7:10 PM EST : Washington ( -185 ) at Milwaukee ( 170 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -173 ) at Chi Sox ( 159 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:15 PM EST : LA Angels ( -113 ) at Texas ( 104 ) —- T: 11
    8:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( 202 ) at Houston ( -221 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Arizona ( -101 ) at Colorado ( -107 ) —- T: 11.5
    9:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 126 ) at Seattle ( -137 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -142 ) at San Diego ( 131 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Justing3

How do you all feel about the early slate games tomorrow Bos – NY… NYM- HOU..
    ATL- CHC

• superjon

@Justing3 said...

How do you all feel about the early slate games tomorrow Bos – NY… NYM- HOU..
    ATL- CHC

I’ve got 3 line ups.

Pomeranz, Suzuki, Albies, Heyward are in all of them.

• raymond333

Yea I’m going Pomz, and then stacking a couple Yankees (which I know you usually don’t do), and a couple of BOS and HOU, with a one off for CHC.

That’s what I got for now, may change it. Do you all think stacking NYY is ok against Pomz (only 2), or would you think fading them completely out would be better?

• migarvin99

Pom over Tanaka?

• Mr_tjRoto

Fanduel pricing?

Carlos Ramírez

TOR
    @
    BAL
    7:05PM

$5,300
    SALARY

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@raymond333 said...

That’s what I got for now, may change it. Do you all think stacking NYY is ok against Pomz (only 2), or would you think fading them completely out would be better?

I think that’s fine. A lot of these Yankee hitters can hit HRs against anyone, so having someone like Sanchez is perfectly fine. Of course Pomz is an above average pitcher, but Snachez can go deep against anyone.

I’m going with Charlie Morton as a pitcher, which really means I shouldn’t be playing the morning slate.

• Ccon33

Why no weekend grind???

• Mr_tjRoto

@Ccon33 said...

Why no weekend grind???

https://rotogrinders.com/articles/mlb-grind-down-saturday-september-2nd-2043920

• yisman

Another Coors fail.

Descalso had the big hit of the game off the bench

as mentioned last night, I felt stupid taking JD over Pollock and lo and behold, Pollock easily outscores JD at 400 less

my all day lineup with random guys I forgot to edit scored 131.05 and cashed

my original main slate lineup scored 124.45

the second lineup (made two changes to original after 7:05) scored 98.7 (used Snell over Nelson). My original lineup would’ve cashed $600 and $200 for $800 total. The pivot lineup got me 0.

used Didi instead of Segura which was a costly mistake

I wanted to edit Didi out but he had the first game

used Hoskins as my last fill-in for fantasydraft instead of Desmond, who I didn’t see when quickly filling in the last spot

Desmond would’ve gotten me $265

Hoskins got me $125

I used Hoskins/Stanton at fantasydraft with a Coors stack. Ugh.

• raymond333

@superstars92 said...

I think that’s fine. A lot of these Yankee hitters can hit HRs against anyone, so having someone like Sanchez is perfectly fine. Of course Pomz is an above average pitcher, but Snachez can go deep against anyone.

I’m going with Charlie Morton as a pitcher, which really means I shouldn’t be playing the morning slate.

Cool thanks. Yea it’s confusing to me when it comes to NYY (my team) and when they play BOS. Both are good, so that’s always a challenge to me to see who to go with.

• moped_jones

I’m sick of all these double headers. You never know who’s going to play in the 2nd game.

Right now I have Peacock + a 3 man lefty Royals stack (Gibson + wind blowing out to right center according to FD). Have a couple Astros too, but I’ll have to stay sober long enough to make sure they are starting the 2nd game.

• moped_jones

@yisman said...

my all day lineup with random guys I forgot to edit scored 131.05 and cashed

That’s funny. I have noticed that when I leave my “initial drunken night before 2 minute to make lineup” alone it usually cashes. When I do heavy research I seem to cash far less. Guess the key is not to overthink DFS.

• migarvin99

@moped_jones said...

That’s funny. I have noticed that when I leave my “initial drunken night before 2 minute to make lineup” alone it usually cashes. When I do heavy research I seem to cash far less. Guess the key is not to overthink DFS.

My opponent had Delino de shields who got 31 and outscored all my hitters combined- ianetta hoskins Duda schoop machado yelich didi olsen

• dw12290

@moped_jones said...

@yisman said…

That’s funny. I have noticed that when I leave my “initial drunken night before 2 minute to make lineup” alone it usually cashes. When I do heavy research I seem to cash far less. Guess the key is not to overthink DFS

Not bragging but I finished 7th in $150K MLB Squeeze Aug 8th with a random LU and no research. Pure luck but I’ll take the $1,500. Was only 12.7 points away from 25K. My new motto is the more you read the more you lose. Of course I do lose more than I win but I play for entertainment and fun. I don’t play the high entry tournaments because I don’t want to lose more than I can afford to spend.

And Yes I’m playing Morton and also throwing a LU with Sims out there in the early slate. So go the opposite of me and you should cash..

• hithisisnom

I’ll have a HOU stack or two, but maybe won’t go too wild since Harvey’s only throwing 80

• raymond333

@dw12290 said...

Not bragging but I finished 7th in $150K MLB Squeeze Aug 8th with a random LU and no research. Pure luck but I’ll take the $1,500. Was only 12.7 points away from 25K. My new motto is the more you read the more you lose. Of course I do lose more than I win but I play for entertainment and fun. I don’t play the high entry tournaments because I don’t want to lose more than I can afford to spend.

And Yes I’m playing Morton and also throwing a LU with Sims out there in the early slate. So go the opposite of me and you should cash..

Yea I just was flying for business and did little research and actually did pretty good. Sometimes it’s just who fits and a bit of luck.

• loutheitalian

Anyone on Lester today?

• raymond333

Hmm, you guys thinking Pomz or Morton? I have pomz now, but I can get Morton too and he’s projected higher. Any thoughts between those 2?

• loutheitalian

I playing Pim and Morton together

• loutheitalian

Edit pom

• raymond333

@superstars92 said...

I’m trying to decide between him and Pomz. Both look decent

• raymond333

@loutheitalian said...

Edit pom

Damn I should have mentioned FD, so I gotta go with one- Pomz or Morton

• moped_jones

@dw12290 said...

My new motto is the more you read the more you lose.

This is a strategy I’ve agreed with yet time and again have failed to stick to. Once I start winning I go back to researching thinking I can win even more if I do my homework. Then I go back to losing.

• loutheitalian

No love for Lester today better pitcher than lackey and look what he did yesterday

• DontTrustTheProcess

Was rocking 1st place in the 2 dollar late night single entry on fanduel. Up by 13 points with 2 outs in the last game of the night and Posey hits a 2 strike count double and knocks in a run to put me in 2nd place. Son of a bitch. Still ended up winning 120 bucks but I woke up this morning somehow wanting to now hunt down Buster and stab him with a rusty fork. Going onward…..

Early slate is tough. Tanaka pitching lights out but not too great vs. Boston this year. Braves suck. Mets lineup is putrid. Going to go more with Morton I think.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.