7:07 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -115 ) at St. Louis ( -105 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:07 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -112 ) at Tampa Bay ( -108 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 174 ) at Cleveland ( -207 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 131 ) at Chi Sox ( -148 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Boston ( 130 ) at Atlanta ( -150 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 115 ) at Minnesota ( -135 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Oakland ( -201 ) at Seattle ( 184 ) —- T: 7
    9:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 162 ) at LA Dodgers ( -188 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

Interesting weather today. Brewers-Cardinals, 82 degrees and wind blowing out to left field at 12 mph. Tigers-Royals, 85 degrees and wind blowing out to left field at 17.
    ~

• zovyn

Early game – looks like DeGrom starting for NYM – despite what FD says… fwiw

• superjon

If playing 150 lineups. How many of them should contain a 3 or 4 man team stack?

• zovyn

@superjon said...

If playing 150 lineups. How many of them should contain a 3 or 4 man team stack?

Well.. I’m a 1 or 2 lineup guy, but I read the boards a lot and I think the answer to that question might be “all of them”?

• ifthethunder

I’m a five lineup guy in MLB and I don’t know the answer. I’ve gone from stacking to ‘just try to pick the home runs.’ (Which could be the same, if it’s the Braves lately, or the Yankees a few weeks ago.)

But today, Tanner Houck is pitching against Hotlanta. Who’s gonna play him? Probably no one. (Except me.) And I’ll have one stack of Braves as a hedge.
    ~

• superjon

I just started getting into MME and have watched some videos on stacking, and have tried a few different approaches.

I think tonight I’m going to try having 60% 4-mans and 30% 3-mans, and then last 10% can just be some mini stacks and a bunch of one offs.

• ifthethunder

Five pitchers: What say ye, RG MLB people?

Luis Castillo
    Adam Wainwright
    Tony Gonsolin
    Lance McCullers Jr.
    Tanner Houck

P.S. It seems Lance will only be pitching 4 or 5 innings at most, per Jake Kaplan of The Athletic. So add German Marquez to this mix.
    ~

• superjon

Wheeler
    Woodruff
    Castillo
    Bundy (depending on Dodgers lineup)

• superjon

Holy BVP, Batman.

Gallo v Lance – 14 ABs, 0 hits and 10 Ks

So he’s due, right??

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@ifthethunder said...

Five pitchers: What say ye, RG MLB people?

Luis Castillo
    Adam Wainwright
    Tony Gonsolin
    Lance McCullers Jr.
    Tanner Houck

P.S. It seems Lance will only be pitching 4 or 5 innings at most, per Jake Kaplan of The Athletic. So add German Marquez to this mix.
    ~

I think this slate is tricky. I’m stuck on 11 pitchers. Would like to at least cut it down to 8. Gonsolin is the only one you listed I’m not on, besides McCullers, but you’re switching him out to Marquez, who I am on. Might end up off Wainwright. Brewers have been poor overall against RHP, and Wainwright has been real solid, but that price!

• SkateFiend

Stacks lean more towards bust than boom this year, because the offense has sputtered this season.

When you stack any team (regardless of matchup) 90% of the time they’ll score 5 runs or less on most nights. Even if you stack a team that scored 10 plus runs, you get stuck in the middle because a lot of the players are chalk and you’re not getting the boost from the pitching or non stack players.

Earlier this season the White Sox and Padres looked like the next big thing, and I stacked them regularly. They eventually ran out of gas. It just feels like nearly ALL teams ran out of gas minus the Braves, Dodgers and Yanks. The Angels briefly rekindled their playoff hopes in the previous 2 weeks.

It’s easy to habitually stack the Twins and Red Sox because they were explosive offense only a season ago and you’re thinking ‘maybe tonight they go off for 15 runs” and most of the time it doesn’t happen. A lot of the teams are a shell of their former selves.

• Volkster6

It honestly just depends what builds your comfortable with. I’ll typically run a 4-3-1 and try and find a homer with the 1. My 4 stack will be correlated, and my 3 is correlated if it’s at home, and less correlated on the road but focused on the top of the order in hopes of a 5th at bat.

If I maxed I would build a lot of combos with the above in mind, throw in some 3-3-2 or 3-3-1-1 as well. Typically stay away from 5-3 but will play and odd 5-2-1

• chickenmanE

thoughts on woodruff?

• biga0787

@chickenmanE said...

thoughts on woodruff?

Cardinals have been poor against righties. They have talent.. if the match happened 100 times woodruff probably beats cardinals 80 times the way they have played this year. Rarely do the put up big run totals. They get guys on and cannot score.

• biga0787

The bad news is I have a cardinals stack, the silver lining is it’s at 1.2 percent each

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Well done Civale. God this guy is going to get lit up in the playoffs.

• ifthethunder

@ifthethunder said...

Tanner Houck

So Brandon Woodruff and Tanner Houck were the magic combo. (And German Marquez was pretty good too, being cheaper than Woodruff.)

OK today’s the last day. Pretty tricky.
    ~

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.