EST : Colorado ( -140 ) at SF Giants ( 129 ) —- T: 7
    9:07 PM EST : Seattle ( 130 ) at LA Angels ( -141 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• SkateFiend

@elementasrat said...

Lol, I know they’ve had a terrible season but their post all star break numbers haven’t been that bad. 98 WRC+, good for 17th in the majors. So they’ve been more of a league average offense. This is after getting rid of Schoop and Machado, which makes it all the more surprising.

The Orioles hitters over perform their salary every other night. Joey Rickard used to be like 7 bucks at Yahoo and Mullins is around 12 bucks. They’re also dirt cheap at FD. DK loses sleep at the thought of giving players discount options, but Mancini at 3,500 is a good bargain.

• casper

eric lauer

• cjs5555

wow…3 ejections in like 15 minutes

• SkateFiend

How did Springer go from hurting his shoulder to playing like nothing happened, lol.

• zline34

Knew I should have switch to Bum. Trap was obvious. Unfortunately phone was dead.

• cjs5555

what was that….60 pitches for morton?

• Olhausen

I love how last night I had great pitching and Bautista and Aaron A as one offs in every lineup last night including with my Astros and Indians stacks that did nothing last night. Of course today both teams smash and had they done that last night I would have made a killing.

• SkateFiend

Will the Indians rest some of their starters tomorrow?

• cjs5555

@SkateFiend said...

Will the Indians rest some of their starters tomorrow?

probably

• cjs5555

i picked the right pitchers (morton/bumgarner)…unfortunately their managers f’d me. both got pulled around 70 pitches.

• SkateFiend

@cjs5555 said...

i picked the right pitchers (morton/bumgarner)…unfortunately their managers f’d me. both got pulled around 70 pitches.

The Giants are out of contention, so they have no incentive to stretch out their starters. The Angels also pulled Heaney early. I really needed 10 more points out of him.

The Astros game was a foregone conclusion and Morton just came off DL, so its understandable that they pulled him early.

• cjs5555

@SkateFiend said...

The Giants are out of contention, so they have no incentive to stretch out their starters. The Angels also pulled Heaney early. I really needed 10 more points out of him.

The Astros game was a foregone conclusion and Morton just came off DL, so its understandable that they pulled him early.

alternate view…the giants are out of contention, why not let madbum cruise toward a potential CGSO without straining him? yeah, i understand morton, but i hope the astros aren’t puzzled when they lose in the playoffs when their pitchers get fatigued after 5 innings. but seriously, i liked guys like yefry ramirez but thought he’d get pulled around 50 pitches. half the pitchers on any given night these days are not stretched out. where do you go for innings??

• cjs5555

@cjs5555 said...

alternate view…the giants are out of contention, why not let madbum cruise toward a potential CGSO without straining him? yeah, i understand morton, but i hope the astros aren’t puzzled when they lose in the playoffs when their pitchers get fatigued after 5 innings. but seriously, i liked guys like yefry ramirez but thought he’d get pulled around 50 pitches. half the pitchers on any given night these days are not stretched out. where do you go for innings??

and the relievers the giants used are a bunch of 30-something guys….so it’s not like they’re “developing young arms” or anything.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@cjs5555 said...

This has been crushing me over the past few days. It’s hard to find a pitcher that goes more than 80 pitches now. I blame myself for going heavy on Velasquez tonight, but that was brutal. A couple nights ago Chase Anderson got pulled after 71 pitches in 4 shutout innings. Hendricks after 5 innings of 2 run ball was pulled at 77 pitches. E-Rod got pulled after 78 pitches against Toronto when he was cruising along. Pena pitched 6 scoreless innings and was only at 77 pitches and was pulled his last start. Severino got into a little trouble his last start with 2 runners on and 2 outs and got pulled at 83 pitches. These are just guys I played and are remembering at the moment. I’m sure there’s been several more.

At this point in the season I’m thinking you’re better off just picking two cheap pitchers and loading up on bats.

• cjs5555

thanks, upton

• baller531

Upton just pushed me off the cash line. SMH

• heeseop

Upton just won me a $33 Grand Slam. 7 max entry. Placed 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th, and 22nd. Used only Reynaldo Lopez and Charlie Morton, and that Upton double dong put me in 1st.

And for the early 2 game slate, I had Yasiel Puig IN EVERY SINGLE FD/DK lineup.

Personal best fantasy day.

• cjs5555

@heeseop said...

Upton just won me a $33 Grand Slam. 7 max entry. Placed 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th, and 22nd. Used only Reynaldo Lopez and Charlie Morton, and that Upton double dong put me in 1st.

And for the early 2 game slate, I had Yasiel Puig IN EVERY SINGLE FD/DK lineup.

Personal best fantasy day.

congrats….that’s awesome!!!

• heeseop

Thanks. I’m realizing that you have to max-enter (or close to) if you want to take down a tournament. And you have to stick to a small pool of players… fading German and sticking with Reynaldo/Morton was definitely the way to go. That seemed to be the advice here on RG, except for Gneiffer.

Had a hunch with Puig after watching him double-dong yesterday. Didn’t think he’d go TRIPLE DONG today. That was the easiest play of the day. He literally was the lowest priced outfielder on FD at $2900. A bit higher on DK but when stacking the Dodgers, most people seemed to bypass him batting 7th. But, he’s one of the few Dodgers that’s (almost) pinch-hit proof.

• SkateFiend

@cjs5555 said...

At this point of the season, MadBum probably just wants to collect a few more wins without straining himself.

Losing teams have very little incentive to stretch out their young starters. The days of crafty workhorses or soft tossing control guy like Jamie Moyer eating innings is over. Pitchers have to throw hard and often high to avoid launch angles and that’s starting to strain young arms. Half the pitchers in my season long teams are either out or lost chunks of time to injuries.

It’s also becoming fashionable for teams to stock up on middle relief. If a team has 3 really good relievers, the manager can essentially put in another ace when their good pitchers falter early. Elite relievers are increasingly becoming secondary starters, especially in the playoffs.

I just pay up for pitching on most nights. Honestly I would rather take a chance on volatile aces like Syndergaard than punt with someone like Velasquez. They burn me so much, it’s not worth it.

• heeseop

@SkateFiend said...

Honestly I would rather take a chance on volatile aces like Syndergaard than punt with someone like Velasquez.

Frustrating night for Velasquez owners today. Went all of 2 innings before being pinch-hit for…. and what was up with Kingery being pinch-hit for BEFORE any AB. I mean… why even start him? Either that, or brilliant managerial strategy on Kapler’s part. Put in defensive guys to start, and then pinch-hit for them with guys on base. The Tampa Bay position player bench strategy… definitely something you can employ in September.

• yisman

Heaney inexplicably lifted after 78 pitches so the bullpen could blow the game. Ruined my night. He had thrown 90+ pitches in 6 straight starts and 6+ innings in 4 straight. #&$%&#ing Scioscia.

And that Kapler pinch hitting for Kingery in the second was bizarre.

sickening night. Finished 2nd in two winner take all satellites and finished 4th out of 6 in a $270 50/50

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/3093140/64342151
    https://www.fantasydraft.com/ticket/7279560
    https://www.fantasydraft.com/ticket/7279546

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).