6:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 137 ) at Cleveland ( -157 ) —- T: 7
    6:40 PM EST : Houston ( -202 ) at Seattle ( 172 ) —- T: 8.5
    6:40 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 143 ) at Cincinnati ( -164 ) —- T: 8
    7:30 PM EST : Baltimore ( 148 ) at Boston ( -170 ) —- T: 9
    7:40 PM EST : Detroit ( 239 ) at Minnesota ( -294 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : St. Louis ( -131 ) at Kansas City ( 111 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : Oakland ( 146 ) at LA Dodgers ( -169 ) —- T: 9
    9:45 PM EST : Colorado ( 157 ) at SF Giants ( -182 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

So. We have a plethora of pitching to pick from.
    ~

• stellagirl

TFF. Every time I hear that word, I think of that scene, lol.

• ifthethunder

@stellagirl said...

TFF. Every time I hear that word, I think of that scene, lol.

Yep!

Anyways, how chalky will Shane Bieber / Kyle Hendricks be? There are pivots, of course, with such a large slate. But the way DK has things priced, the pivots don’t save you very much cash.
    ~

• Volkster6

Hendricks I cannot see being chalky. In fact there likely isn’t a 30% plus arm you’d think tonight given the value. I could be wrong though.

Current build has me on Bauer and Bieber. I’ve floated around with Maeda too

• getlucky4

Bieber hasn’t really pitched that well vs white sox as far as reaching a ceiling and there are like 6 good pitching options cheaper. Giants and twins stacks seem pretty good to me.

• Volkster6

@getlucky4 said...

Bieber hasn’t really pitched that well vs white sox as far as reaching a ceiling and there are like 6 good pitching options cheaper. Giants and twins stacks seem pretty good to me.

This will be Beiber last start before playoffs. He will likely be stretched and allowed to work out any kinks. Sure if you look at his game log against the CWS he didn’t score well but his K rate and BB/K are elite and his xFIP is low. Combine that with an expected pitch count above 95 and he’s one of my only locks at this point

• ifthethunder

@Volkster6 said...

Current build has me on Bauer and Bieber. I’ve floated around with Maeda too

I have Kenta Maeda in the mix, too. Bauer + Bieber = a lot of money for pitching. Even Maeda is also priced like an SP1 at 9,200.

That’s why I find it hard to move off Hendricks. (Although I will, I’m going with 5 lineups again. And one thing I know for sure…there are no sure things!)
    ~

White Sock! BOMB Chalk Biebs!!! Leggo!!

• Ndepompei

@ifthethunder said...

I have Kenta Maeda in the mix, too. Bauer + Bieber = a lot of money for pitching. Even Maeda is also priced like an SP1 at 9,200.

That’s why I find it hard to move off Hendricks. (Although I will, I’m going with 5 lineups again. And one thing I know for sure…there are no sure things!)
    ~

It’s expensive but there are some really good stacks that are dirt cheap like AZ and MIN

• ifthethunder

@866 said...

White Sock! BOMB Chalk Biebs!!! Leggo!!

Contrary pitching combo: Lucas Giolito / Sixto Sanchez. Who’s with me!!??
    ~

• truegrinder

i am thinkin Bieber and Glasnow as my pitchers. Might play the Rays bats.

• truegrinder

@Volkster6 said...

This will be Beiber last start before playoffs. He will likely be stretched and allowed to work out any kinks. Sure if you look at his game log against the CWS he didn’t score well but his K rate and BB/K are elite and his xFIP is low. Combine that with an expected pitch count above 95 and he’s one of my only locks at this point

• yisman

Before Ketel Marte landed on the DL, his price ranged from 4100-5400

in the two days since he’s returned, he’s been 2900 on DK

• frugal

So on my journey to try and make sone sense of advanced MLB stats, started off today looking at Team K% and Pitching K% vs averages and 3 pitchers stick out:

CHC K% is +1.34 league avg facing Bieber whose K% +17.5 league avg.
    MIL K% is +3 league avg facing Bauer whose K% is +10.6 league avg.
    DET K% is +3.84 league avg facing Maeda whose K% is +8.2 league avg

On the flip side to afford those expensive pitchers…

Ton of value on BAL and facing BOS who gives up the most runs per game at 5.93, +1.28 league average.

• ifthethunder

@yisman said...

Before Ketel Marte landed on the DL, his price ranged from 4100-5400

in the two days since he’s returned, he’s been 2900 on DK

I played Marte yesterday. Only got me 3 points for a single, but I’m willing to go back to the well. 2nd base/outfield eligibility on DK is helpful, too.
    ~

• Volkster6

@frugal said...

So on my journey to try and make sone sense of advanced MLB stats, started off today looking at Team K% and Pitching K% vs averages and 3 pitchers stick out:

CHC K% is +1.34 league avg facing Bieber whose K% +17.5 league avg.
    MIL K% is +3 league avg facing Bauer whose K% is +10.6 league avg.
    DET K% is +3.84 league avg facing Maeda whose K% is +8.2 league avg

On the flip side to afford those expensive pitchers…

Ton of value on BAL and facing BOS who gives up the most runs per game at 5.93, +1.28 league average.

This is an important take. Rarely does anyone discuss runs per game factoring in the bullpen. That said, for tonight, Eaovaldi might pitch into the 6th or 7th as it is also his last start of the year though, so I’d temper my Bal stacks expectation.

Honestly you could see a lot of SPs go deep tonight/tomorrow/Friday and then a mix or arms on the weekend.

Playoffs start Monday, and this is Day 1 of a teams elite SP1 (mostly) pitching, putting them in line to start game 1.

• frugal

@Volkster6 said...

This is an important take. Rarely does anyone discuss runs per game factoring in the bullpen. That said, for tonight, Eaovaldi might pitch into the 6th or 7th as it is also his last start of the year though, so I’d temper my Bal stacks expectation.

Honestly you could see a lot of SPs go deep tonight/tomorrow/Friday and then a mix or arms on the weekend.

Playoffs start Monday, and this is Day 1 of a teams elite SP1 (mostly) pitching, putting them in line to start game 1.

I’m not planning to stack BAL. But if they run out an order with 2-3 guys less than 3K batting 1-5, I’ll take at least 1. Top of the ARI order is my other value target.

• EricQ23

20 bucks maeda gets lit up today

• chickenmanE

thoughts of red sox?

• frugal

@chickenmanE said...

thoughts of red sox?

• biga0787

@EricQ23 said...

20 bucks maeda gets lit up today

Reasoning? Just a gut feeling?

• SteeloCity

Only playing the early slate on FD. I like Reds/Phillies stacks with Bauer.

• ifthethunder

Lefty outfielders for under 3,500 DK: Michael Brantley? Jackie Bradley, Jr.? There’s a couple more, too. E.g. Cedric Mullins and DJ Stewart, batting 1 and 2 for Baltimore.
    ~

• frugal

@ifthethunder said...

Lefty outfielders for under 3,500 DK: Michael Brantley? Jackie Bradley, Jr.? There’s a couple more, too. E.g. Cedric Mullins and DJ Stewart, batting 1 and 2 for Baltimore.
    ~

I ended up with a value pool of Andrew Stevenson, DJ Stewart, Ketel Marte, and Bradley Jr.

• ifthethunder

@frugal said...

I ended up with a value pool of Andrew Stevenson, DJ Stewart, Ketel Marte, and Bradley Jr.

Good luck! The slate began while I was making other plans.

I was going to mini-stack some Yankees, but I just have DJ LeMahieu in one of five. I thought it was odd that Michael Wacha was priced at 9,200, while Brandon Lowe is 6,000 (the most I have ever seen for him). I am loaded up on Lowe.
    ~

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).