7:10 PM EST : Miami ( 168 ) at Atlanta ( -200 ) —- T: 9
    7:30 PM EST : Baltimore ( -113 ) at Boston ( -105 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:05 PM EST : St. Louis ( -118 ) at Kansas City ( -102 ) —- T: 9
    9:10 PM EST : Houston ( -175 ) at Seattle ( 151 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:10 PM EST : Texas ( 120 ) at Arizona ( -140 ) —- T: 9
    9:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 152 ) at San Diego ( -173 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : Oakland ( 154 ) at LA Dodgers ( -178 ) —- T: 9
    9:45 PM EST : Colorado ( 115 ) at SF Giants ( -135 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• cheezpizza

Give me every Marlin and Braves batter i can fit in one team, please.

• ifthethunder

@cheezpizza said...

Give me every Marlin and Braves batter i can fit in one team, please.

I think I’m with you on that. It sure seems a lot easier to pick pitching than to find hitting these days. I guess because it’s so cold and dry most places?
    ~

• cheezpizza

@ifthethunder said...

I think I’m with you on that. It sure seems a lot easier to pick pitching than to find hitting these days. I guess because it’s so cold and dry most places?
    ~

For me it boils down to a few things:
    1)The Marlins HAVE to win to potentially win the division.
    2)Urena is pitching for the Marlins, who has gotten owned by the Braves.
    3)Bryse Wilson is pitching for the Braves. He was once a top prospect, but only has two pitches. A fastball and a slider. Neither are an out pitch. Thats led to his struggles at the ML level.
    4)The Braves essentially lock up the division with a win

Im gonna try to go cheaper with pitching and hope they dont bust, so i can get a game stack of bats from this game.

• Volkster6

Pitching seems very difficult to pinpoint today. Snell seems like the obvious chalk and I think Singer based on recency bias. Interesting slate for the arms.

Have to think tonight is a late hammer spot too with the matchups

• cheezpizza

@Volkster6 said...

Pitching seems very difficult to pinpoint today. Snell seems like the obvious chalk and I think Singer based on recency bias. Interesting slate for the arms.

Have to think tonight is a late hammer spot too with the matchups

Im thinking Snell and Singer will be a very popular combo(I may even play them).

• RudyPujols

This Alejandro Kirk fella on the Jays makes Willians “Oompa Loompa” Astudillo look tall and skinny.

If he is in the lineup tonight, I’m all in. Can’t go any worse than my serious picks have gone.

• ifthethunder

@cheezpizza said...

Im thinking Snell and Singer will be a very popular combo(I may even play them).

My first pass I went super-cheap with Brady Singer and Tank Screwball, er Tarik Skubal. He faced the Twins back on 9/05 and did alright. Since Nelson Cruz has been out, it seems to me the Twins have done damage (when they do) with their left-handers.

Does this make sense to anyone, or am I just getting high on my own supply? (P.S. I am making 5 lineups again, so this is just one of them. I could even hedge it by putting Twins bats in another.)
    ~

• superjon

Why is Framber Valdez a core play on FD?

1. 2nd highest priced pitcher on the slate, and highest he’s been all season.

2. Not even in the top 10 based on current projections.

Am I missing something?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@superjon said...

Why is Framber Valdez a core play on FD?

1. 2nd highest priced pitcher on the slate, and highest he’s been all season.

2. Not even in the top 10 based on current projections.

Am I missing something?

That projection has to be erroneous. Somebody messed something up.

In situations like this though, the best thing to do is not come here, you can go to Cheese’s “Million Dollar Musings” slate write up and see what he says about Valdez, since he’s the one making him a core play. I haven’t read it yet, but I guarantee you he breaks down all the pitchers and explains why he’s putting Valdez over Snell, or any other pitcher. Then if you have further uncertainty, leave a comment on the article, asking why more specifically and he’ll most likely answer you.

• superjon

Thanks.

• frugal

OK, digging into today’s slate DK pricing:

Pitching: Snell and…Lugo bounce back? Can Singer keep it up? Take a risk on Skubal? Lot’s to think about.

Batting: I think BAL value smashes today along with Christian Walker and/or Nick Solak, plenty of value to get to whoever you want from the top projected bats (I like ATL and SD right now).

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@ifthethunder said...

My first pass I went super-cheap with Brady Singer and Tank Screwball, er Tarik Skubal. He faced the Twins back on 9/05 and did alright. Since Nelson Cruz has been out, it seems to me the Twins have done damage (when they do) with their left-handers.

Does this make sense to anyone, or am I just getting high on my own supply? (P.S. I am making 5 lineups again, so this is just one of them. I could even hedge it by putting Twins bats in another.)
    ~

Twins have been atrocious against LHP all season. Like, the worst. Literally.

• getlucky4

I like a rays or astros stack. Wilson I think has good potential sp2 value actually. Wilson actually a terrible play looking at it. Marlins line is moving and he isnt throwing enough pitches.

• frugal

Digging deeper into some stats (and bare in mind I’m still learning MLB advanced stats), something stands out to me:

TB is 4th highest in k% vs righties at 26% (+2.49% league avg) and leads the league in SO’s per game in 10.05 (+1.4 league avg). Maybe Lugo is in a better bounce back spot than I thought…

• cheezpizza

@getlucky4 said...

I like a rays or astros stack. Wilson I think has good potential sp2 value actually. Wilson actually a terrible play looking at it. Marlins line is moving and he isnt throwing enough pitches.

Wilson isn’t good. Take it from a Braves fan that watched him in AA and has seen him in the ML. He has a flat fastball and a decent slider. He has location issues with his slider most of the time, so he forces his fastball every pitch and it gets hit…a lot. He’s still young, so its not over for him but he has to learn a changeup of some kind.

• getlucky4

Lugo has a good projection also so the rays are probably a bad play. I still think you could get a hr from lowe though.

• SteeloCity

I’m playing Valdez and hoping him and the value bats get me there

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

In situations like this though, the best thing to do is not come here, you can go to Cheese’s “Million Dollar Musings” slate write up and see what he says about Valdez, since he’s the one making him a core play.

Don’t question (I know you’re not) the Cheese. CheeseIsGood

The little I know about MLB, I learned from Cheese back when his did free shows. If Cheese likes him, he’s probably a good play.

Also, I’m pretty decent with pitching, rarely do my pitchers get blown up, it happens, yet not too often, and fwiw, Framber’s my SP1 tonight as well (before knowing what Cheese thought).

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

Twins have been atrocious against LHP all season. Like, the worst. Literally.

Now you have me wanting to use Screwball in 2 of 5. Thanks, Panda (I hope)!
    ~

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@ifthethunder said...

Now you have me wanting to use Screwball in 2 of 5. Thanks, Panda (I hope)!
    ~

It’s up to you!

I’m not saying he’ll do well, BUT there’s paths, and it’s certainly why he may have had a good start against them before. I also believe Boyd’s best starts of the season were against the Twins too.

• jayzee666

Nola the first casualty of the day. Many more to come.
    Singer/Akin/Valdez early candidates for main slate. But then again, if they do well then I will get zeros from hitters. Or both will suck. All I know is majority will suck.

No ideas on hitters. No Yankees so I am lost.

• frugal

Man I started off hot on Snell but now wavering. Probably one of those days where I talk myself off the best pitcher, but he’s pretty pricy for having a ~25 FP ceiling this season. Valdez flashed a ceiling last game but not sure it’s really worth paying up for either. Feeling like Lugo, Skubal, Singer, and maybe even Smyly can get up to the mid 20s at a serious discount.

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

Man I started off hot on Snell but now wavering. Probably one of those days where I talk myself off the best pitcher, but he’s pretty pricy for having a ~25 FP ceiling this season. Valdez flashed a ceiling last game but not sure it’s really worth paying up for either. Feeling like Lugo, Skubal, Singer, and maybe even Smyly can get up to the mid 20s at a serious discount.

Those are pretty much my pitchers tonight minus Lugo.

Frambastic, Vinny Skubatz, Off-Key Singer and Frowny 🙁

3lineups…Frambastic in all of them….paired with one of those iffy dudes.

• jmark1972

First time poster, long time lurker. Mets fan who has watched every Lugo start. His velocity was down last start and he seems to be tiring from the extra workload as a starter. I’d be leery of him tonight even though Rays have high K rate. If Lugo dominates, you’ll never hear from me again.

• Wooden_Bones

Anyone taking a flier on Caleb Smith, hoping his pitch count gets him more than 3 innings? A cheap lefty with a 26% strikeout rate, going against TEX… can’t help but feel tempted. He went from 40 to 61 pitches since his return. Maybe they get him up to 70-75 tonight? (Unfortunately, I think it’s just wishful thinking on my part).

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.