7:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 236 ) at NY Yankees ( -260 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 0 ) at St. Louis ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( -103 ) at NY Mets ( -105 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 147 ) at Boston ( -160 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Cleveland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 147 ) at Milwaukee ( -160 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 161 ) at Kansas City ( -175 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 0 ) at LA Dodgers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• NewsboyMoriarty

Brews playoff hopes being dashed by a guy named Homer.

• NewsboyMoriarty

Richards losing it.

• someclevername

Richards wtf man harness your chi or something!

• TheWeeIceMan

Great, now Richards too.

• damionismyname

next year they need a contest without pitchers. this shit sucks.

• mr_papageorgio

Turner caught stealing sums my night up pretty well…

• strassnerte

I swear I have played Trout 20-30 times this year and I don’t think he ever got double digits for me once. Same goes for Didi. I have a knack for finding all of his 0s

• SkateFiend

Teoscar chalk bomb.

• richierich

So, Milwaukee’s entire season is on the line, and they have decided that conceding a shutout to the corpse of HOMER BAILEY is how they’re going to go out. Wow.

He had one of his only solid outings all year against them, but there was no reason to think that wasn’t just an anomaly. He is awful.

• richierich

@strassnerte said...

I swear I have played Trout 20-30 times this year and I don’t think he ever got double digits for me once. Same goes for Didi. I have a knack for finding all of his 0s

It’s not just you. Didi is quite streaky, and capable of posting a goose egg in any good spot. He’s done it for me plenty, but also has had some dingers for me. Trout has also not been his usual self since coming off of the DL.

• SkateFiend

What happened to Chris Taylor?

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

I don’t play on Fanduel, but I am considering them for MLB next year for the sake of only having to use one pitcher instead of two. I feel like I can pick hitters way better than I can pitchers.

• yisman

@yisman said...

I’m about 20 points down

I’m going to need the Dodgers game to be high scoring. He used Hill, I used Dodgers bats

I used Severino, Girardi pulled him at 90 pitches. He was pitching well.

He used Hill, Hill got a 1-2-3 first with 2 Ks

he stacked Fenway which went off

I stacked Dodgers

right after Hill got two Ks, Taylor injures himself reaching on an error

out of the game

ZERO POINTS FOR TAYLOR

WTF

• SkateFiend

@Epignosis said...

I don’t play on Fanduel, but I am considering them for MLB next year for the sake of only having to use one pitcher instead of two. I feel like I can pick hitters way better than I can pitchers.

If your one pitcher doesn’t do well, your lineup is probably sunk. I put in a lineup with Richards and I have no chance of cashing. I paired GR with Rich Hill at Yahoo and I can at least min cash.

Fanduel GPP is practically an arcade game. You can field an All Star lineup even with an above average pitcher. People catch up to you rather quickly. And from what I hear there’s major group activity (I hesitate to say collusion) in the cash games. I crashed and burned in their double up games earlier this season.

If I remember correctly you need to score around 150 points to safely min cash in single entry.

• GoldStandard000

@yisman said...

I used Severino, Girardi pulled him at 90 pitches. He was pitching well

Yankees had no reason to push him since he’s more than likely pitching the Wild Card game on Tuesday.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@SkateFiend said...

If your one pitcher doesn’t do well, your lineup is probably sunk. I put in a lineup with Richards and I have no chance of cashing. I paired GR with Rich Hill at Yahoo and I can at least min cash.

Fanduel GPP is practically an arcade game. You can field an All Star lineup even with an above average pitcher. People catch up to you rather quickly. And from what I hear there’s major group activity (I hesitate to say collusion) in the cash games. I crashed and burned in their double up games earlier this season.

If I remember correctly you need to score around 150 points to safely min cash in single entry.

I don’t play cash games for MLB.

In a GPP, however, I could work multiple pitchers across several lineups instead of having to work multiple pitcher DUOS across several lineups to be satisfied.

• SkateFiend

@Epignosis said...

I don’t play cash games for MLB.

In a GPP, however, I could work multiple pitchers across several lineups instead of having to work multiple pitcher DUOS across several lineups to be satisfied.

I think in a normal season, that might work better. But this is the season of the offense where any lineup can put up crooked numbers.

Last night Sale, Gio, Wood, Arrieta and Gausman did not pitch well. I didn’t play fanduel yesterday but I’m guessing if you didn’t play Keuchal you probably needed Mccuthcen or Dozier to safely min cash.

FD also limits stacking to 4 players, and pitchers also count – if that matters.

• yisman

the way my night is going. flopped an ace high flush. Guy calls me all the way down with jack high flush and rivers a straight flush

that just happened

after Chris Taylor exits in the first inning

#&^%@*^@*$#*

• someclevername

I was irritated that Brandon Moss only got me 2 points then they took his RBI away so now I have a zero again. lol Guess I shouldn’t have bitched about the 2 points. Ugh what a terrible night.

• someclevername

@yisman said...

the way my night is going. flopped an ace high flush. Guy calls me all the way down with jack high flush and rivers a straight flush

that just happened

after Chris Taylor exits in the first inning

#&^%@*^@*$#*

Brutality!

• richierich

@SkateFiend said...

I think in a normal season, that might work better. But this is the season of the offense where any lineup can put up crooked numbers.

Last night Sale, Gio, Wood, Arrieta and Gausman did not pitch well. I didn’t play fanduel yesterday but I’m guessing if you didn’t play Keuchal you probably needed Mccuthcen or Dozier to safely min cash.

FD also limits stacking to 4 players, and pitchers also count – if that matters.

I think it’s hard enough to pick one correct pitcher in this hitting climate. Two? No thanks. I’ll stick to FanDuel and bite the bullet if my one guy stinks. Also, I’ve cashed multiple times just this past week with pitchers in the negative. Greinke, Pomeranz…

At the end of the day, it’s an even playing field. Yeah, your one pitcher could tank. However, everyone else is dealing with the same thing. I’d rather just ride one pitcher I like. Than one I like, and one I just have to cross my fingers to hope doesn’t stink.

• richierich

48th-60th in a single entry 100 man 50/50 on FanDuel with identical LU’s.

While I sit in 42nd. They all have Corey Seager and Trout left. Need 6.80 to pass me.

That’s always just awesome.

• SkateFiend

@richierich said...

I think it’s hard enough to pick one correct pitcher in this hitting climate. Two? No thanks. I’ll stick to FanDuel and bite the bullet if my one guy stinks. Also, I’ve cashed multiple times just this past week with pitchers in the negative. Greinke, Pomeranz…

At the end of the day, it’s an even playing field. Yeah, your one pitcher could tank. However, everyone else is dealing with the same thing. I’d rather just ride one pitcher I like. Than one I like, and one I just have to cross my fingers to hope doesn’t stink.

I guess fanduel can work for people who can spread out multiple lineups.

I do best at Yahoo and probably min cash more consistently at DK. Fanduel has not been good to me for the most part. I think their pricing is way too generous.

• richierich

@SkateFiend said...

I guess fanduel can work for people who can spread out multiple lineups.

I do best at Yahoo and probably min cash more consistently at DK. Fanduel has not been good to me for the most part. I think their pricing is way too generous.

Yes, the scoring does make it pitcher heavy. No doubt. However, I don’t mind, as I’ve always been better at hand-picking pitchers that perform well than hitters.

• richierich

God, the Padres are insufferable!

Where was this swinging and missing last night?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).