7:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -143 ) at Miami ( 132 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 103 ) at Detroit ( -111 ) —- T: 9
    7:35 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 122 ) at Atlanta ( -132 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -119 ) at Texas ( 110 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 206 ) at Houston ( -225 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : SF Giants ( 147 ) at St. Louis ( -160 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:40 PM EST : Colorado ( -102 ) at Arizona ( -106 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 243 ) at LA Dodgers ( -268 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jtkucheck

Rich Hill scratched. Might throw some Padres in now.

• yisman

@jtkucheck said...

Rich Hill scratched. Might throw some Padres in now.

So Ross Stripling starts tonight.

You want to target him? He’s easily been better than Hill and honestly should’ve remained in the rotation.

Dave Roberts is not too bright.

• jtkucheck

@yisman said...

So Ross Stripling starts tonight.

You want to target him? He’s easily been better than Hill and honestly should’ve remained in the rotation.

Dave Roberts is not too bright.

Didn’t see it was Stripling. Definitely retract desire to pay Padres. Would be curious to see his pitch count, Stripling himself might be in play at $7,300.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@dolphinkick182 said...

I’m going in for a few with Bieber.

How cheap is he on FD? DK has him at 9.2K so he’s an easy pass there.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@jtkucheck said...

Didn’t see it was Stripling. Definitely retract desire to pay Padres. Would be curious to see his pitch count, Stripling himself might be in play at $7,300.

Interesting. I should have known. Fangraphs had Stripling as the probable starter this morning, but all the DFS sites had Hill. I don’t think Hill was scratched at all. People are just slow to move on info. Now that I look back even the Dodgers twitter page had Stripling as the starter for tonight in a tweet sent 21 hours ago. Kind of sad in a way.

• dolphinkick182

@Pandamonious said...

How cheap is he on FD? DK has him at 9.2K so he’s an easy pass there.

• Olhausen

@feezyg said...

So you said all that to say nothing, great. Does anyone have any actual useful information?

• yisman

@jtkucheck said...

He starts five days ago. I tweeted at Dodgers beat writers and got no response about a pitch count that day. I checked Twitter and no one knew. He wound up throwing 72. Maybe about the same today?

• yisman

@Pandamonious said...

Interesting. I should have known. Fangraphs had Stripling as the probable starter this morning, but all the DFS sites had Hill. I don’t think Hill was scratched at all. People are just slow to move on info. Now that I look back even the Dodgers twitter page had Stripling as the starter for tonight in a tweet sent 21 hours ago. Kind of sad in a way.

Yeah, it seems sites should have known it was Stripling.

https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1043210797202042880

referencing a tweet from yesterday:

Los Angeles Dodgers Retweeted

Dodger Insider

Verified account

@DodgerInsider
    21h21 hours ago
    More
    Ross Stripling and Rich Hill are flipping spots in the rotation this weekend. So it’ll be Stripling on Friday, Hill on Saturday, Ryu on Sunday.

• mr_papageorgio

@jtkucheck said...

I know we’re talking about Dave Roberts here but even if he only gets 5 innings he should be ok for his price. This is a guy who was $10k when he was starting.

• superjon

Still narrowing down my bats down to the following teams, but this is where I’m at so far.

CIN
    KC
    LAD
    MIL
    NYM
    NYY
    OAK
    PHI
    SFG
    STL
    TB
    TEX

• lovpink

Hicks is leading off he always hits well in that spot Stanton a scratch. Hicks Voit

• yisman

@mr_papageorgio said...

I know we’re talking about Dave Roberts here but even if he only gets 5 innings he should be ok for his price. This is a guy who was $10k when he was starting.

I would take 5 innings, yes, but no guarantee you get that.

Last five starts:

4 2/3
    3 1/3
    3 1/3

so in only one of those did he get you your 5 IP. 5 innings is not your floor.

I’d say 6 innings is your ceiling, though.

• lovpink

Chen has the upside at home over stripling but stripling has more name value.

• Njsum1

@superjon said...

Still narrowing down my bats down to the following teams, but this is where I’m at so far.

CIN
    KC
    LAD
    MIL
    NYM
    NYY
    OAK
    PHI
    SFG
    STL
    TB
    TEX

See you’ve tightened it up a bit 😁

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@yisman said...

I would take 5 innings, yes, but no guarantee you get that.

Last five starts:

4 2/3
    3 1/3
    3 1/3

so in only one of those did he get you your 5 IP. 5 innings is not your floor.

I’d say 6 innings is your ceiling, though.

You have to keep in mind that 2 of those starts were his first 2 off the DL. Two of the others were just flat out bad starts were he threw 88 and 99 pitches before he went on the DL, but struggled and didn’t see or finish the 5th. Maybe related to what sent him to the DL? I don’t doubt he’ll be limited tonight. I think 80-85 pitches is fair. If he’s rolling I think you’ll see him hit that mark. Depending on how well he’s rolling will determine the innings. If you’re playing him you’re doing so because you expect him to do well, which with 80-85 pitches should easily get you 5, probably 6, if you’re lucky 7.

Not trying to split hairs, but I think you have to take the reasons into account. There’s zero reason to believe if he’s pitching well he’ll just get pulled after 4 innings. Almost all pitchers floor is 4 innings or lower if they’re not pitching well.

Fittingly his last good start was July 21st against San Diego. His highest FP total outing was also a different start against San Diego.

• superjon

@Njsum1 said...

See you’ve tightened it up a bit 😁

I should have it down to 3 or 4 teams by 630 lol

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@lovpink said...

Chen has the upside at home over stripling but stripling has more name value.

I think if you flipped the opponents I would agree. There’s more K upside against SDP then Cincy.

• lovpink

Judge is due for big game but is he 100% healthy.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

Staring at a KC/NYM/BOS stack with DeGrom…. 🤢

• yisman

@Pandamonious said...

You have to keep in mind that 2 of those starts were his first 2 off the DL. Two of the others were just flat out bad starts were he threw 88 and 99 pitches before he went on the DL, but struggled and didn’t see or finish the 5th. Maybe related to what sent him to the DL? I don’t doubt he’ll be limited tonight. I think 80-85 pitches is fair. If he’s rolling I think you’ll see him hit that mark. Depending on how well he’s rolling will determine the innings. If you’re playing him you’re doing so because you expect him to do well, which with 80-85 pitches should easily get you 5, probably 6, if you’re lucky 7.

Not trying to split hairs, but I think you have to take the reasons into account. There’s zero reason to believe if he’s pitching well he’ll just get pulled after 4 innings. Almost all pitchers floor is 4 innings or lower if they’re not pitching well.

Fittingly his last good start was July 21st against San Diego. His highest FP total outing was also a different start against San Diego.

I didn’t say he’ll get pulled after 4 if he’s pitching well. I’d be surprised if he was. If he pitches well (no guarantee), you should get 5-6.

I’m just saying there’s a decent chance he doesn’t go 5 innings.

I’d be stunned if he pitched 7. I think if you roster him, his upside is 80 pitches in 6 innings.

• Benny0069

any update on the weather in texas?

• yisman

@Benny0069 said...

any update on the weather in texas?

I’ll just weigh in and say it does not look good. Chances of a postponement are fairly high.

Pittsburgh: It’ll be dry until around 8:30 so I’m guessing they start and play until the rain is heavy enough to stop. They could then wait it out and finish the game later tonight.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

Tonight and tomorrow are the last 2 games of V-Mart’s career. That has to mean something right?

• hithisisnom

Have a lot of Kennedy

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).