7:10 PM EST : Boston ( 139 ) at Atlanta ( -160 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 222 ) at Cleveland ( -270 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : Detroit ( 130 ) at Kansas City ( -150 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Houston ( -180 ) at Texas ( 155 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 135 ) at Minnesota ( -155 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -155 ) at Chi Sox ( 135 ) —- T: 8
    9:40 PM EST : Seattle ( 180 ) at Oakland ( -215 ) —- T: 8
    9:40 PM EST : LA Angels ( 190 ) at LA Dodgers ( -227 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• biga0787

This could be an ugly day. Last start for pitchers of eliminated teams. Season winding down. Do we start seeing horrid lineups?

• biga0787

When do playoff teams rest guys? Going to make for more variance the next few days I’m sure

• frugal

@biga0787 said...

When do playoff teams rest guys? Going to make for more variance the next few days I’m sure

Do they really rest players in MLB, a sport which regularly plays double headers? Didn’t see it as strenuous enough of a sport to really need days off outside pitching.

• zeeshan2

don’t know if I should pay up for pitching or go for high priced bats like atlanta

• biga0787

@frugal said...

Do they really rest players in MLB, a sport which regularly plays double headers? Didn’t see it as strenuous enough of a sport to really need days off outside pitching.

I guess rest isn’t the right word, they give guys days off here and there. But it’s also about timing and not playing may effect that. So maybe they don’t.

• Wooden_Bones

@frugal said...

If this were a normal season we’d be seeing call ups from the minors and other players getting a little more playing time towards the last weeks of the season. Teams would be seeing what they’ve got in their younger players. But, with this being the shortened, strange year it is I don’t see lineups changing that much for most teams at this point.

I am being cautious with certain team’s players, like LAD, getting pinch hit for more often from now until playoffs.

• getlucky4

I like Boston and Cubs stacks. Maybe Boston players will be less owned also after yesterday.

• Wooden_Bones

@getlucky4 said...

I like Boston and Cubs stacks. Maybe Boston players will be less owned also after yesterday.

Those are two teams that have burned enough people (look no further than yesterday) that I wouldn’t worry about ownership. Godspeed to you.

• yisman

Boston crushed me yesterday. 1 friggin’ run. Stacked them on every slate. Yahoo had 4 slates plus there was DK and FD.

Anyway:

Joey Gallo hitting .171
    Gary Sanchez hitting .142
    JD Martinez .217
    Jose Altuve .225
    Josh Bell .223
    Brian Reynolds .191
    Javier Baez .196
    Kris Bryant .195

• Volkster6

Today is likely the last day where a team will stretch a starter. Most guys have their playoff roles secured, but others like Darvish or Kershaw should still stretch. Carrasco, Lamet and Berrios all should be allowed to work out any kinks heading into the postseason, but if they get in trouble early will be yanked.

Second tier is more interesting. Cease Uriquidy Alcantara Anderson Wright are all trying to play a way into the postseason, or into the postseason roster.

• ifthethunder

I agree that Carlos Carrasco and Jose Urquidy are the best choices for SP1 and SP2. Not even sure what pivots I want to make. I just know I need to update all the hitters before lock. In sharp contrast to yesterday (sad face emoji).
    ~

• frugal

@ifthethunder said...

I agree that Carlos Carrasco and Jose Urquidy are the best choices for SP1 and SP2. Not even sure what pivots I want to make. I just know I need to update all the hitters before lock. In sharp contrast to yesterday (sad face emoji).
    ~

Why Carrasco over Darvish?

• Volkster6

@frugal said...

Why Carrasco over Darvish?

Tougher matchup

• ifthethunder

Also, a bit more money. And I haven’t really researched the slate much, too busy crying about my PGA lineups. (And the forg-up in MLB yesterday, although the bright side of that is a I only squandered around 5 dollars.)

Anyways, Yuge Darvish is a pivot I’m willing to make, because I want to roll out five lineups in hopes of winning tickets with not many days left to go. Thank you for the idea!
    ~

• hypegotti

might be an edge on the early slate on dk if de leon and lindblom really starting, or are they only limited to an inning? dk has flaherty and someone else listed as the starers.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@hypegotti said...

might be an edge on the early slate on dk if de leon and lindblom really starting, or are they only limited to an inning? dk has flaherty and someone else listed as the starers.

It’s a double header. Flaherty and Suter game 1, De Leon and Lindblom for game 2.

Game 1 is in the early slate. Game 2 is on nothing.

On a side note, looks like it’s Paddack on the main slate Padres/Giants game now, instead of Lamet.

• zeeshan2

ATL stack look good without freeman?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@zeeshan2 said...

ATL stack look good without freeman?

I think it’s still good.

A BoSox stack now though….that’s a different story.

• zeeshan2

@Pandamonious said...

I think it’s still good.

A BoSox stack now though….that’s a different story.

as in you don’t feel good about it?

• JIB7

@zeeshan2 said...

Probably not. I’m guessing he’s referencing Bogaerts being out. And Devers.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@zeeshan2 said...

Yeah, that’s what I meant. I’ll still have a little BoSox, but they’re not as appealing.

• yisman

FWIW, the only two teams locked in to their seeding are the Dodgers and Padres.

I don’t know if teams care about their seed or not, though (a bunch of other teams have clinched the playoffs but not a specific seed).

• JIB7

Really want to go Cubs but they disappoint me every single time I stack them…. awful numbers this year. Feels like they’re just a bunch of names this year.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@JIB7 said...

Really want to go Cubs but they disappoint me every single time I stack them…. awful numbers this year. Feels like they’re just a bunch of names this year.

Baseball has been weird this year. Many teams that based on my DFS experiences would seem to be having terrible years. Cubs, Indians, Astros, Cardinals. There might be others. They’re all over .500 though and in the thick of it. I realize part of that is because of the expanded seeding, also because of pitching, but geez. Every time I stack those teams they seem to score 1-3 runs and lose handedly. These are teams I have stacked quite often too, and will be again with Cubs, Indians, Astros again tonight.

• Wooden_Bones

@JIB7 said...

I think the Cubs feel a lot worse than what they really are. They are a decent 13th in ISO against right-handed pitching.

Going against a pitcher like Dylan Cease with a 16.7% K and 13.7% BB means the Cubs are either a full stack or nothing offense for me tonight. My concern is that Cease gets pulled before getting blown up (like in many of his starts). That said, this slate is ugly enough that I’m seriously considering the Cubs.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).