7:35 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -115 ) at Milwaukee ( 106 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( -126 ) at Chi Sox ( 116 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 150 ) at Houston ( -163 ) —- T: 8
    9:40 PM EST : Miami ( 212 ) at Arizona ( -232 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Texas ( 118 ) at Oakland ( -128 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( -159 ) at San Diego ( 146 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -163 ) at Seattle ( 150 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 201 ) at LA Dodgers ( -220 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Njsum1

Great slate tonight….good night to make at least 20 lineups.

• tonedefrob

Teams that have something to play for…

NL Wildcard/Central Race

DBacks
    Rockies
    Cubs
    Brewers
    Cards

AL Wildcard/East Race

Boston
    Yanks
    Twins
    Angels
    Rangers
    KC

5 or more games back in the Wildcard who have a small chance but IMO are done:

Mariners
    Rays
    Orioles

• prime21

Need a Flex…McCutchen, Beltre or Myers?

• tonedefrob

Battery notes:

• Wacha his usual self with Molina, sucked with Kelly in 2 starts
    • Nova a bit better with Diaz than Stewart
    • Cobb better with Sucre than Ramos
    • Jimenez, per tradition, is garbage with Castillo and meh with Joseph
    • Tanaka is better with Romine than Gary
    • Estrada best with Maile, then Lopez, then Martin………….then Montero (garbage)
    • Gibson better with Gimenez than Castro (will probably get him against a lefty)
    • Norris good with Hicks but only 3 IP sample, sucks with McCann
    • Jackson better with Weiters, sucks with Lobaton (5.2 IP small sample)
    • Gsellman ok with Plawecki, sucks with d’Arnaud
    • Porcello pretty much the same with either guy
    • Romano decent with Barnhart, sucks with Stuart (9 IP sample)
    • Lively good with Knapp, meh with Alfaro, sucks with Rupp
    • Newcomb good with Freitas (5.1 IP sample), meh with Flowers, sucks with Suzuki
    • Lackey ok with Avila, meh with Contreras, sucks with Rivera (5 IP sample)
    • Woodruff great with Vogt, decent with Pina
    • Hammel the same with either guy, not great
    • Lopez good with Smith, sucks with Narvaez
    • Richards only caught my Maldonado, has been good
    • Verlander only caught by McCann in 3 HOU starts, has been #elite
    • Conley the same crappy guy with either catcher
    • Grenkie only caught by Iannetta since Mathis went out, has been #elite
    • Martinez better with Chirinos, but sucks with either guy
    • Graveman decent with Garneau, meh with Phegley, sucks with Maxwell
    • Samardzija better with Posey than Hundley
    • Hill better with Barnes than Grandal (pretty significantly)
    • Gray great with Lucroy, meh with Wolters
    • Lyles sucks with everyone, least with Torrens
    • Bauer only caught by Perez, has been ok (not great)
    • Ramirez good with Zunino, sucks with Ruiz

Last one of the season for me. Heading to Vegas tomorrow for a week long work trip. Hopefully it helped some of you. It really got me into catcher data and framing (which I was already interested in). And in a game where the edge has become razor thin it can give a small advantage. Maybe I’ll do something more formal (with data) next season.

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

great job all season and good luck in vegas!

first read i’m liking Grey (lock maybe), verlander, tanaka, gibson, maybe newcomb….(subject to change after fiurther research)
    also a lot of great value on offense

• NarrowJ

I wish I didn’t have the feeling Rich Hill is only going to throw 75 pitches.

• Lathum

Time to get back on the horse after a meaningless Robinson Cano HR cost me $280

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

@NarrowJ said...

I wish I didn’t have the feeling Rich Hill is only going to throw 75 pitches.

it looks like 90 is around his cap, but he only needed 77 to put up 25dk against wash last time out. tanaka is prolly the most likely of the top tier to get the early hook, my guess 5 or 6 ip max. giradi can be as bad as roberts and mathaney a lot of the time

• Lathum

I don’t see how you can trust any Dodgers pitcher at this point.

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

80 pitches against SFG for 9K still gives a floor/ceiling i am very comfortable with for LUP builds (gpp) but yeah no way i can have heavy exposure because of that risk…maybe 4 or 5 lups/20. more and more looking like a lock on grey and then rotating shares at sp2

• Njsum1

@Lathum said...

I don’t see how you can trust any Dodgers pitcher at this point.

You can’t, doesn’t mean hill won’t Put up a big game, he just won’t be doing it for me.

• prime21

Need a Flex…McCutchen, Beltre or Myers?

• KindGuy

@tonedefrob said...

Battery notes:

• Wacha his usual self with Molina, sucked with Kelly in 2 starts
    • Nova a bit better with Diaz than Stewart
    • Cobb better with Sucre than Ramos
    • Jimenez, per tradition, is garbage with Castillo and meh with Joseph
    • Tanaka is better with Romine than Gary
    • Estrada best with Maile, then Lopez, then Martin………….then Montero (garbage)
    • Gibson better with Gimenez than Castro (will probably get him against a lefty)
    • Norris good with Hicks but only 3 IP sample, sucks with McCann
    • Jackson better with Weiters, sucks with Lobaton (5.2 IP small sample)
    • Gsellman ok with Plawecki, sucks with d’Arnaud
    • Porcello pretty much the same with either guy
    • Romano decent with Barnhart, sucks with Stuart (9 IP sample)
    • Lively good with Knapp, meh with Alfaro, sucks with Rupp
    • Newcomb good with Freitas (5.1 IP sample), meh with Flowers, sucks with Suzuki
    • Lackey ok with Avila, meh with Contreras, sucks with Rivera (5 IP sample)
    • Woodruff great with Vogt, decent with Pina
    • Hammel the same with either guy, not great
    • Lopez good with Smith, sucks with Narvaez
    • Richards only caught my Maldonado, has been good
    • Verlander only caught by McCann in 3 HOU starts, has been #elite
    • Conley the same crappy guy with either catcher
    • Grenkie only caught by Iannetta since Mathis went out, has been #elite
    • Martinez better with Chirinos, but sucks with either guy
    • Graveman decent with Garneau, meh with Phegley, sucks with Maxwell
    • Samardzija better with Posey than Hundley
    • Hill better with Barnes than Grandal (pretty significantly)
    • Gray great with Lucroy, meh with Wolters
    • Lyles sucks with everyone, least with Torrens
    • Bauer only caught by Perez, has been ok (not great)
    • Ramirez good with Zunino, sucks with Ruiz

Last one of the season for me. Heading to Vegas tomorrow for a week long work trip. Hopefully it helped some of you. It really got me into catcher data and framing (which I was already interested in). And in a game where the edge has become razor thin it can give a small advantage. Maybe I’ll do something more formal (with data) next season.

Thank you for doing this. It has become an invaluable part of my research. Have fun in Vegas!

Also, how did you do last night? If I recall correctly, you rostered Vargas/Happ while I stacked the Blue Jays. I said beforehand that one of us was going to win money haha. Clearly, I didn’t……

• Lathum

Andrew Benintendi grew up in the town I am from in Ohio, Madeira, about 15 minutes north of Cinci and is making the trip home today to face the Reds. Tons of family will be there. Narrative city.

• NarrowJ

@divusjulius said...

it looks like 90 is around his cap, but he only needed 77 to put up 25dk against wash last time out. tanaka is prolly the most likely of the top tier to get the early hook, my guess 5 or 6 ip max. giradi can be as bad as roberts and mathaney a lot of the time

Wow, yeah. I just noticed Girardi is going easy on his starters and pulling them after 70-75 pitches the past couple of games too. Makes me wonder about some of the other arms on the slate I’m liking. For instance, Verlander is no spring chicken. Is he going to get yanked after 5 innings? That’s a lot of salary to get shorted on.

• mlapensee

Wow that Nats lineup. Woof.

• tonedefrob

@elementasrat said...

Thank you for doing this. It has become an invaluable part of my research. Have fun in Vegas!

Also, how did you do last night? If I recall correctly, you rostered Vargas/Happ while I stacked the Blue Jays. I said beforehand that one of us was going to win money haha. Clearly, I didn’t……

No problem man. Glad it helped you.

I was up around $600 before the late games. Dropped to $77 by the end of the night. 4 lineups in the DK $5. Oh well. Made some money and had a good sweat. Hoping to close out MLB strong tonight.

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

Nats lineup, lol… Is anyone playing Gsellman? Look how cheap that line up is the Nats put out there

• richierich

Having a tough time deciding between Grey and Greinke to lead my pitcher exposure on FanDuel. If anybody has some information which may help undo this knot in my head, it’d be appreciated. lol

• dsoglin33

Well there goes my lineup plan today. Gsellman’s stock just rose…

• loutheitalian

So who do u like tonedfrob? I’m locking in gray and verlsnder just having trouble finding the right bats to put in oh and congrats for last night

• yisman

this was painful

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/45026808

a quarter of a point behind third, top 3 got paid. third was $200

and here

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/45138146

top 8 won $50, I got 9th

• KindGuy

@tonedefrob said...

No problem man. Glad it helped you.

I was up around $600 before the late games. Dropped to $77 by the end of the night. 4 lineups in the DK $5. Oh well. Made some money and had a good sweat. Hoping to close out MLB strong tonight.

Jeez…. well a profit is a profit!

But damn, who made you drop that much? Rockies Padres and Rangers Mariners were low scoring affairs.

• tonedefrob

@loutheitalian said...

So who do u like tonedfrob? I’m locking in gray and verlsnder just having trouble finding the right bats to put in oh and congrats for last night

Still haven’t looked into it enough.

Coming into it my locks were Gray, Twins, DBacks. Still like all 3. Warming up to Oakland a lot too. At this point I want to target road teams who are playing against bad pitchers on teams that also have awful pens. That’s Twins and Oakland to the T. DBacks at home but the Marlins pen is atrocious. Only thing I hate about Oakland is the weather (cooler).

I think the Phillies are sneaky. My last 3 I really need to look at are Yankees and the Sox/Reds game.

I wish the O’s would’ve just put Castillo behind the plate so I could stay away from Ubaldo. But I’m considering it now in at least one lineup with Joseph back there. Still not locked in on any pitcher besides Gray. If Gsellman had Plawecki I’d be in on him but I hate him with d’Arnaud, even with that Nats lineup. Might look into that more.

Wasn’t a big win last night at all but it’s nice when the research works out exactly like you think.

• tonedefrob

@elementasrat said...

Jeez…. well a profit is a profit!

But damn, who made you drop that much? Rockies Padres and Rangers Mariners were low scoring affairs.

Mainly guys who played Hamels and/or Richard at P.

Was in 8th, then the best lineup ended up at 109.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).