7:30 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -190 ) at Boston ( 163 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:35 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -218 ) at Baltimore ( 183 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 148 ) at Houston ( -170 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -171 ) at Colorado ( 148 ) —- T: 13
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 135 ) at Milwaukee ( -156 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Minnesota ( 118 ) at Chi Cubs ( -137 ) —- T: —
    9:10 PM EST : Texas ( 136 ) at LA Angels ( -157 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( -178 ) at Seattle ( 154 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• frugal

First look:

Pitching: Plesac looks mispriced on DK with Bassit and Paddack very reasonably priced on both DK & Yahoo and Barria perhaps worth a look if trying to save.

Batting: Probably going back to the Yanks again tonight. Top of the order from both sides of TB/BAL has some nice value on DK (Nate Lowe and Renfroe locks if in). Baez looks underpriced on Yahoo.

• ifthethunder

My first lineup pitchers: Tyler Glasnow and Zach Plesac.

But the wind is blowing in at Wrigley. So although many have died on Rich Hill, I’m adding him to the mix.

Three lineups right there. Glasnow-Plesac, Glasnow-Hill, Plesac-Hill.
    ~

• zeeshan2

any blogs today?

• frugal

Oh wow. Byron Buxton has been absolutely destroying and is $3K on DK. Probably a perfect spot to jump off with 4 HRs in 3 games but I think I’ll have him in 1 tonight.

• EricQ23

how do you not just keep stacking yankees. geez

• ifthethunder

@frugal said...

Oh wow. Byron Buxton has been absolutely destroying and is $3K on DK. Probably a perfect spot to jump off with 4 HRs in 3 games but I think I’ll have him in 1 tonight.

I’ll play DJ LeMahieu again, too. I like riding streaks.

But I do want to fit Dodgers in. They avoided the ‘first day in Colorado’ jinx yesterday. (If there is really such a thing.) So I see no reason to doubt what they might do today.
    ~

• ifthethunder

Only now has it come to my attention that the Mariners have a player named Dee Strange-Gordon.
    ~

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@zeeshan2 said...

any blogs today?

No blog from me.

My free time has just been too little to make it work lately. Last night I was thinking I might have time to do one today, then saw it was a 12 game slate, and decided I couldn’t bother. I haven’t even researched this slate yet at all. I Haven’t ruled out doing them again in the coming days, just haven’t had the time.

• SteeloCity

@Pandamonious said...

No blog from me.

My free time has just been too little to make it work lately. Last night I was thinking I might have time to do one today, then saw it was a 12 game slate, and decided I couldn’t bother. I haven’t even researched this slate yet at all. I Haven’t ruled out doing them again in the coming days, just haven’t had the time.

Have you thought about just doing a pod maybe?

• rvnfn77

Everyone misses your blog I think you could charge and get subscribers

• JIB7

Best sub-7K pitching option on FD? Montgomery? Barria? Houser? Thinking of going that direction + Yankees/Dodgers. If I pay up for pitching, would probably stack some Rays.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@SteeloCity said...

Have you thought about just doing a pod maybe?

Thought about it since it’d technically be quicker to do, but I feel like with stats and all it’s easier to digest by reading than listening personally. Plus the time I’d spend making notes and all for the blog the time I’d save probably isn’t that much.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@rvnfn77 said...

Everyone misses your blog I think you could charge and get subscribers

How much are you willing to pay? hah

I doubt there’d be enough to really move the needle.

Season is almost over really anyway. Once you get through the first round of the playoffs are so. That’s only like 3 weeks away, I think.

• zovyn

@JIB7 said...

Best sub-7K pitching option on FD? Montgomery? Barria? Houser? Thinking of going that direction + Yankees/Dodgers. If I pay up for pitching, would probably stack some Rays.

Of those 3 I believe Mr. Houser presents best. But I don’t like any of them. Then again, I have NO luck at picking the value pitcher – I tend to stick with paying up.

Building around Yankees/Dodgers stacks though you can probably pretty much grab anybody who isn’t going to get you negative points. :)

Also Houser makes me think of:

• JIB7

@zovyn said...

Of those 3 I believe Mr. Houser presents best. But I don’t like any of them. Then again, I have NO luck at picking the value pitcher – I tend to stick with paying up.

Building around Yankees/Dodgers stacks though you can probably pretty much grab anybody who isn’t going to get you negative points. :)

Also Houser makes me think of:

Yeah, I tend to pay up for pitching as well, as I hate gambling on the cheaper guys on a one-pitcher site. Just been in a bit of a rut lately and thinking of trying something different tonight.

• rvnfn77

@Pandamonious said...

How much are you willing to pay? hah

I doubt there’d be enough to really move the needle.

Season is almost over really anyway. Once you get through the first round of the playoffs are so. That’s only like 3 weeks away, I think.

I would be willing to pay at least 20 to 25 bucks a month and I’m sure several more readers on here would. Season is winding down but you should consider the 2021 season for real. Your articles and then my thought process I was getting better results than currently I still do ok now but reading your blogs took me to another level.

• biga0787

Let’s all say a prayer for the soul of Martin Perez. He is going to get hit into oblivion

• zovyn

@JIB7 said...

Yeah, I tend to pay up for pitching as well, as I hate gambling on the cheaper guys on a one-pitcher site. Just been in a bit of a rut lately and thinking of trying something different tonight.

Oh, I’m not far behind you in those thoughts. I just put together a Houser NY/LAD lineup that smells too good to be true. I doubt I’ll pull the trigger on it. I’m pretty much a 1-lineup-per-slate guy for MLB once NFL starts up. So I tend to get conservative with the mound. But maybe……..

• SteeloCity

I am soooooooo done with MLB after today. Every single slate I pick the wrong pitcher and that obliterates the rest of the LU. Four straight slates of crap. Now Sixto Sanchez getting shelled. Bleh

• JIB7

@zovyn said...

Oh, I’m not far behind you in those thoughts. I just put together a Houser NY/LAD lineup that smells too good to be true. I doubt I’ll pull the trigger on it. I’m pretty much a 1-lineup-per-slate guy for MLB once NFL starts up. So I tend to get conservative with the mound. But maybe……..

Yeah…I’m sitting on a similar lineup, and already sensing the Yanks getting 3 runs and the Dodgers getting 4 runs tonight, haha.

Also bothers me a little when the touts say things like “Well, if you go with Houser, you can stack anybody you want!” Well, no….not even close. Even stacking NYY/LAD, I’m looking at all these guys who still need to be left out, because of salary considerations, wondering if they’re the one who will go off tonight. Can’t get every $3500-$4500K (on FD) bat into the lineup. Betts, LeMahieu, Voit, all still left on the cutting room floor. Or, I get them in, and drop Bellinger/Seager for bottom of the order guys on LAD.

• zovyn

@JIB7 said...

Yeah…I’m sitting on a similar lineup, and already sensing the Yanks getting 3 runs and the Dodgers getting 4 runs tonight, haha.

Also bothers me a little when the touts say things like “Well, if you go with Houser, you can stack anybody you want!” Well, no….not even close. Even stacking NYY/LAD, I’m looking at all these guys who still need to be left out, because of salary considerations, wondering if they’re the one who will go off tonight. Can’t get every $3500-$4500K (on FD) bat into the lineup. Betts, LeMahieu, Voit, all still left on the cutting room floor. Or, I get them in, and drop Bellinger/Seager for bottom of the order guys on LAD.

Well, I think 23 different Yankees hit HRs last night, so…

• ifthethunder

I had Will Smith in, but it’ll be Austin Barnes instead. $3,300 catcher for the Dodgers at Coors is a play I’m willing to try.
    ~

• chickenmanE

thoughts on tampa bay tonight?

• damionismyname

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

his name is Sixto because he gives up 6 runs… smh

• JIB7

@chickenmanE said...

thoughts on tampa bay tonight?

I had a stack when I was paying up for pitching. Have liked the Rays all year as a stack when looking for value. Especially the lefties on a situation like tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).