7:07 PM EST : Atlanta ( -145 ) at NY Mets ( 125 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 148 ) at Houston ( -170 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 184 ) at Milwaukee ( -220 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:35 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -182 ) at Baltimore ( 157 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -302 ) at Colorado ( 247 ) —- T: 11.5
    8:15 PM EST : Minnesota ( -140 ) at Chi Cubs ( 120 ) —- T: —
    9:10 PM EST : Texas ( 145 ) at LA Angels ( -167 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:10 PM EST : San Diego ( -197 ) at Seattle ( 168 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Volkster6

Dodgers will eventually get to the Rockies bullpen, as evidenced last night. 4/5 man them and fill around is my play. I always fade coors but when my Braves stack gets 15 and my Brewers one 9… and I just min cash, even with Mahle and Pleasac, I might as well join the train

• ifthethunder

Wind is blowing out at Coors again (not as much as yesterday, but still). And the wind is blowing in at Wrigley again (not as much as yesterday, but still).

I’ll admit the weather kept me off the Braves yesterday, and obviously that was wrong. But in certain parks (especially Wrigley) you need to pay attention to it.
    ~

• Volkster6

These guys can smash the ball regardless of weather… but yes for sure certain parks the wind can play a huge factor.

Anyone playing Bauer tonight? I feel like the CWS can be sneaky

• telestraightshooter

Jesus is Pitching!

• tonedefrob

@Volkster6 said...

These guys can smash the ball regardless of weather… but yes for sure certain parks the wind can play a huge factor.

I feel more so that the Reds are.

Keuchel has a 6.4 HR/FB%. Last year it was 23%. Career it’s 15%. He has 2+ run gap between his ERA and SIERA, which a gap is typical for GB pitchers but that’s a bit too big.

Suarez and Casty hit his pitch mix well. Aquino is worth a flyer hitting 1st, as is Stephensen so cheap hitting fifth.

• ifthethunder

@Volkster6 said...

My first lineup (aka the default, or THE FAULT if things go bad): SP 1 Trevor Bauer SP 2 Alec Mills
    ~

• biga0787

I’m such a cardinal fan I’m willing to take the hit and play Mitch Keller. This will either make sure he gets rocked or the dodgers will score 1 run. Let’s see which it is

• prime21

Bauer tonight for my fantasy league? A trip to the championship depended on it.

• telestraightshooter

WHY THE HELL are player stats in LU HQ:

• 4 Days behind?!

• only good thru 9.15

that explains why last several days projections have been kaPoot!

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Anyone else really like the D-Backs tonight? Seems like Javier is due to get lit up.

• rvnfn77

@Pandamonious said...

Anyone else really like the D-Backs tonight? Seems like Javier is due to get lit up.

I plan to have some just not sure yet if a full stack.

• biga0787

No Seager in the lineup… gross

• yisman

Clevinger scratched!

• cheezpizza

@Pandamonious said...

Im playing Varsho and like the Lefties vs Javier for sure. Hes definitely due for a blowup game

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

Patino is sort of interesting.

Dude is 20 and a blue chip prospect. He’s been bad wit the big club out of the pen this year, BUT he’s had moments. Probably doesn’t get more than 3 innings though, Even at 4K not sure he’s worth it, but he’s a K or more an inning guy and it is Seattle. I guess if you wanted to stack all the big bats, and doing a bunch of line ups he could be worth a flier.

• zovyn

Mills with the wind blowing in at Wrigley coming off a no-hitter hosting a slumping Twins team or Kim on a hot streak playing at the hapless Pirates? Same $$$ on Fanduel…

• cheezpizza

@Pandamonious said...

Patino is sort of interesting.

Dude is 20 and a blue chip prospect. He’s been bad wit the big club out of the pen this year, BUT he’s had moments. Probably doesn’t get more than 3 innings though, Even at 4K not sure he’s worth it, but he’s a K or more an inning guy and it is Seattle. I guess if you wanted to stack all the big bats, and doing a bunch of line ups he could be worth a flier.

No way im overthinking pitching tonight. Bauer and Burnes or bust for me. Fit the bats in that i can around them.

• cheezpizza

@zovyn said...

Mills with the wind blowing in at Wrigley coming off a no-hitter hosting a slumping Twins team or Kim on a hot streak playing at the hapless Pirates? Same $$$ on Fanduel…

If im picking between the two i would take Kim. The Pirates lineup is a lot less dangerous than Minny.

• chickenmanE

thoughts on the white sox?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@cheezpizza said...

No way im overthinking pitching tonight. Bauer and Burnes or bust for me. Fit the bats in that i can around them.

Yeah, no that makes sense. He’s a deep flier. Like, I’m doing 150 in the $1 mini max and 20 in the 4-seamer, so with 170 line ups, I think he’s worth throwing in 5 or so, but I’d probably have to get to 30+ line ups before I bothered going there. I wouldn’t be blown away if he had something like 3 IP, 4 hits, 2 walks, 5 K’s, 1 run and 12 DK points, but that’s probably the ceiling. He’s just as, if not more likely to finish with 2 points.

• zovyn

@cheezpizza said...

If im picking between the two i would take Kim. The Pirates lineup is a lot less dangerous than Minny.

That’s what I’m thinking too, but that’s what has me concerned. Seems to make too much sense.

Hendricks shut them down completely last night under similar conditions and I feel like Mills will be lower owned. Ugh.

Definitely has to be one or the other, I’m deeply in love with the other 8 slots right now. :)

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

Heaney can’t have 3 bad starts in a row against the Rangers, right?

• cheezpizza

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, no that makes sense. He’s a deep flier. Like, I’m doing 150 in the $1 mini max and 20 in the 4-seamer, so with 170 line ups, I think he’s worth throwing in 5 or so, but I’d probably have to get to 30+ line ups before I bothered going there. I wouldn’t be blown away if he had something like 3 IP, 4 hits, 2 walks, 5 K’s, 1 run and 12 DK points, but that’s probably the ceiling. He’s just as, if not more likely to finish with 2 points.

Well, my luck has been trash lately so if you want to hedge some of your lineups, i REALLY like Houston tonight. So Luke Weaver would be a super low owned flier that will last starters innings if hes on.

• cheezpizza

@zovyn said...

That’s what I’m thinking too, but that’s what has me concerned. Seems to make too much sense.

Hendricks shut them down completely last night under similar conditions and I feel like Mills will be lower owned. Ugh.

Definitely has to be one or the other, I’m deeply in love with the other 8 slots right now. :)

Dont have recency bias. Hendricks is a much better and accomplished pitcher and had a heavier head wind. Minnesota’s lineup is a dangerous one, despite their struggles. When picking between two pitchers always base your decision on how you think they do on that specific night vs that specific opponent.

• zovyn

I guess all stats and indicators say I should roll Kim – STL has a better chance at the W than CHC. But Mills was my gut-pick last night.

Fack it. I’ll go with my fellow South Korean with all my low-salary LAD/ATL/NYY chalky goodness. Good luck tonight, all!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.