7:05 PM EST : Toronto ( 230 ) at NY Yankees ( -282 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( -135 ) at Detroit ( 115 ) —- T: 9
    7:35 PM EST : Atlanta ( -176 ) at Baltimore ( 152 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( 189 ) at Houston ( -226 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 137 ) at Chi Sox ( -157 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Cleveland ( -131 ) at Chi Cubs ( 109 ) —- T: —
    9:40 PM EST : Arizona ( 160 ) at LA Angels ( -186 ) —- T: 9
    9:45 PM EST : SF Giants ( -130 ) at Seattle ( 110 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Volkster6

So…. DeGrom and Cole chalk? The build I made with Gio and Bundy looks good, maybe wrong

• ifthethunder

Results from yesterday:

Yu Darvish: OK Deivi Garcia: Good Carrasco: Not good Jack Flaherty: Dumpster on fire
    NYY stack: 20 runs Milwaukee: 18 Ari: Kole Calhoun went off
    Only one batter I picked hit a home run. YUCK.

DeGrom and Cole and Bundy are the three pitchers I have in today (so far…everything might change when we see some lineups). I usually like playing the little Giolito of a man (scaramush, scaramush…). But he seems kind of priced up compared to the others. (Which probably does mean lower ownership.)
    ~

• Stangs13

Anyone know if achievements updated/ when the update. My Ironman is showing 52/65 with 12 day’s to go. I thought I had it figured that I would make it. I’ll really be bummed if I don’t make it as I’m pretty sure I only missed one day.

• JohnFR

I’m 54/65 and I definitely missed a day.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@JohnFR said...

Yeah, I’m at 53, and I know I didn’t play this past Sunday. Although I thought that was the only slate I missed. Definitely possible I skipped a day at the very beginning of the season that I don’t recall.

• Codyveo

FD has the SF and Seattle game listed as 4:10 pm on Thursday but yet is on the slate for tonight. Is this just a fat finger on the timing of the game for FD?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@Codyveo said...

FD has the SF and Seattle game listed as 4:10 pm on Thursday but yet is on the slate for tonight. Is this just a fat finger on the timing of the game for FD?

Probably. It’ll be hilarious if they don’t fix it and the slate ends up locking at 4:10 though.

• axman15

In the middle (well, hopefully not the exact middle) of a massive cold streak – any advice?

• Volkster6

@axman15 said...

In the middle (well, hopefully not the exact middle) of a massive cold streak – any advice?

Review your process. MLB is the highest variance sport so if you were winning before, and playing the same way, you’ll win again. Maybe your cold streak forced you off something successful you were doing before.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

Depends.

How do you feel about your approach? Like do you think your approach is off and your missing things or is it just variance?

Maybe just mixing up what you do. Enter some different contests. If you normally, say, max enter the 4-seamer for $80 and do 20 line ups, maybe instead try focusing on less line ups, and really refine them. Or enter cheaper contests and build more and try some different things.

If you’re really limited like a cheap single entry person, then try multi-entry at an even cheaper entry point until you get out of it.

Sometimes just getting out of the same routine every day and mixing things up is all you need.

I’ve even stopped playing on DK and just played on FD for a few days to get a different look to snap out of funks before. I don’t know why or how it works, but usually when I go back to DK I’ll start winning more frequently again.

• joephoto

@JohnFR said...

I’m at 55/65. I missed no days I guess.

• ifthethunder

@Volkster6 said...

Review your process. MLB is the highest variance sport so if you were winning before, and playing the same way, you’ll win again. Maybe your cold streak forced you off something successful you were doing before.

I spent a ton of time on my process yesterday. Got my behind kicked. The only successful thing I’ve done before is avoid MLB and do sports I’m good at.

But I’m not quite ready to admit (complete) defeat.
    ~

• Njsum1

@ifthethunder said...

I spent a ton of time on my process yesterday. Got my behind kicked. The only successful thing I’ve done before is avoid MLB and do sports I’m good at.

But I’m not quite ready to admit (complete) defeat.
    ~

My opinion on MLB fwiw.

Make 1 or 2 lineups (maybe 3 if it’s a 3 max GPP), Or over 50. If you feel MLB isn’t your strong sport, I’d stick with the 1 or 2.

Those one or two lineups either cash or they don’t. As mentioned, it’s a high variance sport, so 20 lineups just ensures you’ll lose more money. It’s not nba or nfl where 20 can be the sweet spot.

You can’t get enough coverage of the contrarian plays, and just good plays, with consistency, using only 20 lineups.

Someone will undoubtably rebut what I’m saying, and tell you have they have success with 10 or 20 lineups. That’s either cause they’re on the plus side of variance in the seasons very small sample or they’re better at MLB than you/me.

Take it from someone who is average at MLB yet mange’s to hover around break even every year. Some years I’m up slightly, some years I’m down slightly. It’s because I understand that making 1 or 2 lineups is the way to go.

Days I’m just bored and want to make like 7-10 lineups, I usually lose. 🤷‍♂️

• ifthethunder

@Njsum1 said...

Someone will undoubtably rebut what I’m saying, and tell you have they have success with 10 or 20 lineups. That’s either cause they’re on the plus side of variance in the seasons very small sample or they’re better at MLB than you/me.

This sounds about right. Should note that last year, I figured out I could get Diamond + 25,000 crowns from DK by just doing the minimal thing every day. And I did. This year DK wants you to jump threw more hoops and put more cash on the line. But you can do it with just a few lineups and a few bucks. We’ll see how it goes.
    ~

• Volkster6

@Njsum1 said...

My opinion on MLB fwiw.

Make 1 or 2 lineups (maybe 3 if it’s a 3 max GPP), Or over 50. If you feel MLB isn’t your strong sport, I’d stick with the 1 or 2.

Those one or two lineups either cash or they don’t. As mentioned, it’s a high variance sport, so 20 lineups just ensures you’ll lose more money. It’s not nba or nfl where 20 can be the sweet spot.

You can’t get enough coverage of the contrarian plays, and just good plays, with consistency, using only 20 lineups.

Take it from someone who is average at MLB yet mange’s to hover around break even every year. Some years I’m up slightly, some years I’m down slightly. It’s because I understand that making 1 or 2 lineups is the way to go.

Days I’m just bored and want to make like 7-10 lineups, I usually lose. 🤷‍♂️

Yep! This is. Fantastic take. It’s my motto as well.

• yisman

Dustin May scratched

Graterol opens

• yisman

@Stangs13 said...

Anyone know if achievements updated/ when the update. My Ironman is showing 52/65 with 12 day’s to go. I thought I had it figured that I would make it. I’ll really be bummed if I don’t make it as I’m pretty sure I only missed one day.

I’m showing 55. Pretty sure I’ve played every day

I even got in the day when they postponed the night games by playing a 4 PM showdown or whatever

• ifthethunder

@yisman said...

I even got in the day when they postponed the night games by playing a 4 PM showdown or whatever

I played that day, too. But I definitely missed a Sunday before that.

Looks to me like those of us at 54/65 can still make it if there’s a game everyday until 9/27 (including 9/27).
    ~

• frugal

Did OK yesterday slight profit due to Urquidy exposure along with Walsh and Anderson being virtually unowned (and I built the lineup without caring about ownership) but my value BAL bats lasrgely let me down.

Onto today. Don’t have to sacrifice too much with a deGrom/Cole stack (though paying down to Singer is appealing to me as well) as here are a couple very reasonably price Yanks if the projected lineup holds. I will continue to look at value from the top of the BAL order who have paid off more than not lately, though Luplow is on a 3 game hitting streak and only 2.2K. Luis Torrens has 2 hits in each of the last 2 games and is also a super cheap 2.2K.

• Njsum1

Love Degrom tonight…yet I don’t mind taking Knapp against him if JT is still out in lineups I’m looking to punt catcher. Very Solid BVP in a large enough sample for a 2200 catcher.

• telestraightshooter

Is an anomaly MLB have sent a string of Umps to Coors that are statistically inclined to favor pitchers?

I have done no statistical analysis but it smells like umps are intentionally expanding the strike zone @ coors to offset the thin air?….
    … some umps do that when it starts to rain, but to enough to halt game.

• Volkster6

@telestraightshooter said...

Is an anomaly MLB have sent a string of Umps to Coors that are statistically inclined to favor pitchers?

I have done no statistical analysis but it smells like umps are intentionally expanding the strike zone @ coors to offset the thin air?….
    … some umps do that when it starts to rain, but to enough to halt game.

Don’t forget the theory that travelling teams to Colorado are terrible game 1. The As will smash 25 runs today

• jayzee666

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, I’m at 53, and I know I didn’t play this past Sunday. Although I thought that was the only slate I missed. Definitely possible I skipped a day at the very beginning of the season that I don’t recall.

Usually if you miss a day and then email support, they likely will give you the credit for the missed day.

• jayzee666

Reaper is going with LAD stack and pitchers from Coors game in one stack. Then not Coors pitchers in another LU.
    You should bet team under for dodgers maybe over for Coors.

Do the opposite and your cold streak will end today!

• marker0357

@ifthethunder said...

I played that day, too. But I definitely missed a Sunday before that.

Looks to me like those of us at 54/65 can still make it if there’s a game everyday until 9/27 (including 9/27).
    ~

I’m at 54 and played every day so I don’t know how anyone got to 55. I still think its BS that they can’t put a tracker in to show where you should be in order to meet the Ironman requirement. It’s good to know where you are at but it’s relative. I have to believe there are a lot of pissed off people when they fall short by a day, especially with all of the schedule shenanigans associated with COVID and player protests.

Edit: Looks like 12 days left in the schedule to me

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.