7:07 PM EST : Baltimore ( 156 ) at Toronto ( -169 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 120 ) at Atlanta ( -130 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 174 ) at St. Louis ( -189 ) —- T: 8
    7:15 PM EST : Minnesota ( 150 ) at Kansas City ( -163 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 109 ) at Chi Sox ( -118 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -171 ) at San Diego ( 157 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 139 ) at Seattle ( -151 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : Colorado ( 164 ) at SF Giants ( -178 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Jaredmlevitt

Blue Jays have a high run total tonight due to playing against Jimenez. He’s actually been pretty good over the last month or so. I could see Bmore pulling this one out.

• Ndepompei

If anyone is playing the early slate on DK weather in Detroit looking bad

• txdave41

@Jaredmlevitt said...

Blue Jays have a high run total tonight due to playing against Jimenez. He’s actually been pretty good over the last month or so. I could see Bmore pulling this one out

I’m fed up of stacking Jays when they are in a good spot and getting burned. Last night was another example. 99% chance they will go off if I skip them and 99% chance they will do nothing if I play them. It’s maddening.

• KillaChap

@Ndepompei said...

It’s worse in DC. Full blown flash flood warning going on and rain forecasted through Saturday morning.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@KillaChap said...

It’s worse in DC. Full blown flash flood warning going on and rain forecasted through Saturday morning.

I can’t see how it is worse. It has been raining non stop for 24 hours basically now. No chance the game in Det plays today.

• deerosa

Possible that both games are washed out? Or will the Nats game start very late??

• KillaChap

OK so it’s settled; both games in the early slate are going to be rained out. lol

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

Man I wanted to play the early slate but literally looks like no chance either game gets in.

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@deerosa said...

Possible that both games are washed out? Or will the Nats game start very late??

I know it has been raining nonstop here in DC and isn’t stopping any time soon. It isn’t heavy rain but it is a game that technically matters for home field but at the same time doubt the Nats give a shit about playing in the rain after what just happened to Ramos.

• ASalvaro

What if one of the games are cancelled are the tournaments canceled because theres only one game?

• baggerly

@ASalvaro said...

What if one of the games are cancelled are the tournaments canceled because theres only one game?

Yes that’s correct. There is really no risk in playing either of the games. They either play and everything is good (which I don’t think they will) or one gets cancelled and all the tourneys are refunded.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@KillaChap said...

OK so it’s settled; both games in the early slate are going to be rained out. lol

Not really what the funny part of this is but no one said anything is settled. It’s mother nature. I live close to Detroit and I can tell you right now the game will be a hot mess. Every time the radar gives us an inch another cell comes up from the Southwest which is crazy. There is another one right now forming and it’s thundering and lightening right now.

• Zieg30

@baggerly said...

Yes that’s correct. There is really no risk in playing either of the games. They either play and everything is good (which I don’t think they will) or one gets cancelled and all the tourneys are refunded.

There’s still risk in that one could only go 5 innings.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Zieg30 said...

That’s not a risk. If one goes 5 innings and the other one finishes then the slate is good to go. Not sure what you mean. So funny though the Indians had to bail on their team bus and hop in cabs in Det due to the flooding. Never seen Det and surrounding areas get this much rain. It’s crazy.

• kratos12

This is fun!!! I’ll make a few lineups, if the game is canceled hopefully get a refund

• zshoom

• 2016 Single Entry Series Finalist

@slpanthers24 said...

That’s not a risk. If one goes 5 innings and the other one finishes then the slate is good to go. Not sure what you mean. So funny though the Indians had to bail on their team bus and hop in cabs in Det due to the flooding. Never seen Det and surrounding areas get this much rain. It’s crazy.

The risk there would be that you only get 5 innings out of your guys, while people heavy on the other game get the full nine.

There’s also risk that there’s a delay and pitchers get the early hook.

I’d fade this one. If you really want the action play the all day slate and get pitchers from the night games.

• baggerly

@Zieg30 said...

That’s very true but you could also get the pitcher a complete game shutout like Shelby Miller did last night going 5 innings. There are risks in both games not even starting or being shortened. Both of these games mean something (I think WAS still has to play for home field against LAD) so I’m sure they are going to try to get them both to at least 4.5 innings. My whole point was that if one gets PPD you don’t get 0’s for the game you just get refunded.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@zshoom said...

The risk there would be that you only get 5 innings out of your guys, while people heavy on the other game get the full nine.

I’d fade this one. If you really want the action play the all day slate and get pitchers from the night games.

You have to be crazy not to throw a few lineups in imo.

• Stickman731

@Ndepompei said...

Yes, I put one in since I won the Free $250 contest yesterday. I normally do not play DK preferring FD. I always fill out the free DK one with my core FD LUs.

• Zieg30

@zshoom said...

Yup, this is the risk I was referring to. On a two game slate, only getting 5 innings from one game where you selected most of your guys would be hugely detrimental.

• murphstahoe

@KillaChap said...

Play the all day slate and fade both games!

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

I’m definitely playing a couple of relievers today. Hope they get in.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@murphstahoe said...

Play the all day slate and fade both games!

No money in the all day slate on DK imo. Let’s go lock. Man I have made some crazy lineups for the 2 game slate. 2 relievers and more Britos than anyone.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Stinks, DraftKings app crashed this morning and it didn’t register one of my GPP entries…Just noticed now, so cue my highest score ever if both these games play.

I’ve used the reliever strategy before, but with the September rosters it seems like a complete crapshoot to guess who would potentially be long relief.
    Plus it wasn’t like there was an ace you needed to pair a reliever with to still afford bats. The only reason I see to go reliever is if you can’t project any of these starters at 5 pts.or better.

• dnely17

Went extremely heavy on the Arizona Washington game in the early slate because of the weather in Detroit, let’s see what happens!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.