7:07 PM EST : Kansas City ( 140 ) at Toronto ( -152 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -146 ) at Cincinnati ( 135 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -133 ) at Detroit ( 123 ) —- T: 10
    7:35 PM EST : Washington ( -133 ) at Atlanta ( 123 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -136 ) at Milwaukee ( 126 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 286 ) at Houston ( -318 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Texas ( 139 ) at Seattle ( -151 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( -124 ) at San Diego ( 115 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• prime21

Hey fellas, looking for your advice please. Regardless of format, is Maeda a good play today at the Phillies? Career 3-0 but his record on the road is 4-5 5.79 era opposed to home where he is 8-1 2.79. My only other option is Estrada tomorrow vs a hot Yankee line-up.

I’m in a very close championship game and it could boil down to this decision. Thanks!

• Ndepompei

early slate fade maeda?

• prime21

• BUFUu2

@Ndepompei said...

early slate fade maeda?

I don’t think today is the day to fade the best pitcher like yesterday….. Maeda killed them last time I can see him doing it again

• Njsum1

@prime21 said...

bump

That’s a tough one. I won’t tell you what to do, cause quite frankly I don’t know and it’s your team, yet I’ll give you some pros and cons and you can decide.

Maeda: he can have some good games or he could get rocked. Seems to alternate between the two. He’s more of a fly ball pitcher and he’s in a small ballpark, yet the wind is slightly blowing in (don’t know how much that matters). The Phillies have not been an offense to target with right handed pitching over the last month or so, or any pitching, yet especially right handed, but they still can strikeout. His short history versus Philly is OK yet he’s never faced Hoskins. Maeda draws a favorable pitchers umpire, you don’t know what kind of ump you’ll have tomorrow. As you mentioned Maeda is better at home, yet the Dodgers are big favorites, but the total is high.

Estrada: he’s slightly better at home than on the road. Has a bad history against the Yankees, yet shut them down last time, at home with 7 innings, and 6k, and 0 earned runs. He’s better versus lefties than righties. If Yankees mistakingly load their lineup with lefties it could benefit Estrada. Yet you don’t know that yet and you don’t know what kind of umpire he’ll draw. The ump could be important cause Estrada sometimes has a problem with Walks.

Ok, that’s what I know…the decision is up to you. Good luck.

• prime21

Thank you very much for all that info. Much appreciated!

• tonedefrob

Battery notes:

• Maeda slightly better with Grandal, good with either guy
    • Leiter great with Alfaro, sucks with Knapp/Rupp
    • Salazar better with Gomes than Perez
    • Bridwell better with Maldonado than Graterol
    • Martinez pretty much only caught by Molina. Been fine.
    • Bailey sucks with anyone (but improved last game)
    • Andreiese a dumpster fire with Ramos, good with Sucre
    • Ynoa bad with Castillo (what’s new) and good with Joseph in a limited sample
    • Vargas good with Perez, sucks with Butera
    • Happ fine with anyone except Montero (garbage)
    • Meija mediocre with anyone, higher Ks with Gimenez
    • Zimmerman sucks with everyone, sucks the least with McCann
    • Roark the same with either guy, slightly less hits with Lobaton
    • Dickey a lot better with Flowers over Suzuki
    • Arrieta good with anyone except Montero
    • Davies better with Vogt in a smaller sample but fine with Pina too
    • Fulmer not great with either, but has good Ks
    • Keuchal only caught by McCann with 1 game Stassi. Fine with either.
    • Hamels only caught by Chirinos (meh)
    • Paxton only caught by Zunino (good)
    • Anderson excellent with Lucroy, hot mess with Wolters
    • Richard not great with Hedges or Torrens, total disaster with Sanchez in one start
  • tonedefrob

Something to keep in mind today and for this weekend for games at GABP here in southwest Ohio…highs around 90 with high humidity/dew points (more so at evening/night). Cards tonight and Red Sox come to town for 7/4/1pm games over the weekend starting tomorrow.

• Ronboogie6

Whats everybody’s thoughts on Salazar?

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

what’s been said about maeda is on the mark, and when you add in how dave roberts hanndles his pitching staff….he may be the best starter on the early slate but he carries a lot of risk today. the best bet might be to fade the entire day slate, and just play the main, as this day slate is ugly, small, and afternoon on get away day so expect subs up the wazoo all game

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

@Ronboogie6 said...

Whats everybody’s thoughts on Salazar?

look at his pitch counts last starts….that is what you’re gonna get, these are basically “side throwing” starts to keep him ready for the playoffs

• raymond333

I hit my quin yesterday, came in 5th out of 30 that get paid…trying to repeat today on the early only. I like Salazar, but I’m thinking of going Maeda, and then stacking CLE, and maybe LOS.

Anyone else playing the early on FD, or have any input?

• Ronboogie6

@divusjulius said...

look at his pitch counts last starts….that is what you’re gonna get, these are basically “side throwing” starts to keep him ready for the playoffs

I thought those last two games he was in the bullpen? I could be wrong though.

• Ndepompei

@Ronboogie6 said...

I thought those last two games he was in the bullpen? I could be wrong though.

he was in the bullpen

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

yup, but he’s limited till the playoffs
    “Salazar has not thrown more than 28 pitches in any of his last three outings (two relief appearances), so the right-hander will be working on a limited count. He averaged 96-plus mph with his fastball in those outings”
    http://m.indians.mlb.com/news/article/255281682/indians-ride-historic-streak-into-finale-vs-angels/

another from today:
    Pitching coach Mickey Callaway said Salazar may pitch anywhere between one or three innings. Manager Terry Francona said the start will give the Indians a hint if they should continue to stretch Salazar out as option for the starting rotation or think about him as a reliever.

• BUFUu2

@divusjulius said...

thinking the same thing I believe he will pitch prolly 4 innings today. I have to go Maeda today… dodgers are still in a little slump and I think he will get a good run to get there coincidence built back up… I can see that game going one of two ways…. High volume hitting and slugfest or a 1-0 game… I will be playing the short slate at that approach… Taking both pitchers from the dodgers game and batters from the Cleveland game and one with maeda and bridwell and stacking the Cleveland game and dodger hitters. So since i am saying this do the complete opposite and guarantee that you will win…..

• Ndepompei

@divusjulius said...

“Salazar has not thrown more than 28 pitches in any of his last three outings (two relief appearances), so the right-hander will be working on a limited count. He averaged 96-plus mph with his fastball in those outings”
    http://m.indians.mlb.com/news/article/255281682/indians-ride-historic-streak-into-finale-vs-angels/

another from today:
    Pitching coach Mickey Callaway said Salazar may pitch anywhere between one or three innings. Manager Terry Francona said the start will give the Indians a hint if they should continue to stretch Salazar out as option for the starting rotation or think about him as a reliever.

wow maybe today is the day to play the reliever…..

• Ronboogie6

@divusjulius said...

another from today:

Thanks for this… Makes things a lot easier

• jayschmel

Noob questions. Is it more favorable to stack a lineup in a cash game or GPP? Would you consider a Multiplier with anywhere from 30 to 70 entrants more of a cash game or GPP?

• CZYX

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

guess on lonnie c playing?

• lloydjv1

Anyone heard from Dirt today? Looks like he had a rough night. I am giving this early slate one more shot myself.

• 7klub06

Maeda of course, any love for Bridell

• yisman

my lineup was good yesterday

only entered double ups and solo shot

didn’t think this would have overlay so stayed out

too bad, would’ve won easily

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/44944120

only profited about 50 bucks instead

• lloydjv1

@yisman said...

my lineup was good yesterday

only entered double ups and solo shot

didn’t think this would have overlay so stayed out

too bad, would’ve won easily

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/44944120

only profited about 50 bucks instead

You need to give me some sound advice then. I had a miserable day and night. Hoping for a rebound of sorts today.

• panters

@lloydjv1 said...

Anyone heard from Dirt today?

He messaged me about 13 hours ago and he seemed alright and ready to go today.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler