7:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 236 ) at NY Yankees ( -260 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 0 ) at St. Louis ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( -103 ) at NY Mets ( -105 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 147 ) at Boston ( -160 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Cleveland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 147 ) at Milwaukee ( -160 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 161 ) at Kansas City ( -175 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 0 ) at LA Dodgers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• kinger8705

Early slate pitching minus JV looks like Buzz’s gf from home alone…woof

• mbunner23

Pitching is crap shoot on the early slate.

• deerosa

JV will play for more than 5 innings yes?

• loutheitalian

Houston only 1 game back of Cleveland for homefield through playoffs i think they let J.V. go as Long as possible

• raymond333

Playing the early on FD too. May go Verlander, not sure yet.

Stack maybe HOU, SFG, and a couple of one-offs.

Lol, I took a chance last nite and played Colon (FD had him at $47 for his last nite).,,couldn’t resist lol. Plugged him in, and almost all the top bats and won $14..,could have been more. My strategy was even if he gets -10 to 0, with the top bats, I should be able to cover that. He was DTD by like the 2nd inning, and at 0, so I was like perfect lol. Crazy play, but won me $14.

• Scottydoesntknow

• jtkucheck

@kinger8705 said...

Early slate pitching minus JV looks like Buzz’s gf from home alone…woof

Not sure what’s not to like with Samardzija at that price… AZ probably not full strength

• depalma13

Fire up Nelson Cruz today.

• Lathum

Amazed Vegas has the run total so high for Texas. There are SO many Ks in that lineup. I’ll be shocked if JV doesn’t have at least 8-9.

• MrPerfekt7

This damn early slate of Pitchers smh
    Verlandeer and Gray so far. Thinking Rameriz as well

• Dirt_Lavert

@Scottydoesntknow said...

newb question. On DK, i never play satellites/qualifiers. If i win a ticket on a tourney named MLB SUPERSATELLITE TO $4.25M FANTASY FOOTBALL MILLIONAIRE, is that ticket only good for this Sundays million, or any upcoming Sunday million assuming they are all $20, or can it be used on any $20 entry tournament?

Scotty Doesn’t Know

It’s only good for the Milly maker. They have changed so the ticket can’t be used on any 20$ contest sadly

• Ibleedblue1

I actually dont really like Verlander today and will be fading him. There are 7 lefties in the LU for the Rangers today with the wind blowing out to right. No thanks. I am thinking a game stack could be the way to go on this slate. 8-5 Houston wins.

• raymond333

Ok, I’m stuck on my last OF…would you go Deshields or Span? Any opinions?

Edit: scratch that, gonna make a few changes.

• jtkucheck

@raymond333 said...

Ok, I’m stuck on my last OF…would you go Deshields or Span? Any opinions?

Head on down to Jarret Parker and free up some more salary.

• raymond333

Ok, I’m going Ramirez for pitching, screw it. then I’m stacking HOU and COL, and a couple one-off’s from SEA and SFG. See what happens.

• Dirt_Lavert

Anyone else loling at the post season arcade mode?

• raymond333

@jtkucheck said...

Head on down to Jarret Parker and free up some more salary.

Ok, thanks….well I changed pitchers, so now I could fit in the OF’s I wanted. I’m going to assume you wouldnt recommend Parker over Cruz, Springer, or Beltran….but I def appreciate it, as before I made the pitcher change, I was going to have to punt someone. But some said Ramirez above, and he honestly doesnt look horrible.

I’d rather go mid-tier pitching anyways. I’m suspect JV will be mad chaulky, and understandably so. Other than last nite (I couldnt resist Colon at $47 lol), the only baseball I’m playing now is these early only quins. Everything else is football.

Edit: actually keeping Ramirez at pitching, and with a 2×3 stack with HOU, COL, and SEA. Let’s go!

• Gasou4389

This Col/Mia is definitely getting in due to playoff implications, right? What is the rule if the game is delayed until tonight?

• yisman

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Anyone else loling at the post season arcade mode?

haven’t seen it

edit: ok, came up in the lobby https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/45432156

two pitchers and relievers earn more per outcome than starters as an incentive to use them

• Dirt_Lavert

Lucroy or Ellis for the early slate? Or McCann is good too I guess

• Dirt_Lavert

@yisman said...

two pitchers and relievers earn more per outcome than starters as an incentive to use them

nahh you gotta use an rp and an sp

• Dirt_Lavert

damn I want to not use Verlander so bad but in cash I think you kind of have to right? He’ll crush the end of that lu for sure

• Ronboogie6

@Ibleedblue1 said...

I actually dont really like Verlander today and will be fading him. There are 7 lefties in the LU for the Rangers today with the wind blowing out to right. No thanks. I am thinking a game stack could be the way to go on this slate. 8-5 Houston wins.

Yes but the lefties K% is nearly 30% and Verlander has a higher K% to lefties. I want off of him too but I agree with Lathum, I don’t see him getting less than 8k’s.

• Ndepompei

@Gasou4389 said...

This Col/Mia is definitely getting in due to playoff implications, right? What is the rule if the game is delayed until tonight?

Pretty sure it would still be on the early slate…think as long as it plays in the same calendar game it will count on the slate

• Dirt_Lavert

soooooooo weather getting worse in COL? Do we avoid this or what? That is kinda the keystone of this early slate.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).